[Spoilers]SSB4 Leaks Discussion

Pull My Devil Trigger

The guy has just unlocked every character. The all character unlocked confirmation message has appeared.

http://i.imgur.com/hZVKQ1R.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SdecBGR.jpg

Well...that's that, I guess.

Barring some time exclusive Wii U character or DLC or something, that's all we get. :/

Edited by shinpichu

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except All-Star Mode was still locked with this roster, like I said. There are still characters left. I think this guy is pulling our leg. He covered up the bottom screens of his 3DS too to hide something. Why else would he do it?

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe All-Star Mode was locked when that dev did the leaks because it wasn't necessarily the final final build? Or maybe because it was a dev copy, they locked All-Star Mode for the purpose of testing other shit. I dunno.

From the same guy who posted the picture of the full roster : Yes the message says new all stars mode is fully unlocked.

Here's also the alternative requirements for unlocking character by playing VS :

10 times Ness

20 times Falco

30 times Wario

40 times Lucina

50 times Dark Pit

60 times Dr. Mario

70 times ROB

80 times Ganondorf

90 times Game & Watch

100 times Bowser Jr.

110 times Duck Hunt

120 times Jigglypuff

Edited by kingddd

Well that's lame. The roster still looks incomplete. And Donkey Kong having less reps than Kid Icarus? That just makes zero sense.

Well, it does make sense to me. Creator bias by Sakurai. Also, do you all really count clones as reps? To me, there are just two KI-reps.

I'm a little disappointed myself. I'll just hope for DLC.

Well, it does make sense to me. Creator bias by Sakurai. Also, do you all really count clones as reps? To me, there are just two KI-reps.

I'm a little disappointed myself. I'll just hope for DLC.

They have separate spots on the roster, therefore they're separate reps. Heck, I even consider Alph a second Pikmin rep because even though he shares his spot with Olimar, he gets his own model and such. Same with the Koopalings.

And obviously, I expected creator bias, but I still think that Donkey Kong should've gotten a third rep regardless. I'm not blaming Sakurai for my disappointment though, I'm blaming the leaks for leading me to believe that this wasn't the final roster. Again, something I fully expected didn't happen...

Edited by Anacybele

Also, do you all really count clones as reps? To me, there are just two KI-reps.

Yes. There's no reason not to. They take up seperate slots in the roster and have different movesets. It's like saying that Melee only has 20 characters because the six clones don't count.

It also kind of stings that only ONE character I really really wanted got in (Robin). Daisy is still a terrible Peach alt (why no separate model if Alph and the Koopalings got their own models? :/), Vaati might not even be a trophy, Dixie is probably just a trophy. Ghirahim is an assist and Keldeo is a Pokeball. I'm still pleased with those last two, but...yeah.

I may be a little weird in that regard, but since clones do not take much time for development, and since they don't bring anything new to the roster, I don't think of them as real characters.

So the cuts are Ice Climbers, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake and Lucas?

Man, the Ice Climbers cut is really hurting :/

It's not just the Ice Climbers' cutting that hurts. All of them had unique movesets.

Well, Sakurai probably didn't like having to leave the ICs out. It WAS said awhile back that they were having issues with them. So I bet they would've been in had they not had problems.

Edited by Anacybele

At this point we just need to hope for DLC.

Dr. Mario coming back but not Mewtwo is a travesty. Yes, Dr. Mario was easy to make using Mario as a base, but Mewtwo could use Lucario almost as easily.

And, from what I'm hearing, Isaac might not even be an assist trophy anymore. I mean, I wasn't expecting him to be playable, but the fact that Golden Sun isn't acknowledged AT ALL now...

At this point we just need to hope for DLC.

Dr. Mario coming back but not Mewtwo is a travesty. Yes, Dr. Mario was easy to make using Mario as a base, but Mewtwo could use Lucario almost as easily.

And, from what I'm hearing, Isaac might not even be an assist trophy anymore. I mean, I wasn't expecting him to be playable, but the fact that Golden Sun isn't acknowledged AT ALL now...

Not even close. Dr. Mario was already a costume for Mario, like Alph or the Koopalings. Thus they already had his model made and rigged. We don't even know if they have a model for Mewtwo at all. Also, Mewtwo is not even a pseudo-clone, let alone a full clone like Dr. Mario. Mewtwo and the clones did not compete for spots in the slightest. The clones did not prevent any unique characters from being added.

Isaac being cut fully would be a bummer, though. I haven't played GS, but it sounds like a cool and notable series.

Edited by Ragnell

Would you be satisfied with Mewtwo being a clone of Lucario? I think he was too unique to be downgraded like that.

I'm most surprised that Dixie didn't get in simply because she was planned for Brawl. Sakurai didn't try her again, why? ;_;

Wasn't she planned as a team together with Diddy Kong instead of being her own character? Sakurai might be satisfied with just Diddy now.

And well, it has been several years since Brawl. It's not like he never changes his mind.