Potential Spoilers: Robin's and Lucina's alt costumes in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U -- any favorites?

Roflolxp54

Lucina's and Robin's costumes  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which costume is your favorite if you were to play as Lucina in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U?

• Nowi
    • Cherche
    • Cordelia
    • Tiki
    • Lissa
    • Tharja
    • Sumia
  2. 2. Favorite costume of Robin?

• Default male
    • Default female
    • Male in green
    • Female in red
    • Male in blue
    • Female in yellow
    • Male in white
    • Female in pink

[spoiler=Robin's alternate costumes]

SSB4-Robin_Palette_001.png

[spoiler=Lucina's alternate costumes]

SSB4-Lucina_Palette_001.png

Yup, screenshots of Robin's and Lucina's alternate costumes, the latter of which are derived from other characters from Fire Emblem Awakening! Share your thoughts here! For the case of Lucina, from left to right, there's the default costume, Nowi, Cherche, Cordelia, Tiki, Lissa, Tharja and Sumia!

EDIT: added in Robin's alts. and hid the screenshots because of spoilers.

My thoughts on their costumes: by default, I would use the default costumes. However, in case the mood strikes me, or if it becomes apparent that visibility is becoming an issue and I don't want to put up a thick outline for the characters, I like green, red, blue and yellow costumes on Robin. For the case of Lucina, I actually like all of them since I can see the amount of effort Sakurai and his team put into the costumes (personal bias towards Cordelia, Tiki, Cherche, Lissa and Sumia).

By the way, doesn't Lucina in the Nowi alt costume look a lot like Nino from FE7?

... And can't believe that I just saw this now... male Robin in his white costume makes him look a lot like Kirito in his Knights of the Blood Oath uniform from Sword Art Online.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I don't plan on using or even unlocking Lucina, so what about Robin? He's in the game too, you know. :/

Personally, I like male Robin's colors best. Especially that blue, just lovely!

Edited by Anacybele

This thread is to talk about Lucina's alts. If you're not planning on using her and prefer to talk about Robin, why not make a separate thread instead of derailing this one?

EDIT: Thread got edited. Nevermind then.

On topic, Tharja is best Lucina, so I'm maining that one. Lucina's set of alts is definitely among the best, and really what I hoped Sakurai would do with the FE characters (representing other characters through palette swaps).

Edited by Jave

This thread is to talk about Lucina's alts. If you're not planning on using her and prefer to talk about Robin, why not make a separate thread instead of derailing this one?

What? I'm just saying that there's no reason this thread can't talk about both of them. I'm not trying to derail anything.

Ah, thanks for adding Robin. :)

Guess I still have to vote in the Lucina poll to vote for Robin though. I voted Cordelia since she's my favorite Awakening girl. Eh. And obviously, I voted for blue Robin!

Edited by Anacybele

I like the color scheme on the Cherche palette. Cordelia looks very nice as well. Personally I'd have to wait until there are screenshots from the front to really decide which one I would use.

Robin's palette with the white and red looks nice, as does the blue palette.

Like this?

[spoiler=Lucina's Alternate costumes]SSB4-Lucina_Palette_001.png

The code is
[spoiler=name of the spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Thanks! I'm not entirely familiar with SF coding. And edited the original post once more!

Edited by Roflolxp54

Default FTW, i'm generally not a fan of palette swaps.

Me neither. And...in Brawl I always did teams. So I couldn't pick Dark Link and stuff like that...I'll probably do teams with this one too cause I like teams.

I don't plan on using or even unlocking Lucina

...You can't really dislike Lucina so much that you will refuse to even unlock her. Right?

Anyway, I'll use default Lucina most of the time, but will also occasionally use the Cordelia, Tiki, and Tharja variants. I'll be using red Robin most often.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

i can smell the memes from here.

Red_Robin_logo.png

~YUM~

Tharja!Lucina kinda wigs me out. Not even sure why.

The next thing I know, people would be making possible creepypastas or headcanons regarding Tharja's obsession with Robin because of Lucina's Tharja costume.

Probably Tharja Lucina for me. Don't plan on using Robin that much, but I don't really like his/her alts that much and will probably stick with the defaults when I do play as Robin.

Also, it boggles my mind that someone would choose not to unlock a character just because they don't like them. I still feel like I have unfinished business because I don't have every single trophy in Brawl and Melee. I not only have unlocked characters I don't like (such as Lucario and Sonic in Brawl, though both are starting characters now), but I've played as them to get their trophies and any other unlockables that playing as them could earn (Hell, if I wound up being particularly good as either of them, they would have become my main. And both of them along with Robin have a chance of becoming my main again in the new games. I don't let personal bias stop me from playing as a character that I can win with, though I'd obviously prefer to be good with characters I like).

Not even to use her as your own personal punching bag?

Not even that, somehow. I never even wanted to see her in the game as anything more than an a trophy, and I still don't want to see her. xP