[Spoilers]SSB4 Leaks Discussion

Pull My Devil Trigger

can I just say that I am absolutely ecstatic that the Ice Climbers were left out of SSB4

they were a neat concept executed horribly in every way

like, IMO they were super slow and clunky when that was probably not the intent unlike with certain others (like Ganondorf)

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very satisfied with the roster. Sad that Snake's gone, but it was to be expected. The removal of the chain grab would have nerfed the ICs to hell and while I feel bad for the people who liked them, I'm not disappointed with their removal.

Edited by Shulk

I have to say, I'm really wanting to try out and main Duck Hunt Dog. I've always had a soft spot for retro characters whose series has stayed dead for decades, and even as a kid I always found the Dog way more funny than annoying. I'd even play Duck Hunt every now and then despite not even having the Zapper just to see the laugh.

Does anyone here believe that there might be like, console exclusives for Wii U?

i'm interested in anyones opinion

I'm thinking and hoping so. I mean, if Sakurai has been putting that much work into the Ice Climbers and (if Gematsu was outdated rather than wrong) Chrous Men, I should hope that he'd come to the conclusion that it'd make more sense to make then Wii U exclusive if they didn't work on the 3DS, rather than throw away hours/days/weeks of work trying to implement them and throw away all that work for nothing.

And before anyone says "Sakurai's keeping the Wii U and 3DS rosters exactly the same," keep in mind the Official SSB4 site and the April Direct emphasize that anything regarding SSB4 is tentative subject to change, and may not be final. And due to Sakurai obviously putting in a lot of effort into the Ice Climbers and trying to work them into the 3DS version, I should hope he's not going to scrap all that work completely.

can I just say that I am absolutely ecstatic that the Ice Climbers were left out of SSB4
like, IMO they were super slow and clunky when that was probably not the intent unlike with certain others (like Ganondorf)

Well, that's just unreasonable. If it was a matter of you hating the Ice Climbers as a character, finding them redundant (like Toon Link or Dark Pit, but Ice Climbers are far from being like those two), or them sticking out like a sore thumb among the Nintendo cast (*cough*Snake*cough*) that'd be understandable. But enjoying them being cut just because you didn't like their play style or it didn't click with you?

By that logic, a lot of people should be hoping like crazy that regular Link is never playable in future Smash games due to competitive players and a good chunk of people finding his playstyle bad (less so in Melee, though).

i'm sad and disappointed there's no snake. i am confused that there's no ice climbers.

To me, people being upset about Snake's cut is as ridiculous as people complaining about no Darth Vader or Yoda in Soul Calibur V. I mean, those three are guest characters that stick out like sore thumbs among the cast that they were guests of. They should consider themselves lucky that Snake was even in a Smash game (especially considering most would say there are tons of 3rd parties that have supported Nintendo better and deserve to be in Smash more), and shouldn't treat him like he's some sort of staple to Smash and that his exclusion to SSB4 is a crime.

Edited by Randoman

It's very possible Sakurai just cut them because he didn't personally think they were all that fun anymore. If he said 3DS version didn't hinder the Wii U version maybe he just didn't plan to put them in anyway.

Why Lucas and Wolf and Snake are cut doesn't need much explanation.

I'm almost fully satisfied with the roster. I initially wanted Ridley and Mewtwo and a Rhythm Heaven dude and hell even Dixie, but the newcomers we did get are super cool and way make up for it imo. Duck Hunt Dog? Heck yeah! Palutena? You don't even have to ask! All the newcomers are super cool and play uniquely (besides maybe the clones) but also seem fun. And that's all I really care about. Sucks to those who wanted more, but hey I couldn't ask for more.

If the Wii U connectivity thing is true, that's even cooler. I hope they let you use it to other people's copies of Smash U, since I can't really afford a Wii U.

Edited by Alertcircuit

Gema_yue unlocked ROB and here it is. The same message appeared.

Update:

All Star Mode has no lock anymore.

bunRdhN.png

rK07AVY.png

This one says that all assist trophies are unlocked. Is there a list of all assist trophies? Well, I don't really care for a list, but I want to have confirmed whether Isaac is gone for good or not.

I always figured the 3DS version release might not be the end of it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153

Either that old 4chan leak is still real, or some people are out there are really trying to milk this for all it's worth.

This is nice and all, but moving models could easily mean assist trophies or stage bosses. But I'll cling to any hope for Dixie being playable.

This is nice and all, but moving models could easily mean assist trophies or stage bosses. But I'll cling to any hope for Dixie being playable.

Yeah, that's another thing I considered.

The big thing I was hoping for from the base 3DS version was that the lock on All-Star wouldn't be removed even when all the available characters are unlocked. It doesn't necessarily kill my theory that more characters will become available over time, but it does hurt it.

Either way, while everyone hoped it would, speculation was never going to end with the 3DS release. It will continue until the Wii U version release, and in this generation, possibly even longer.

Well, maybe with additional characters added later, All Star Mode would become All Star Mode Plus. That's the only way I can think of for this to make sense, but I don't think I'm quite as clever as Sakurai, so... :P

But if I'm right about this, well...holy shit. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I have to say, I'm really wanting to try out and main Duck Hunt Dog. I've always had a soft spot for retro characters whose series has stayed dead for decades, and even as a kid I always found the Dog way more funny than annoying. I'd even play Duck Hunt every now and then despite not even having the Zapper just to see the laugh.

I'm thinking and hoping so. I mean, if Sakurai has been putting that much work into the Ice Climbers and (if Gematsu was outdated rather than wrong) Chrous Men, I should hope that he'd come to the conclusion that it'd make more sense to make then Wii U exclusive if they didn't work on the 3DS, rather than throw away hours/days/weeks of work trying to implement them and throw away all that work for nothing.

And before anyone says "Sakurai's keeping the Wii U and 3DS rosters exactly the same," keep in mind the Official SSB4 site and the April Direct emphasize that anything regarding SSB4 is tentative subject to change, and may not be final. And due to Sakurai obviously putting in a lot of effort into the Ice Climbers and trying to work them into the 3DS version, I should hope he's not going to scrap all that work completely.

Well, that's just unreasonable. If it was a matter of you hating the Ice Climbers as a character, finding them redundant (like Toon Link or Dark Pit, but Ice Climbers are far from being like those two), or them sticking out like a sore thumb among the Nintendo cast (*cough*Snake*cough*) that'd be understandable. But enjoying them being cut just because you didn't like their play style or it didn't click with you?

By that logic, a lot of people should be hoping like crazy that regular Link is never playable in future Smash games due to competitive players and a good chunk of people finding his playstyle bad (less so in Melee, though).

To me, people being upset about Snake's cut is as ridiculous as people complaining about no Darth Vader or Yoda in Soul Calibur V. I mean, those three are guest characters that stick out like sore thumbs among the cast that they were guests of. They should consider themselves lucky that Snake was even in a Smash game (especially considering most would say there are tons of 3rd parties that have supported Nintendo better and deserve to be in Smash more), and shouldn't treat him like he's some sort of staple to Smash and that his exclusion to SSB4 is a crime.

Gets mad at people saying good riddance to the IC

Does the exact same thing to Snake

Still as hypocritical as ever I see

Whelp time to find my new main :/

Btw do you still have to charge Link's up b?

you never needed to but his recovery has definitely been buffed up significantly

Edited by kingddd