[Spoilers]SSB4 Leaks Discussion

Pull My Devil Trigger

So, I know it's been said no dlc but do we think it's still going to happen

I hope so. I'm not holding my breath for it though.

I also think it's possible there might be "timed exclusive" characters that won't be available on the 3DS version until after the Wii U version. After all, Sakurai can't just give us nothing but menus fro the Wii U version for the next 2-3 months, can he?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news for GS fans: Apparently, Isaac didn't even come back as an Assist Trophy. So that means that GS didn't get any significant content this time around.

That's really sad. Especially when there still are more insignificant characters as assists.

Oh please, let us have Isaac as DLC.

So, I know it's been said no dlc but do we think it's still going to happen

That's never been said, actually. Sakurai only said it wasn't planned early in development.

I've been expecting DLC for a while now and still do.

After all, Sakurai can't just give us nothing but menus fro the Wii U version for the next 2-3 months, can he?

He can show us Wii U-exclusive modes and content. Stage Builder plz. :(

And Red Fox is right, Sakurai never actually explicitly said there would absolutely never be any DLC. And even then, this guy can change his mind completely. :P

Edited by Anacybele

At this point we just need to hope for DLC.

Dr. Mario coming back but not Mewtwo is a travesty. Yes, Dr. Mario was easy to make using Mario as a base, but Mewtwo could use Lucario almost as easily.

And, from what I'm hearing, Isaac might not even be an assist trophy anymore. I mean, I wasn't expecting him to be playable, but the fact that Golden Sun isn't acknowledged AT ALL now...

i think you should do the following:

1. get melee and brawl running.

2. put your cursor onto mewtwo and lucario.

3. press the start button twice.

4. PLAY AS THE CHARACTERS

after you do this, i'd like to see you tell me how they are that similar, aside from "well they both put balls in front of them with b."

Also, going back to the subject of that person that said they're certain linking up the 3DS version with the Wii U version would unlock more characters, I can safely say that this is a very plausible idea. Why?

Because it's been done before. Alhough, it was the reverse, where linking up two versions of the same game brought characters from the handheld game to the home console game. The two games that did this were Mario Golf 64 and Mario Golf for Game Boy Color. And further research revealed to me that Plum, one of the starting golfers in the N64 version, had a trophy in Melee as well as a sticker in Brawl, so Sakurai is fully aware that these games exist. He could've easily taken the link-up idea from them.

Oh yeah, I just remembered. I had suggested this idea a loooong time ago when Smash was first announced for 3DS and Wii U. But it was kind of shrugged off. Wow. lol

Edited by Anacybele

To me, people being upset about Snake's cut is as ridiculous as people complaining about no Darth Vader or Yoda in Soul Calibur V. I mean, those three are guest characters that stick out like sore thumbs among the cast that they were guests of. They should consider themselves lucky that Snake was even in a Smash game (especially considering most would say there are tons of 3rd parties that have supported Nintendo better and deserve to be in Smash more), and shouldn't treat him like he's some sort of staple to Smash and that his exclusion to SSB4 is a crime.

who deserves to be in smash more is a fruitless discussion. there are several characters on the roster now that i don't think deserve even an assist trophy, let alone a whole character. and, there are others who i'd absolutely love to see in smash. but none of that matters, really.

but for of your main point, it is not 'ridiculous' to get upset at losing:

--my main in brawl

--one of my favorite fictional characters in one of my favorite vg series

i understand why he's not in it, but that doesn't mean i can't get upset about his exclusion.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

who deserves to be in smash more is a fruitless discussion. there are several characters on the roster now that i don't think deserve even an assist trophy, let alone a whole character. and, there are others whom i'd absolutely love to see in smash. but none of that matters, really.

but for of your main point, it is not 'ridiculous' to get upset at losing:

--my main in brawl

--one of my favorite fictional characters in one of my favorite vg series

i understand why he's not in it, but that doesn't mean i can't get upset about his exclusion.

He was my main too. In fact him being in Brawl got me interested in MGS and now the series is one of my favorites.

Also I found this http://mynintendonews.com/2014/03/14/kojima-wants-to-see-snake-return-to-super-smash-bros/

Some gameplay videos. Wario's Iconic Shoulder Charge Smash Attack has been replaced with a new attack animation and some minor tweaks

...seriously? They got rid of the Shoulder Bash altogether? How does that make sense?

...seriously? They got rid of the Shoulder Bash altogether? How does that make sense?

No idea, I find it kind of sucky too considering he uses it in every majority of Wario Land series. But at least it seems like Wario's animation in general is a lot more smoother now. No more weird jerky movement that he had in Brawl.

Edited by kingddd

I think I saw that it was a punch rather than a shoulder bash. I feel a punch makes more sense for Wario who's all about his strength. xP

The shoulder bash is an iconic move taken directly from his games. It would be like replacing Ike's aether with Marth's dolphin slash. Edited by Red Fox of Fire

The shoulder bash is an iconic move taken directly from his games. It would be like replacing Ike's aether with Marth's dolphin slash.

Oh, I hadn't known that. The only Wario game I've played is Wario Land: Shake It! for the Wii, so yeah. I see now why that's odd.

The guy has just unlocked every character. The all character unlocked confirmation message has appeared.

http://i.imgur.com/hZVKQ1R.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SdecBGR.jpg

update:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=892178&page=268

The message is said to be,

"The true 'All-Star' mode has been unlocked! Defeat all of the fighters!"

Where are the mii fighters?