Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Discussion

Shinehollow

I noticed that there's no PMD forum on here,so I decided to make one.Unless,of course,the other one died.You can discus where to get legendaries,how much you love/hate Gates to Infinity,maybe get rescue missions,and get passwords for Mystery Mail thing.Maybe also about the a possible 6 Gen one.

WELL,YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO:Discus.

EDIT:For the fun of it,a topic:What were you and your first partner?

Charmander and Meowth.The good ol'days.

Edited by Shinehollow

The very first time? Totodile with Treecko. Then on other playthroughs I was different things, my favorite being Charmander with Totodile, which I do all the time now.

Great spinoffs, memorable plots and music. I HATE how in the Explorers ones you and your partner can't even evolve after the main storyline but everyone else can. That's messed up...I've heard Mystery Dungeon is getting worse the more installments they make. Red Rescue Team will always hold a special place in my heart though.

i think i was a turtwig, and my partner was torchic. ...and then i hacked the game to make myself a darkrai and my partner a mew.

I don't have Sky ;-;

this is a problem

The pair I remember being in Sky was Cyndaquil with a partner Totodile. Totodile has such a good movepool in that game. I think the series was at it's best during Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, and is at it's worst now.

Edited by Shulk

pokemon mystery dungeon rescue team and explorers were so good, loved playing them, I haven't played any new ones though

I have red, time, and sky versions, and sky is so much better than time/darkness that those aren't even worth playing in comparison, thanks to the improvements

my first playthrough on red was eevee/pikachu

on time it was vulpix/skitty

then on sky it was eevee/vulpix

I played red enough to where my flareon main was able to hit for over 1000 damage, the damage reader saying -999 in red numbers... I didn't quite get that far in sky though

I also never finished the 100-floor challenge dungeons, too much fake difficulty in randomness, not in my interest

Man, Mystery Dungeon... I love all of the games, especially Gates, as it's my favorite of the three. Sure, there aren't much pokemon than the other games, but there was Move growth! And shared EXP! And the characters had at least three emotion mugs, unlike someone... *coughhackmd2dusknoircoughhack*

I don't have Sky ;-;

You need to fix this.

I THINK I had the Torchic/Squirtle combo in Red Rescue Team (it was some Fire Pokemon), Bulbasaur/Totodile in Time, and I can't remember what I was in Sky. Infinity was the worst in terms of game design (too damn short, and no cool questions like the other ones), and I heart Sky. . .it made me cry twice.

Despite the fact that Infinity was, uh, bad, I still managed to cry during the ending.

You need to fix this.

I THINK I had the Torchic/Squirtle combo in Red Rescue Team (it was some Fire Pokemon), Bulbasaur/Totodile in Time, and I can't remember what I was in Sky. Infinity was the worst in terms of game design (too damn short, and no cool questions like the other ones), and I heart Sky. . .it made me cry twice.

Despite the fact that Infinity was, uh, bad, I still managed to cry during the ending.

bah i cant even work up enough energy for infinity, i like some of the mechanicues though and umbreon and espeon forelight is fave.

for red rescue team first run i had cubone/pikachu but my winning combo was mudkip/pikachu, and for pokemon sky my preferd team is riolu and eevee, but really any duo works for the games cause of the sheer variety in locations and the such.

though red rescue team seemed to have it out for grass types.

A big problem ;o;

A really big problem.Plus,I never thought that there'd be so many Gates haters in one place.

I apparently suck at Sky if I'm not Skitty and my partner's not Riolu.The only time I was able to beat the game,it was with those two.And would it be a problem to say I only have Red Rescue Team and Sky?Though Sky's kinda like an expansion and Red Rescue Team's is basically Blue Rescue Team on the Gameboy Advance....

anyone who doesn't crey during the Explorers ending are either lying or really blunt

I saw someone on YouTube who said he didn't cry.DEATH TO HIM.

Anybody have a good partner for a Chimchar?I'm thinking Mudkip,but are there any other good ones?

I've only really played Red because Shine keeps hogging Sky >_<

In Red, I was a Torchic, and I was fairly happy because 1. WHO NEEDS ARMS? and 2. Lava touching capabilities. My partner was (I'm pretty sure) a Squirtle. I can't remember why..

I've only really played Red because Shine keeps hogging Sky >_<

In Red, I was a Torchic, and I was fairly happy because 1. WHO NEEDS ARMS? and 2. Lava touching capabilities. My partner was (I'm pretty sure) a Squirtle. I can't remember why..

psha feed enough gummies to mudkip and it can walk on all terrain and run through walls like no ones buissness

mudkip toats rules all, death to the infedils with mudkip

I saw someone on YouTube who said he didn't cry.DEATH TO HIM.

tbh i tried not to crey for 1st time but i had a few tears so idk

psha feed enough gummies to mudkip and it can walk on all terrain and run through walls like no ones buissness

i'm glad someone lieks mudkips too

also by 'enough' you mean 'a lot'

Also why I picked Mudkip XD. Who cares about chubby little Mudkips from all the gummies?

I remember one time with Red Rescue Team I gave all the gummies I found to my main Pokemon,Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard and had every skill in the game.Then a Tropius used Gust on me!I didn't hit the wall,I went through it without breaking it.Took awhile to find the path again.

Then a Tropius used Gust on me!I didn't hit the wall,I went through it without breaking it.Took awhile to find the path again.

That sounds fun (I'm not kidding XD) You can do that with the pass-through or whatever the name is scarf in Sky. Except you better bring a lot of apples~!

• 5 months later...

Since no one's posted anything here in a while. I've decided to put something here myself.

About the games, my favorite is explorers of sky, as it is a remake of my first video game. (Literally, explorers of time was the first video game I ever played) I also think that Red rescue team comes at a close second, and my least favorite is Gates to Infinity. It just felt... dull. It was also "child-ized". Everything seemed like it was intended for kids. The explorers and rescue team games were all dark, and quite tense at times, which Gates to Infinity had some of, but it wasn't quite the same. Also I hated the confetti after you completed a mission and the whole "Good Job!" thing or whatever it said and how it has the little fanfare that played when you did the gate-keeping in the explorers games. I also disliked the very few characters you could chose from. I wanted to play as a shinx or cubone again, but oshawott worked, I guess. (I also disliked the removal of the quiz, but I am guilty of exploiting it to get who I wanted, too!) Well, that's enough rambling on that particular subject!

As for my teams they were: (In order the games came out, not when I played them)

Red: Cubone (Me) and Machop (Partner)

Blue: Mudkip and Pikachu

Time (Never played Darkness): I think it was Skitty and Totodile

Sky: Shinx and Rolu

Gates to Infinity: Oshawott and Snivy

And that is all I have to say about Mystery Dungeon for now.