Best and Worst Looking Classes?

Maxkibram

There have been plenty of threads about which classes play the best, but what about the classes that look the best? We're talking 100% aesthetics here. The actual effectiveness of any of the classes doesn't come into question.

I think the best looking is the myrmidon class. I love classes that use fur, and the emblem on the sash takes the cake for me.

The worst in my opinion goes to the Hero class. I don't what Intelligence Systems were thinking, making one of the best classes in the game look the most ridiculous. I don't even want Ike's DLC character because I think his avatar and portrait look silly. The only character in the game with a decent looking hero avatar is Flavia. Sucks that it's character exclusive to her, though.

IIRC, Female Heroes looked fine.

There's a lot of "worst"s, actually. I feel like all of the characters are too bulky and dumb looking. Knight/General, Berserker, and Warrior all look absolutely ridiculous. Seriously. Just take a look at Zerker!Henry. It's a pain to look at...

Best? Dark Flier, maybe. It's one of the only ones I can think of off-hand that aren't ridiculous, and actually kinda cool. Take a look at 'em off their mount, they look cool. Tacticians are cool too, lovin' that jacket. Assassins are also... alright.

Edit: I just took a look at Bow Knights, they're hella cool (Only aesthetically). But Great Knights look hella bad.

Edited by Draco

I wondered when this thread would show up again (it's more common than gameplay threads about individual classes, believe it or not).

I like male Wyvern Lords and Dark Knights, and the alternate Sage model. I don't like non-Henry Dark Mages, stock Manaketes, Berserkers, any mounted female except Bow Knights, Troubadours and Valkyries, anything with armor except GK Fred, and female Archers and Assassins.

Bow Knight is a very well designed class that gets overlooked very often. It's one of the only class where the female is appropriately dressed. As in having apractical breast plate and pants. Snipers as well. The simple yet practical design is amazing. Male Mercenaries look fantastic in this game also.

Knights and Generals are fucking hideous in this game. The Cavs aren't too pretty either.Paladin is alright, but the only good Great Knight is Fredrick.

Imo, a lot of classes look bad in this game. :/ But there are a few I like.

Best: Great Knight and Bow Knight, no contest. <3

Worst: Knight, General, and Cavalier all look absolutely hideous. I don't like how skimpy the female sorcerers and the manaketes look either.

Cavaliers and Knights look godawful, as do Assassins.

I could live without the zettai ryouiki on some of the female models but that's generally not a big deal (it's in like, every FE game), and I have no clue why anyone's got anything against Heroes in this game.

Edited by Irysa

I think the dark mages look more shaman/witch doctory than anything. What with the bone necklaces and headgear...which does fit. But yeah, Tharja doesn't need to be wearing that transparent cloak thing. I don't need to see her bra and undies.

Knights and generals are fine. So are cavaliers and their line.

The barbarians...dafuq is up with that cow skull hat? Looks kinda wierd...

Edited by Dragoncat

Bow Knight is a very well designed class that gets overlooked very often. It's one of the only class where the female is appropriately dressed. As in having apractical breast plate and pants. Snipers as well. The simple yet practical design is amazing. Male Mercenaries look fantastic in this game also.

Knights and Generals are fucking hideous in this game. The Cavs aren't too pretty either.Paladin is alright, but the only good Great Knight is Fredrick.

Just shows how different my tastes are. I hate the look of snipers, that heavy metal breastplate looks so out of place on a guy with a bow.

Anyway, Tactician looks the coolest, General worst.

The dragon-kin look very odd. More like Wyvern's than Divine Dragons... -_- also the fact that Nah is the only different colored one baffles me. They could've made Tiki white, and Morgan purple but whatever.

Favortie would probably beeee....... I guess Swordmaster? Going with the whole Samurai motif. Or Sage. I liked the Roman numerals on the cloak.

Best: Swordmaster, Assassin, Dread Fighter, Mercenary, Myrmidon, Thief, Manakete, Mage, Berserkers, Brigand, Villager, Bride, Tactician, Grandmaster, War Monk/Cleric, Knight, General (F), Sniper (F), Bow Knight, Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Grifforn Rider (M), Pegasus Knight, Dark Flier, Troubador, Valkyrie, Priest/Cleric, Paladin, Great Knight, Dark Mage, Dancer, Conqueror, Trickster, Sorceror, Lord, Great Lord, Sage, Taguel.

Worst: Cavalier, Warriors, Fighter, Hero, General (M), Archer, Sniper (M), Griffon Rider (F), Falcoknight, Dark Knight.

As you can tell, there are many aesthetically good looking classes, but the bad ones clearly stand out.

Worst: Knight, General, and Cavalier all look absolutely hideous. I don't like how skimpy the female sorcerers and the manaketes look either.

Glad someone agrees on Bow Knight. Totally underrated class. I bet you don't like Great Knight (they're fugly), you like Great Knight!Freddy. There's a difference lol

Just shows how different my tastes are. I hate the look of snipers, that heavy metal breastplate looks so out of place on a guy with a bow.

Anyway, Tactician looks the coolest, General worst.

Nah man it's exactly where it should be. Protects their most vulnerable area. Snipers have generally had the same look throughout the series, and it looks really good. Simple and practical. I did forget about Tactician however, cool as fuck class. Hella sue though. Also forgot Dread Fighter.

Still, no love for male Mercs? I think their outfit looks really great. Inigo and Gregor rock the hell out of it.

There is only one ans-Dread Fighter.

So it's both the best and the worst, because it's the only answer to a 2-part question?

EDIT-As for me...conqueror and manakete when transformed are probably my favorites. My least favorite? I dunno, probably knight, general and great knight like so many others have said. I also rather like the hero look even though it's weird.

Edited by SeverIan

Glad someone agrees on Bow Knight. Totally underrated class. I bet you don't like Great Knight (they're fugly), you like Great Knight!Freddy. There's a difference lol

Nah man it's exactly where it should be. Protects their most vulnerable area. Snipers have generally had the same look throughout the series, and it looks really good. Simple and practical. I did forget about Tactician however, cool as fuck class. Hella sue though. Also forgot Dread Fighter.

Still, no love for male Mercs? I think their outfit looks really great. Inigo and Gregor rock the hell out of it.

This breastplate in particular I don't like, it looks clunky and sort of puffed out like they got a beer belly or something. It seems like it would get in the way when you're trying to pull back the string.

I think mercenaries look great, buuut...that shoulder guard just kills it for me. I'd still like the Tactician more, but mercs would be a close second if not for that shoulder guard.

Berserkers look absolutely fucking hideous in this game. A real letdown, given that they were pretty badass in pretty much every other game that had them. Snipers also look kinda ridiculous aesthetically. I absolutely fail to see why a backline unit would need that much armor... Great Knights... Either you're Frederick, who actually has some nice looking armor, or you look ridiculous. Enough said.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Berserkers look absolutely fucking hideous in this game. A real letdown, given that they were pretty badass in pretty much every other game that had them. Snipers also look kinda ridiculous aesthetically. I absolutely fail to see why a backline unit would need that much armor... Great Knights... Either you're Frederick, who actually has some nice looking armor, or you look ridiculous. Enough said.

This one speaks the truth, Berserkers look more like male strippers than actual combatants.

When thinking that this all takes place in the continent of Akaneia, a lot of the classes look out of place.

Best looking has to be generic Trickster (dat hat!), probably also thief and merc, bow knight looks decent as well as paladin.

Worst generic... I don't know where to start, knight, general, cavalier, great knight, hero, manakete, dark mage, sorc...

This game has a lot of wierd designs.

The male sorcerers aren't any more modestly dressed aside from Henry. Personally, I think the sorcerers look pretty cool.

If I were to give an example of a female class that looks really ridiculous, it would be most female assassins, not in their outfit so much as their behavior while holding a sword. That playful stance perfectly fits a trickster Anna. It does not fit an assassin anybody.

My main complaint with the heroes is that they don't have their signature hugeass shield, the one that's still included in their sprite for crying out loud. Female heroes look fine in general, especially using axes, but the male ones look kinda goofy, particularly when they attack with swords. So. Much. Leaping.

Knights and Generals look ridiculous, but I only really noticed this once einherjar characters started appearing as them, especially the black knight. Impossible. To. Take. Seriously.

Cavaliers and paladins both look kinda silly to me, mostly cavaliers.

My favorite classes aesthetically are probably Tactician/Grandmaster, Myrmidon/Swordmaster, Dark Knight, Dark Mage, Sorcerer, and Bride. Brides are awesome. It's like if in Kingdom Hearts 2, during the Beauty and the Beast dance scene, tons of heartless and nobodies crashed the party, and Sora, Donald, Goofy and the Beast got in battle stance, only for Belle to whip a lance out from her huge, poofy dress, and start leaping around, skewering heartless and nobodies while fighting like a dragoon. Oh, and I guess Dread Fighter looks okay too, but not as good as Grandmaster/Tactician. Which is weird, because I generally prefer ninjas to pirates, and to me at least, the Grandmaster class seems to suggest "sophisticated pirate captain" to me.

Edited by Alastor15243