Hardest FE game?

pianime94

I had heard that the old school FE is very hard, but I don't know which one, we got HHM for FE7 (considering if you're doing a ranked run, it's tough), I also heard FE10's hard mode is very tiresome and FE13's Lunatic+ to the point of unfair

Thracia is really more beginner-unfriendly than difficult. When you get accustomed to the mechanics, you'll probably find it much less frustrating.

As for the hardest game, I'd say both of the Lunatic difficulties (and Reverse Lunatic & Lunatic+) get the spot.

I only watched LPs of Thracia 776. Though I think it's the hardest one. The enemies and bosses are really tough.

I have played 6-13 and 10 was the hardest one for me on lowest difficulty (maybe because it was also the first one I played). However FE10 HM is not hard at all.
On hardest difficulty 11 - 13 are probably the hardest.

FE13 lunatic+ is definately the hardest hands down, no other mode even stands a chance.

Its the only mode where you can pretty much lose right out of the gate in some early chapters and there's nothing you can do about it.

Hardest game in general i'd say is actually FE12, even H1 isn't a total walkover, like other hard modes in the series.

The older games aren't hard if you know them well, but the same can really be said about the new games, I thought Awakening was kind of tough in my first hard mode run, but I think that was largely due to me trying to use about 16-18 units and my dudes got pretty underlevelled, whereas if I played it now I'd find it ridiculously easy with a team of 6-10 units (or just Robin+1 lol)

Beginner not friendly games: FE 6, FE 5

Hard when on harder difficulties: FE 12

Bullshit Hard: FE 13 Lunatic+

FE 6 has odd RNG which you are very dependent on, which automatically makes it a bit hard. FE 5 has REALLY long maps that screwing up, will make you not want to re do it and mechanics are slightly different.

FE 12 requires a bit more complex decisions when strategizing an attack. Though it'll require a bit of luck, it isn't a key factor when playing.

FE 13 Lunatic+ LOL LUNATIC STATS WERE HARD ENOUGH NOW LETS GIVE YOU SOME SKILLS THAT ALWAYS ACTIVATES TO SCREW YOU OVER NOOB LOLOLOL HAWKEYE LUNA WILL FUCK YOU UP GG SCRUB. HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE -LUCK AS A REAL LIFE FLAW.

Edited by Zephyr

Tough question. I mean, things are difficult for different reasons.

Awakening and Thracia are pretty much polar opposites in terms of design. The scenarios in Awakening never change significantly: Units with random classes with no particular positioning charging from all directions. The only significant thing that does seem to change from battle to battle were the stats of the enemies. So the difficulty is less about how one tackles a particular chapter but about munchkining, to find ways to squeeze the largest possible amount of power out of units so they grow faster then the enemies. Now in Thracia, enemies never get much stronger but the scenario varies a lot. Because of this, seemingly weak enemies can turn out to be a massive pain but even well thought-out scenarios can still be crushed by pure power. And being a very secret-heavy game, that degree of power can be obtained easier and easier on repeated playthroughs.

So I would say it's pretty much all apples and oranges here.

Edited by BrightBow

Beginner not friendly games: FE 6, FE 5

I would say FE5 is game for people who really like looks for tricks which makes game easier. Basically FE5 is all about putting one or two unit in special-supebroken spot.

I only watched LPs of Thracia 776. Though I think it's the hardest one. The enemies and bosses are really tough.

Only few of them.

The hardest one blind is easily FE5 since many things like the escape chapters, Manster, expensive items with no funds and whatnot can really screw up a new player and can get the player into unwinnable situations. I always tell players who start this game to save to a different file every chapter to avoid game ending screw ups due to this.

FE13 lunatic+ is definately the hardest hands down, no other mode even stands a chance.

Its the only mode where you can pretty much lose right out of the gate in some early chapters and there's nothing you can do about it.

Hardest game in general i'd say is actually FE12, even H1 isn't a total walkover, like other hard modes in the series.

Also this, though I think FE12's lategame was just a tad harder than FE13's lategame on the highest difficulties since dragons are BS and the avatar isn't as broken

Also this, though I think FE12's lategame was just a tad harder than FE13's lategame on the highest difficulties since dragons are BS and the avatar isn't as broken

FE12's earlygame is harder than FE13's. But the lategame? I don't really think FE12's lategame is actually that hard, even on Lunatic, unless you're RNG screwed on your team or you are setting yourself restrictions. On non Lunatic difficulties, you've got Warp as well.

15 you can do pretty leisurely. Nosferatu works to clean up the right if you don't have enough oopmh for the left at the start, but isn't really that important.

16 is only hard if you try to get every single chest instead of just thief staffing and seizing through the trap quickly.

17 is a joke if you take it slowly, the only complicated thing is trying to get the Nosferatu thief.

18 is simple since the entire Wolfguard can be avoided and there's Nosferatu for the General clump. If you don't meet stat benchmarks or haven't trained Linde then just pull a bunch with a General trade chain a forged armorslayer with reclassed swordmasters and fortify for the rest of the dudes.

19 is difficult if you want to actually recruit all the wolfguard, if only because you need to somehow make sure thieves dont kill the village at the start but the warriors there are kinda retarded. If you choose not to do that then it'd be pretty easy, just kill the boss with Wing Spear or a Hammer and rescue staff the bosskillers out so you don't activate reinforcements and they don't die, then just slowly advance. I'll admit that one is pretty tough if you're doing a proper run though. Should technically be possible to move up far enough to kill the thieves and rescue staff the thief killers to the start of the map, then kill all of Vyland's team and box Vyland in whilst simultaneously doing the bosskill and rescue staffing people out though.

20 kind of shocked me because if you commit to doing it quickly it's actually relatively easy. Although having ORKO power vs the heroes and snipers could be a problem but with forges and the swordslayer you should be okay. The main tricky part is getting all the loot. I guess you could technically use thief staff to get the extra again staff without having to somehow tank the bolganone mage and the longbow sniper at the door? My Catria was tanky enough but other people would probably have problems since mine was res blessed. You can pull the bolganone mage from the start of the map, if you can get enough power to ORKO the longbow sniper with 1 person then you can probably kill the Glower sorc too, which owuld make that easier. Use the savepoint to rig crits on Hardin so Marth can seize, use an again staff if neccessary.

21, eh. Pass a forged brave lance around and rush flyers to get the thieves before they get to the startlight village. That's about it.

22 spam brave weapons and again staff/savepoint rig the boss to skip most of the enemies.

23 the second half of the map doesn't start up until you do IIRC so you can pretty safely clear out the start without much thought. I dunno what I'd have done without the foresight to make a +10 dragonpike forge though, I only decided to do that because I did something similar in FE11 and it was super helpful vs dragons in the endgame. With that you can rescue staff Marth to the throne corridor, blow through the dragons guarding the door to gharnef by oneshotting them, then savepoint rig a starlight crit (the innate crit it has is rather high) for gharnef. If you don't meet mag benchmarks that might be rough though, too many glower sorcs. But I think with the secret shop and mag bonds you should be okay? If you have two people who can use starlight and at least one has more than 22 speed, or have more than 2 again staff users (not counting xane) that could work too.

Final, spam the rescue and again staff, rig at least one crit on Medeus with Marth and have him keep bonking Medeus with Recover/Again support from the bishops.

Now C2, 3, 4 and 5.....god

Edited by Irysa

i find fe12's earlygame a cakewake comparitively, you can just straight up lose in FE13 Lunatic+ based on enemy skills.

A few years from now this could very well change, even about 5 years ago people were still thinking FE4 and HHM were pretty hard games, whereas today, they're considered pretty easy.

I was somewhat surprised by how overrated Thracia's difficulty was. It was no doubt tough but not nearly as merciless and unwinniblevas I heard people make it out to be. Though unfriendly to beginners is another term I hear thrown around and admittedly it was the ninth game in the series I played so I was pretty far from being a beginner.

i find fe12's earlygame a cakewake comparitively, you can just straight up lose in FE13 Lunatic+ based on enemy skills.

eh, I was just comparing lunatic difficulties, not + admittedly. I thought FE13's earlygame was relatively simple (c5 kicked my ass though), but OTOH I did not have access to a tanky avatar in my first lunatic PT of 12 so some things got a bit complicated. On subsequent replays of the earlygame where I just exp dumped Prologue Chris in a class that doesn't have garbage defence growths he trivialised all the stuff I was having problems with, and promoted much quicker, ORKOing stuff easily and tanking hits like a boss until you get to the dragon chapters. Actually killed my motivation to keep trying a replay.

So I guess that's not too different from your experience with FE13 either lol.

Edited by Irysa