Frosty's FE8 "Pick my Units" Run...

Frosty

I'm gonna do a FE8 "Pick my Units" run...

One person means one unit, so pick carefully and I hope I don't get a crappy set of units, ugh...

PICK YOUR UNITS GUYS! GO GO GO before I shove a cactus up in your nostrils! Of course, the lords are not included in the list because they're mandatory in all chapters, d'oh!

THE POSSE not including the Lords (12/12):

Syrene, Ewan, Gerik, Gilliam, Franz, Vanessa, Ross, Marisa, L'Arachel, Artur, Colm, Joshua

Note: Ephraim Route because everyone said so and I'm a masochist.

Edited by Lord of the Cactus

LET THE CARNAGE BEGIN!

PROLOGUE (5 Turns)

I just skipped the turns so that I can lure those pesky Fighters on Enemy Phase because I am a lazy bum. Eirika just ate them all for lunch and scored a crit on the Boss and got a good LVL up!

LVL   HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  WPN RANK
Eirika    02/--  17  5   9   9   5   3   2   SWRD - E

Chapter 1: Escape! (8 Turns)

It's simple mook thwomping at the start. Eirika got a good level up and Franz at first got a meh only-SKL level up for whacking that loldier while Gilliam facetanks everyone. Did some pokes on the boss, but ugh... Eirika almost died at the boss but lucky I had Seth to rescue her off and Gilliam dropped her off. Reinforcements eventually came along so I parked Franz at the fort so he can laugh at them for a good level up that comes in with STR which I want meanwhile I parked Eirika near the boss and chugged a vulnerary so she can Rapier him to death for almost killing her!

LVL HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES    WPN RANK
Eirika    04/-- 19  5  10   11  5   4   3     SWRD - D
Franz     03/-- 21  8   6    7  3   7   1     SWRD - E / LNC - D
Gilliam   04/-- 25  9   6    3  3   9   3     LNC - C

The madness will continue tomorrow when I'm not busy because I'm already drowsy when doing this.

Chapter 2: BANDIT THWOMPING! (Turns: 7... I'll get to check back how many cause I lost track from laughing at the bandit slaying)

Sent Eirika and Boulder to loot the villages while the rest of the posse go south, especially Seth who has been stripped of his weaponry so he won't destroy this chapter. Made Vanessa rescue Ross and then later, Garcia. After getting Ross, sent everyone sent while Vanessa is kept at a safe distance from the bandits and especially that archer! Some bandits just committed suicide on Eirika where she gets a very excellent level up while Franz who is near the descending boss gets another MEH level-up. Vanessa did some last-hitting on the bandits only to get a really good level-up with the stats I want, Ross killed the boss and gave me stats that I don't need.

LVL    HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WPN RANK
Eirika    05/--   20  5   11  12  6   5   3  SWRD - D
Franz     04/--   22  8    6   8  3   7   1  SWRD - E / LNC - D
Gilliam   04/--   25  9    6   3  3   9   3  LNC - C
Vanessa   02/--   18  6    8  12  4   6   5  LNC - D
Ross     02/--/-- 16  5    2   3  9   3   0  AXE - E

Chapter 3: Enter Bazba the Not-so-Great (Turns: 10 because I don't want anyone to die!)

Ordered Garcia and Franz to break down the wall. Sent everyone else up a bit tad up. Next turn, a bandit attacks Garcia only to meet his death from Eirika's evil Steel Sword of DOOM and got Colm on that turn and happily parked him next to a treasure chest where the Bandit guarding it attacked him and Gilliam finished the bandit off with an almost-perfect level up except RES. The southern room is occupied by the high MOV units and Eirika where the archer tried to attack Seth. Next turn, Franz chips off the bandit at the south room near the chest and Eirika opens the door with the key and Ross finishes him off for a rather okay but still disappointing level up (at least HP and DEF isn't bad).

After smashing the wall with Eirika + Vanessa afterwards; the next turn had Franz, Vanessa and Seth cornering the archer so I can feed him to Vanessa; luckily she dodged two Hand axe blows which supposed to have killed her. After dispatching the bandits in the room, I lured the Merc with Seth so Eirika can double him with Rapier and Vanessa gets the kill. Bazba gets disposed with Eirika and Franz where Eirika killed him on Enemy Phase.

Eirika    07/--   21  7   13  14  7   6   3  SWRD - C
Franz     04/--   22  8    6   9  4   7   1  SWRD - D / LNC - D
Gilliam   05/--   26 10    7   4  4  10   3  LNC - C
Vanessa   03/--   18  7    9  13  4   6   6  LNC - D
Ross    03/--/--  16  5    3   3  9   4   0  AXE - E

Next up... getting Artur who will blind all the undead to death and getting the HAT of DOOM; and lastly clearing one of the most annoying FE chapters I've played.

Chapter 4: Ancient Horrors that aren't really Horrors (Turns: 10)

Straightforward chapter, split the group into two. Vanessa gets to whack the skeleton right away. Gilliam heads over to the wooden bridge. Artur visits the village while the rest get in position. Eventually, more undead came that happily committed suicide to my posse for a bunch of turns and got both some disappointing and good level-ups. After breaking that wooden bridge; Gilliam is the one who fetches Lute and Vanessa scores the boss kill. Had to do this chapter with caution though.

This chapter belonged to Vanessa because she LOL-stomped a lot of the mooks while proc-ing STR!

LVL   HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WPN RANK
Eirika     07/--  21  8   13  15   8   7   4 SWRD - C
Franz      04/--  22  9    6  10   4   7   1 SWRD - D / LNC - D
Gilliam    05/--  26 10    7   4   4  10   3 LNC - C
Vanessa    06/--  19 10   11  15   6   7   7 LNC - C
Ross     03/--/-- 16  5    3   3   9   4   0 AXE - E
Artur      03/--  19  6    7   8   2   2   7 LGT - E

EDIT: I forgot that Vanessa's HP was 19 in this post... Whoops...

Chapter 5: Horror of the HAT! (Turns: 11)

Another fairly straightforward chapter but this one took me five to six tries thanks to bad RNG messing with my luck; and this chapter will guest star the healers because it was hard without them. Franz, Gilliam and Moulder took the left side while the rest go right with Seth leading the way to tank the enemies. A bunch of turns involved my units thwomping the opposition, once the enemies near Joshua are gone; I parked Seth in the forest so I can get him in range of Natasha to be recruited. Afterwards, everyone now heads off to the northern part of the map to KO more foes. Joshua gets the boss kill.

Oh, and I had all villages visited by the way... Just saying!

LVL     HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WPN RANK
Eirika    09/--    23   9  14  16   9   7  4  SWRD - C
Franz     08/--    25  10   8  11   4   8  1  SWRD - D / LNC - D
Gilliam   06/--    27  10   7   4   4  10  4  LNC - C
Vanessa   07/--    20  10  11  16   7   7  7  LNC - C
Ross    07/--/--   19   8   3   6  10   4  1  AXE - D
Artur     05/--    20   7   7   8   2   2  8  LGT - D
Joshua    06/--    25   9  14  15   7   5  2  SWRD - C

Ugh... I'm not liking what's Artur turning into... He's getting like RNG-screwed often with his level-ups; oh well... It's Ephraim solo-thwomping time!

Chapter 5x: A rather slow Ephraim's Castle Solo of DOOM (Turns: 28)

It's just simply Ephraim almost solo-ing the castle and racking up a huge body count for lots of EXP. Had to use Forde and Kyle for the chest opening. Oh, and Eph scored a crit on the boss... Wheee!

Ephraim     12/--   29  12  14  16  11  10   4 LNC - B

Now, Ephraim's stats are similar to his twin; except a bit more STR, LCK and DEF. Also, B Lances means Brave Lances; but I'm not gonna see that thing until later. Next up, the most annoying FE8 earlygame chapter!

You have Ross Gerik Gilliam and Franz open for garm

Well... I'll see who's gonna get it in the end; but Gerik's going Ranger for Nidhogg.

Chapter 6: This stupid fog of war chapter... (Turns: 7)

The first fog of war chapter in the game and probably the most annoying earlygame chapter IMO, and the two staffbots are guest star party members again for this one. To start off; I've made the posse to go up all the way north with Franz as the bait for those damned Cavaliers. After a few turns, I had to station Seth in the woods to lure out a loldier, a Thunder Mage and a Halberd-wielding fighter which all became "food" for my units. Eirika, Joshua and Gilliam stationed behind to ward off those annoying reinforcements while Vanessa slipped all the way into the mountains to find Novala.

There's also a point where Ross almost got killed, thank god that didn't happened... The boss got chipped by Vanessa after being located and the boss kill went to Franz.

LVL   HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES    WPN RANK
Eirika      09/--  23   9  14  16   9   7   4    SWRD - C
Franz       11/--  28  10   8  11   4   8   1    SWRD - D / LNC - D
Gilliam     07/--  28  10   7   4   4  10   4    LNC - C
Vanessa     08/--  21  10  11  17   8   7   7    LNC - C
Ross      09/--/-- 21   9   3   6  10   4   1    AXE - D
Artur       07/--  20   8   8   9   2   3  10    LGT - D
Joshua      07/--  25   9  14  15   7   5   2    SWRD - C

Chapter 7: I don't care about your Ballista Talk, Murray! (Turns: 15)

Straightforward chapter again, I just let everyone head over east and lure out the enemies which are tanked by Seth. Took a bunch of enemy and player phases to get them all taken down. Of course, I didn't miss out on the Mage with the Energy Ring because I sent Colm along for the ride. I sent Vanessa north to dispose that Ballistae Archer and managed to KO the Fighter next to it despite of nearly getting killed.

The people who headed over to the boss are Eirika, Artur and Gilliam. Artur gets the boss kill.

LVL   HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES    WPN RANK
Eirika     10/--  23   9  15  16  10   8   5    SWRD - C
Franz      12/--  28  12   9  14   5   8   2    SWRD - D / LNC - C
Gilliam    09/--  29  12   7   6   5  11   4    LNC - C
Vanessa    09/--  22  11  12  17   8   7   7    LNC - C
Ross     10/--/-- 22  10   3   7  10   4   2    AXE - D
Artur      10/--  23  11   9  10   2   4  12    LGT - D
Joshua     07/--  25  10  14  15   7   5   3    SWRD - C

ROSS IS SO GOING PIRATE!

Chapter 8: The trap ain't working! (Turns: 17)

Before starting the chapter... Ross turned into a Pirate with magic!

I started off by sending Franz, Joshua and Vanessa to the East whilst the rest go up to deal with the loldiers and the armor. Franz manages to kill off the archer by the way. The next turn has Eph and the gang finally joining up. The next step is to get Seth to unlock the door so he'll lure out the Armors for Artur to KO. Meanwhile on the otherside, Ephraim impales the morons with Javelins, the armor there gets Armorslayer'd and Franz deals with the fighter. It took a while for the armor room to get cleared with a combination of Ross, Artur and Gilliam before Colm snags the Angelic Robe. Also, the longbow archer on this side had to be lured out so Gil can chip on him and be fed to Ross.

On the other side, more foes are disposed as Vanessa, Ephraim and Joshua continue along the path heading towards the treasure room while Franz blocks the Cav reinforcements. The thief appears and gets chipped by Gilliam before getting finished off by Artur. Colm and Ross continues to run across the hall while Seth plays meatshield for the enemies near the throne room. Ross gets to dispose the other longbow archer to keep him from KO-ing Vanessa. The shaman in the treasure room is both lured and KO'd by Vanessa thus leaving Colm to snag the spoils inside.

The people who headed over to the boss are Artur and Ephraim where they chipped for a bit of damage from Tirado. Ephraim gets the boss kill and Eirika seizes.

LVL    HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES   WPN RANK
Eirika    10/--   24   9  15  16  10   8   5   SWRD - B
Ephraim   16/--   31  15  16  18  14  10   5   LNC - A
Franz     14/--   31  13  11  14   6   8   2   SWRD - D / LNC - C
Gilliam   09/--   29  12   7   6   5  11   4   LNC - B
Vanessa   10/--   23  12  12  18   9   7   8   LNC - C
Ross    10/04/--  26  13   4   9  13   5   2   AXE - D
Artur     14/--   26  14  12  12   2   4  14   LGT - C
Joshua    08/--   26  10  15  16   7   5   3   SWRD - C

Not bad!