TheMoniker

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? Use Guy. And probably Ambulance Nino.

Other than that, good luck! You'll need it.

Well, looks like popular request is against me here.

Use Guy! My only problem with him is his pathetic movement and he's too heavy to be rescued by pretty much anyone that isn't Marcus. But he's a great tank.

Also, a request. If you show stealable items in the chapter, can you tell us the speed of the unit carrying it? I'm updating the spreadsheet as you go along.

Good luck, and have fun!

Sure, I'll try, although I can't really make any promises for the fog chapters. And I'm not showing vulneraries or elixirs, as I've always considered them "not worth the trouble".

Hello everyone, and welcome to...

LET'S PLAY CHAOS MODE: Episode 3: Chapter 13: The first really long episode

FOREWARNING: This post required so many screenies that they ended up lower-quality. Should still be understandable, but Ill probably have to split most updates into 2 parts from now on...

qp8LZ5h.png

Okay, let's get moving!

nwzLmSc.png

Here's the plan: Eliwood lures out the cavalier(and, unwittingly, the peg as well), while the bandit is lured out by Serra.

iO0SF6l.png

Things work out.

dk1G3Dh.png

They do.

1Ul0oaO.png

Eliwood puts out a VERY DEFENSIVE level, which I guess is slightly better. Keep it up, I guess?

cxNoj0m.png

Here comes the bandit army! They're going to make a beeline straight for the mine village, but as you'll see...

JqeTpck.png

Lowen has no trouble moving in and moving out again. Mine SAFE.

H2dyVq8.png

I just did this to give Bartre a chance, I didn't honestly expect it to hit.

OZY4I3x.png

Aaaannnnd the village is open! DORCAS IS MAKING A BREAK FOR IT! THE CROWD IS ROARING! WILL HE MAKE IT?

Find out after these messages!

DQ8zqz4.png

Second turn setup. I think I'm luring out the pegs.

oUQxglL.png

Yaaaayyyy, one miss!

pbwUQKd.png

Yaaaayyyy...two misses....

X4qYtCQ.png

And here we see the stream of bandits at work. Now that we've rescued the village in this screenshot, they are heading STRAIGHT FOR THE MERLINUS VILLAGE. Also, did I mention that these bandits, with their powerful hand axes and relatively good stats, are actually some of the most dangerous enemies on the map?

wnf0B4r.png

I just did this to show off Rebzerker's sprite. Yes, its totally unchanged, even though female and all. It's only as explicit as you make it!

V2mdEvh.png

Even Hector's CHIP is unspeakably perfect.

sLflSrn.png

Hmmmm...I want more out of you, Lowen!

y5gXcv0.png

The red pegausus SWOOPS in, directly blocking Dorcas from the village! HOW WILL BLUE TEAM HANDLE THIS?

FAmEu32.png

I screw up this level screenshot, but I think it was JUST HP, nothing else.

zHQvtkd.png

This is acceptable. Keep up that defense, Eliwood!

M0fXe1G.png

You don't even need to see this guy die. You just need to know his death is inevitable. Hector does not miss.

QZ6NmmL.png

Strategy!

DoXD59r.png

Enemies, NEVER hit Serra.

5YfuKwc.png

And now these guys are coming out. I made sure to check all the enemies for stealables. There were none.

qdFaxlC.png

The gaiden is secure, but now we have to get back while under fire from bandits!

rlUd44Z.png

Pictured: Very careful positioning. Looks like those bandits forgot they could break snags! Hah!

CTLq58R.png

See? Look at how tough these guys are? No, I dont actually do this.

xkojkSL.png

Down here, we've apparently crossed a line, Guy is headed right for us!

2UFVMjb.png

HECTOR will handle this.

DriRgf4.png

He does, but now we're in an even worse position. We can't risk Guy attacking anyone on our side!

7NieJdb.png

OH NO! It turns out a lack of snag-breaking was the PLAN ALL ALONG. I forgot they could cross rivers! And Eliwood is isolated!

H31wmtt.png

RESCUE POWER.

ZP9JL3y.png

Serra grabs a mountain, and the bandit doesn't even think its worth TRYING to throw.

lJw6bq3.png

The HP is nice, but...

quxtdX8.png

And now cavs are coming at us. Itll be a while before we get over this bridge!

f6mmEm5.png

FACE PALM. No recruiting, and now we have to retreat AGAIN.

QQoaWpz.png

Aggghhh! The enemy has pincered us! IT ACCIDENTALLY DID SOMETHING INTELLIGENT!

JfeLxUR.png

STUPID DOUBLING

TRY NUMBER 2

UF6elC7.png

Everyone lives this time, but a bandit grabs a mountain. Man, I hate mountain bandits.

Bv3fI7D.png

TIME TO TURN THE TABLES.

ctElBkK.png

You so got this, guy.

EvJ0PYp.png

He gets it, while meanwhile I chip with Bartre to show off that he has increased EXP gain like Eliwood. It balances him out a bit better than Eliwood, I feel.

CWUCo3E.png

LOWEN. Believe it or not, this is him MISSING.

XbtXfHQ.png

Come on guys, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CLEAR OUT THESE DUDES LIKE THIS?

aILjaQn.png

I decide to calm down and stop shouting because whoa. After my derogatory comments last chapter, Eliwood seems to have begun a quest for self-betterment. And for that, I am willing to forgive him for his poor performance in the first chapter. GO, ELIWOOD!

EawKWQa.png

I forget what I intended to show here.

FWLDL5b.png

HEART ATTACK. My perfect level could have been moot, but nope, Serra doesn't fail me.

mxtefZO.png

You don't even need 3x MT when 14x2=28.

i21HZgv.png

Hector is once again going to tank everything.

And then, Guy gets a level! Hah! Now you will know how wrong you were about him!

tQLqxb3.png

Anyways...

GCuHOGW.png

Hector kills an archer who decided to retreat to a fortress to heal.

ySQpuXH.png

Marcus got a 2-stat level. Forget which 2, but I botched the screenshot again.

d2z8kNY.png

Wow, the dude couldn't even bring himself to APPROACH Hector.

v8fNIw2.png

Hmmmm....

92HAMOD.png

Guy must prove himself to me, apparently.

OzCXNSO.png

Lowen follows suit.

F1Ra37o.png

Another good level? Man...

And Guy got another level. The last one was just a fluke!

QtIzX5V.png

HAH! See? It isnt perfect! But I'll keep using this horrible character, since you guys demand it.

qibJB9S.png

First weapon break of the game!

6TnA0Ry.png

Hey Boies...you seem to have run out of dudes...

ucjjxYg.png

Didn't stand a chance.

ZJpLUdI.png

ANOTHER predictable level. Everyone but Serra gets the good levels!

YccVyvS.png

Eliwood and hector get some supports.

bTQ2qtU.png

I snag a heal and a javelin.

9lkIr8Y.png

And then I seize, and I FINALLY get this screen! Father=onii-chan! Text replacements!

ilOrS58.png

Well, here we go.

hesFmzk.png

Wait, I thought it was supposed to the BOLTING sword!

Next time: Me hoping for more good levels!

Well, right now, you're on the easy part.

It starts getting hard at chapter 19x.

Prepare yourself, or you are DEAD.

*Thinks he should have used Guy in his 0%. Maybe he could have defied the rules and done perfect levels*

EDIT : Use Kent too. I want to see how he is in a regular playthrough. Please...

Edited by Nintales

Aint this the truth. 13x was a little bit annoying for me but it wasn't actually difficult, I just made dumb mistakes.19 was relatively easy. Then, you find out what Axereavers are.

Prepare yourself, or you are DEAD.

*Thinks he should have used Guy in his 0%. Maybe he could have defied the rules and done perfect levels*

EDIT : Use Kent too. I want to see how he is in a regular playthrough. Please...

For me, part of the trolling level design is making players think "Well, this is hard, but it's not even that hard when you think abou- OH GOD WTF LEGAULT'S CHAPTER?!"

Hey, remember here, I'm on a second run! I know what you're talking about! I know about 19x axereaver death squad, and the 20 member card shenanigans, and Darin shenanigans, and legault shenanigans, and the poison weapon shenanigans, and the reinforcement shenanigans, and the more reinforcement shenanigans, and even the I'm done now and don't feel the need to continue shenanigans.

Welcome back everyone, to...

THE CHAPTER 13x PRELUDE!

My image problems are continuing, and I tried reuploading these in high quality and everything! These aren't unreadable, but the higher-resolution ones are so much better! I'm to new to imgur(what I'm using), any help?

d5I5vXF.png

Seems ominous enough. Let's dive right in.

dSpFahN.png

"Boy" is now "Bro". It so works here.

lxbb4MV.png

First, Merlinus. He hasn't really received any buffs from FE7(except maybe that 20 luck...)

SDuoQQ0.png

The map seems the same, but actually, the enemy density has magnified more than a little.

q2rtbdt.png

Now for the boss. He seems pretty tough, but nothing compared to the boss of the last chapter. But then you see the reason for it...

ASx5tZ5.png

That's right, the BALLISTAE/BOLTING SWORD! It seems really deadly and bag, but then you notice...56 hit. Its not actually that hard to avoid him, especially if you put your delicate dudes in forest.

He has something else too...

RVpYa4B.png

Yay, Killer Bow! Oh wait, it actually is kinda sucky. Doesn't have anything on the steel bow but crit. Of course, I'll be trying to snag it anyways.

t7v6etw.png

And this village? Immediately in danger. At first it's all like "OH NOES HOW CAN I SAVE IT", but then you realize...you too have ballistae/bolting swords.

And since we finally have a good shot of the map, you can see that THE FOG IS GONE. Thank you, Klok! It's a pity this is the only chapter where we get such mercy the chapter is still harder than normal FE7...

sTJsjOX.png

Also, butt move here. No, Merlinus can't even take one hit. Rescuing him is now MANDATORY.

It may be a while before the main chapter comes out. Until then, I would greatly appreciate any help with the image resolution problems.

EDIT: If you click on the images, they're high-res, but not in the main post, so the images are fine, but serenes forest is displaying them wrong? Or something?

Edited by TheMoniker

SHAMELESS DOUBLE POST

BUT PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THE THREADS BEEN UPDATED.

Also, before I start, I would like everyone to know that for this update, I have updated to patch 1.2, which adds a new chapter, "changes" some palettes temporarily, and alters some XP gain (specifically, it makes Mages and thieves gain XP at ordinary slow rates, while bad armors gets fast XP).

Anyways, hello, and welcome back to...

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 4: Chapter 13x: Everyone is glowing

OwNbIJP.png

And here we go! Yeah, there's more than a few enemies here.

aKs8Adt.png

Eliwood opens by one-shotting a myrmidon. You can't really see it in the picture, but his XP gain is normal now. If it was buffed, this would have been a level...

wI6I9M8.png

Lowen crits and WHOA, YELLOW WYVERN SHENANIGANS

YES KLOK, I AM COMMENTING ON THE PALETTES. I AM COMMENTING ON THEM.

And there's nothing you can do to stop me! MWA HA HA HA!

MdqS91i.png

Okay, I guess I can forgive the palette for now.

18StqHT.png

Guy, despite his suckiness, shouldn't have too much trouble with the entire army of bandits over here. The other have slightly better stats, thanks to an iron axe, but they still do about 4-5 damage at 50% hitrates.

tOZ8Wc2.png

Guy chooses to crit this one, natura- WHOA AGAIN, what material do they MAKE that armor out of?

a5JpvBn.png

Serra has grown strong enough to one shot these bandits.

b8LnJtk.png

AND SHE ISN'T SLOWING DOWN!

nc8xaq7.png

You need to have SOMEONE kill this bandit, or no 5000 gold for you.

xP81g36.png

What

T8LJE4e.png

Okay, Hector's palette actually looks kinda cool, with all the dark blue. But the brown horribly ruins it...

blAWPcN.png

Yes, we are STILL on the first turn. There's going to be almost 60 images in this update, and this one shows Rebecca saving this poor guy from Puzon.

kPiYqcy.png

Here's our setup. Lowen and Eliwood tank the top, guy assaults the mini-island to the right, Hector tanks the advance from the left, while Serra also moves in to destroy the left.

wE5eqRi.png

And then, nomad and myrmidon trollreinforcement from the top forts! I have always hated trollreinforcements, as they essentially embody fake difficulty, but if memory servers, Klok doesn't use them very often. Here, though...well, at least they're far away. But you'll see his purpose behind this...

qiA0X87.png

And this is why puzon isn't as much of a threat as he could be. This is still the point where Klok has some tiny shreds of mercy left in him.

VRMA9gx.png

And there goes the first snag. Surprisingly, the bandits don't actually go for the village.

jJWQXqo.png

As you can see, Guy's "increased" XP gain led to...this. REAL NICE JOB, GUY.

yD9p0bu.png

I think the bandits are attacking the snags here.

FcPhbVP.png

Hector multiplies many times to pwn this archer all the more epically.

ztveIUx.png

AT LAST, our turn again and...wait...MORE reinforcements from the same fort? Yes, Klok double-dipped with the reinforcements! Luckily, the second myrmidon was blocked by the first.

sTSrhXH.png

COME ON GUY. YOU NEED RESISTANCE. DO BETTER.

QCppAtg.png

Yeah, these nomads...very dangerous. Their iron bows guarantee hard hits, and their movement on such a small map makes them hard to plan around.

cjpV3T4.png

Speed makes it BARELY passable. But with less XP gain, levels like these are a lot less forgivable.

Z0yoERE.png

Oswin the Orange takes out another problematic enemy.

RRGySQf.png

Matthew is forced by circumstance to take out this mage. Notice two things about this picture. First, the wonky palette. Second, the OVER 20 PERCENT ENEMY CRIT CHANCE. There is basically no one (but maybe Eliwood) who can withstand a fire crit, so in the earlygame mages can be VERY luck-based enemies to fight. Admittedly, if you play your cards right, you can hit them at 1 range and bypass the danger, but you can't leave any alive on enemy phase.

nUzI1sM.png

No strength. Still won't use.

oQpWfmD.png

I would just like to show you this picture of 21 Attack horsemen. JUST SO YOU KNOW.

r9ztnGY.png

Bartre's palette is also kind of weird, but not to the point that it warrants any further comment.

arMA6YG.png

Heh heh...bandits breaking the last snag...wait...WAIT...

cmGlrzw.png

NONONO BACK YOU STUPID NOMAD YOU'LL MAKE ALL THE LEVELS MOOT

vFXVN0a.png

NOOOOOO

IYTRBJW.png

I contemplate it, but ultimately decide...

HXGjpt2.png

That this is much better.

IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT JUST HAPPENED THERE.

TOO BAD FOR YOU.

PTJOj8L.png

Hector wants VENGEANCE on these nomads!

z7UYxSs.png

With the snag gone, there is good news and bad news. The good news is, Puzon is open to our kill. The bad news is, we now have to deal with the dude stream from the boss island on two fronts.

And yes. This entire update so far has encompassed two turns. Don't worry, from here, things get easier.

bwyNTRY.png

Guy is now suffering from WELL-DESERVED self esteem problems. ONLY three stats? How COULD you?

jlRuvzY.png

This is Puzon's range with the snag down. If he wanted to, he could become an advancing bolting of doom. Shockingly, the game never sees fit to move him off his little island.

Gv1j1kw.png

Hector being awesome has been screenshotted maybe too many times.

l65B1ko.png

This is ALL that's left. We're gonna win!

ivgiYqv.png

Also, the two top bandits have steel axes. Compared to what we've faced, 14 attack is NOTHING.

9Z2RG9L.png

Guy, You need to save your crits for the enemies who DON'T have exactly as much HP as you have damage!

o2WzSbi.png

Hector needs speed and res, but more of what he's good at is good too.

wJ08vtn.png

Dorcas starts making his way to the village. I should have headed for it earlier, but hey, now the way is nice and clear!

kQFLvWD.png

And then, trollreinforcements spawn all over Guy! See? This is why I don't like them. What if someone I cared about had been closer?

ebEoF0l.png

Come on guy, if you aren't going to get resistance at least get speed or defense!

ChtHGvF.png

He's in no immediate danger(the nomad already attacked) but he can't take anymore. The Guy ONLY took about 7 hits in a hack where everyone else can take 2. What a bad armor.

itPrWp7.png

All the reinforcements have come out. This is all we have left to face.

4tvt3AX.png

I'm not sure why I captured this. But now the merc is dead.

fRhI4KS.png

All according to plan.

IMu7JML.png

Hey Puzon...you're a little bit...out...of dudes...

OpSpmsj.png

Marcus, getting everything but the one stat he actually needs.

vDFWaDp.png

Money!

YqsudYO.png

Eheheheh...

zyT6PzY.png

AND LOWEN FINISHES.

KeFoEng.png

But without much to show for it!

meEVdRW.png

Hector's steel bow is very used up from all this fighting, and I don't want to leave him with just iron bows. We sort of want this after all, turns out.

QecUMJ6.png

Until next time, everyone! Hope you're enjoying the ride!

When we get into the later chapters, which take even longer, I'm not sure how long these updates will take. I can't keep everything in one part forever...

How much EXP is guy getting off kills/chips now?

Well, I think he was getting about 50 XP a kill off bandits, although he was a good deal higher level than them. It seemed top be roughly on the level of Eliwood's XP gain, maybe a bit less.

Hello everybody, and welcome to...

The CHAPTER 14 PRELUDE!

5L7sIHD.png

First, we finally have a preparation screen! And just so you guys know, Klok has removed the fortune teller.

BOvBSfS.png

First, I pick who will be entering this chapter! I could take everyone, but I don't want to, so... also, I take Oswin, even though this picture doesn't show it.

3clZyDJ.png

I do some inventory arrangement, namely loading guy up with stuff for no real reason.

N2t4bZi.png

This is always how it turns out for me when I play romhacks. I am just no good at LTC.

zggIsJN.png

Our setup! Wait a minute...what if I just move the screen a bit...to...the...

daYHSAv.png

Well what do you know.

Anyways, this chapter introduces poison weapons! Let's see them!

XMiwmAK.png

OH

Yeah, in case you can't tell, Klok has made ALL the poison weapons awesome, and you can't even get any for yourself. Unless you use a mine, I guess. That's this chapter's mine incentive!

oop7Xqz.png

We DO eventually get one of these, and Guy might just be a better wielder for it than Hector.

sTLUIes.png

FIRST STEALABLE! As you can see, it's a secret book on a knight with...

7o8uHW3.png

...0 speed? Okay.

sDaGRGq.png

Oh yeah, and he's right over here.

ikk6EYd.png

Erik has this, which has seemed to gain a bunch of weight, crit, a few uses, and little else. Man, I also feel cheated when these don't have a description...

KjTLal9.png

I'm...not entirely certain if this is different...at all... Did Klok forget it?

G6Mb2zY.png

And here's another poison weapon. The only disadvantage these have is that they're really weighty! Agh!

M0MkcRS.png

Also, we get Merlinus! Seems ordinary...LOOK CLOSER. he has 2 move now! This makes him a good bit more useful, although you still shouldn't use him for village items. You know, how DO you get items out of his inventory if he nabs them? I've never been sure.

DR5o7d9.png

Also, Erk self-deploys! At popular request I'm going to use him.

UrqJozp.png

He even brought us our first Goddess icon!

ERK'S GROWTHS:

HP: 65%

Magic: 60%(+20%)

Skill: 60%(+20%)

Speed: 50%

Defense: 20%

Resistance: 50%(+10%)

He isn't actually buffed that much, and I'm kind of worried about his tankiness...for a fighter, is 65% HP and 20% defense going to be enough? And he doesn't even have that much power to make up for it...well, we'll see how this turns out.

As for Priscilla, we can't see here until later, and I have no backlog of episodes to draw from, so I'll have to show here next time, when we do the actual chapter.

Also, we get Merlinus! Seems ordinary...LOOK CLOSER. he has 2 move now! This makes him a good bit more useful, although you still shouldn't use him for village items. You know, how DO you get items out of his inventory if he nabs them? I've never been sure.

In the inventory screen, select a character and hit 'List' (I think), scroll down to the item that Merlinus has, and trade it to someone else.

Also look at Erk's resistance growth. I think he's supposed to complement Karla.

Finally, the killer lance, of the top of my head, usually has 30 crit, so Klok hasn't forgotten it. But it is kinda lame.

5L7sIHD.png

First, we finally have a preparation screen! And just so you guys know, Klok has removed the fortune teller.

um no it's called HHM lol

in fact if anyone knows how to add the fortune command back in then just lemme know

Also look at Erk's resistance growth. I think he's supposed to complement Karla.

Yep, most units that are the same class as each other have wildly different growths so they have different functionality.

Erk just happens to be an awesome anti-magic physical weapons unit in the lategame.

Edited by Klokinator

um no it's called HHM lol

in fact if anyone knows how to add the fortune command back in then just lemme know

Yep, most units that are the same class as each other have wildly different growths so they have different functionality.

Erk just happens to be an awesome anti-magic physical weapons unit in the lategame.

Wait, HHM actually doesn't have the fortune teller? I never knew that, and it seems kinda...random. And I guess we'll see if you're right about Erk.

So, hello everyone, and welcome back to...

FE7 CHAOS MODE: Episode 5: Chapter 14: ACCURSED BANDITS

6uypqn9.png

Here we go. Top priority concerns include taking out that massive wave behind us and recruiting Erk on the first turn.

yUsGhEk.png

The soldier blocking the way to Erk mysteriously turns dead.

rofZkdi.png

Done with no problem! ...Right?

YpTKXBo.png

He gets started on the soldier(OR DOES HE), and I show off the BLUE AXE OF GLOWINESS.

aUABjIF.png

And then I realize I need to savestate because secret book dude can't actually survive a round with him. This will become a theme.

Ee1S0yD.png

While helping with the behind-strikers, Guy FAILS TO GET SPEED.

JE8EUQd.png

And this is the situation back here at the end of the turn. We can all take ONE soldier hit, at least.

LCXbMtc.png

MOVING TENT

Also, remember that Erk is VERY NEAR to two iron sword mercs, and that he has 2 defense and an inability to dodge.

QDbmpxi.png

AGGGHHHH oh wait, we're good! And the archer blocked the path to further attacks on Erk! He's sa-

BMjTlwN.png

1% crits...yay...

no5kSya.png

Welp.

OdNtyqn.png

Custom death quote, at least. I'm not sure how many characters have these.

8jOkDx4.png

As I reset, I realize that we're in this for the long haul.

EOoOy0y.png

Okay, THIS time all the dudes live. Also, the bandits have started their approach, although they aren't as effective thanks to our having steel sword(OR ARE THEY DUN DUN DUN)

MuCgFoA.png

A random myrmidon has a steel sword. It can really hurt Erk, but just about everyone else should be okay.

Egbu78K.png

The amount of enemies on this front is really stepping up, and it can be hard to safely get anyone to the village with all the 3-range weapons around. I decide to pull Serra back(BAD DECISION, PAST ME).

2SXKIru.png

He's turning into such a tank! Now if he could just snag a few res...

FoRZR0j.png

Hector uses his ULTIMATE ICE ARROW LIMIT BREAKER.

R2EQWYu.png

This scared me a bit, but Hector critted him in response.

0ZEAFuX.png

Erk actually does have pretty good offense against the lance-wielders and archers. The problem is his glass-ness...

sOeM7YF.png

Doesn't Guy have, like, 25% DEF growth? Shouldn't he be exercising his other, MUCH HIGHER growths?

Wucqezd.png

Unfortunately, Oswin is ONE. TILE. AWAY. from the other bandit, so he'll have to kill this one. And he will continue to be ONE. TILE. AWAY. From securing the safety of Priscilla's village for a little while yet.

dqG1aXE.png

These bandits...are becoming a continuously larger problem...

nJHVFPh.png

Lowen heads down here to counter any reinforcements. And to kill that fort-hugger.

szFiESw.png

Here's to hoping she caps strength.

L4BSvdY.png

Marcus got hit, so he heals.

Also, the armor in the picture I think is secret book guy! I've been dancing around him all chapter, but if he attack hector, who hopefully won't kill him, Bartre should be able to FINALLY steal the item!

rMhrqW6.png

Why would you attack HER? WHYYYY????

I give up. I'm not gonna savestate for a secret book, regardless of the talk for a buff in future patches.

OjLpA0b.png

We have a HUGE, HUGE PROBLEM. The bandit is now RIGHT ON TOP of the village(we have one more turn, actually...), and Oswin is still ONE. TILE. AWAY. From him. Barte CAN reach him, but...yeah...

AND, the top village could be destroyed THIS TURN.

Okay, looks like I need to use it.

ULTIMATE TACTICIAN'S COMBO: RESCUEDROP EXTRAORDINAIRE

kNyBlnB.png

Move!

xPRiHkZ.png

Trade!

GVUZ1Nk.png

Weaken(the top bandit)!

ExCFlui.png

...redo!

BHUE0tf.png

THERE! Next turn(assuming the r-word doesn't start by then, because the reinforcement-fail dialogue occurred this enemy phase), Serra MAY be in range to kill the bottom bandit, who has less defense than the top one and can be one-rounded!

Ldx6gmD.png

AGGGHHH

In a different run of this turn, the bandit moved BEFORE steel sword myrm(who was standing on the village tile), giving me an extra turn!

Don't worry, I WILL find a way around this!

...in part 2.

I guess this disaster was sort of my fault...should have pushed ahead earlier.

Well, hi once again, and welcome back to

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 5: CHAPTER 14: PART 2: The Retry

p2rGMLi.png

Picking up where we left off, I just now remembered that the village just has an iron blade. I decide to sacrifice it.

XeV4ovE.png

Marcus is punished for his involvement in the tactician's combo.

n8wqp9X.png

Serra has a bandit to kill, she doesn't have time for you stupid cavs! EAT OVER 120 DAMAGE!

YPMv1yK.png

NOOOO! Look closer. THERE IS RAIN. And Serra is ONE. TILE. AWAY. from that stupid bandit!

Okay. RESTART. AND DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME.

juLh7bn.png

I tread carefully with the RNG, and, since I restarted from a savestate, I can keep Guy's level the same.

aZ4yitL.png

This time, you won't intimidate me, foolish enemies!

AxVhJSK.png

Skill is nice...?

FCEi55o.png

No, we're not getting the secret book this run either.

2hUeUle.png

This doesn't stick. I got this level several times, and due to my ultimately futile attempts at RNG abuse, it was different every time.

zVQQmuz.png

Yes, Hector got critted. And then died shortly after. He's not ENTIRELY invincible, turns out.

bPU1Rgr.png

Want to know something about archers? At 1 range, they don't spin their bows when they crit. They just shoot, and then BAM, flashyness everywhere, enemy dead.

WGvGxHc.png

On a more successful run, Bartre lures up the evil bandit! YOU WON'T WIN THIS TIME!

ERzNP7G.png

Oh well...

5k318vt.png

Bottom village: SAFE.

CEwugwx.png

Here is Serra's REAL seventh level.

Gk0LL3X.png

Oh no, he's so close, what do I do?

xmqVwdq.png

Oswin hits not one, but two 37s to kill this annoying myrm, and burns one of our steel swords. Hope we don't need two next chapter...

4EuGSKc.png

Checkmate, bandits.

etQEzz4.png

Looks we do get this after all! It's new, so let's take a look!

ayecxFj.png

Uh...

InjyBzj.png

Klok, aside from the 1-2 range, there isn't even a comparison here.

586QWgF.png

It happens, but we're in a MUCH better position this time.

GeLv5oo.png

Some peg reinforcements start coming back here.

TmkCTzH.png

Oh, so you want more, huh? I'm more than happy to oblige. REVENGE FOR THE VILLAGE!

LKxeELY.png

The cav Lowen was fighting runs away to heal, and while I would have Lowen chase him, he's got a village to save!

0k9vKPE.png

And then, I do something I should have done a LONG TIME AGO.

OMvgFG2.png

DIE, POISON SWORD!

TSlhCKY.png

Guy's sword glows the weirdest shade of blue yet, and then both poison noobs are gone, and nobody even got poisoned!

JRy3Y3W.png

STILL no speed or res!

viCQ4h0.png

Erik's coming now. I'm so scared.

44cv74V.png

Erk gets his first level and...yeah...

KWXg3gC.png

On his way to the village, Lowen stops at the armory.

MXAAGzE.png

Man, and here I was hoping for steel swords. Oh well. I grab one of everything for the road.

ad1XW3F.png

Uh...wait...did the rain just stop?

Let me explain something here. The rain timing is actually really clever, although I'm not sure if Klok intended it that way. Look how close we are to the cavs. It was okay to be close, because in rain they only have 2 MOV. But now, they have 7 MOV. And so we have one turn to scramble back desperately. Nice.

bK0p77F.png

However, one good thing does come of it...

gFop9fj.png

Priscilla! Pretty good stats for a level 3 unit...

LYoXcbV.png

As pointed out previously, this is misleading. I'll discuss her more later in the growths section. But for now, Klok has apprently decided we get two horseslayers this chapter.

iX5J6mE.png

New mission: Guy kills everyone. That's Erik's range. He'll be the only survivor, since Guy's using the armorslayer, which has 2-3 range against Erik's 1.

5s7ERGN.png

Another clever thing with the rain, there's been some peg buildup back here. And now they can drive forward against my army's rear.

oSck1ji.png

Eliwood kills the cav behind us.

9xuvmUj.png

I thought Erik would only do 2 damage to Guy. Turns out it was actually 6. Such a bad armor.

olBmEst.png

These pegs aren't really that threatening.

IEC8CeC.png

hGqpaoi.png

Just look at this...this GUY! Isn't hit res growth three times his defense growth?

F6XCJHc.png

Priscilla gets his(her?) first crit kill, and I show off her pallete and FE7s lack of a female cav sprite(hey, FE8 had one!).

O2Kn2A2.png

Also, look at the shop. Fire tomes are not a good investment, and I ultimately don't buy anything.

pRKtAww.png

Guy weakens...

Kdr3Cev.png

And Erk finishes!

whtCkWP.png

I guess it's okay...

A6kdHKV.png

I'm forced to let Barte have a kill. He's a shell of a unit now that the nerfs have hit...

KgNSyHq.png

This one generic cav is the only enemy who doesn't charge you. So, support time!

XUu5UAK.png

Yay! Also, I try to get Erk and Serra to support.

CQ8Ur6a.png

It...

lYDQxBp.png

Doesn't work out. FE7 supports take TOO DARN LONG.

cle6L1L.png

Guy gets the honor of the last kill. Finally, speed and res!

vhMPtiL.png

Until next time!

Also, I'll discuss the update during the next prelude!

PRISCILLA'S GROWTHS:

HP: 80%(+35%)

Strength: 60%(+20%)

Skill: 50%

Speed: 50%(+10%)

Defense: 50%(+35)

Resistance: 50%

Yeah, it does seem like she'd be better than Dorcas. Also, the description really is misleading. Other than that, Priscilla can turn out as basically anything, although she's guaranteed good HP and modest strength. Magic tank physical wielder? Slow knight-cavalier? You never know until the starts leveling.

This chapter was the first to-in total-exceed 100 images, for the prelude and both parts. Yeesh.

Well with Angelic Robes now giving ?10? HP instead of 7, it's easier to fix priscilla in comparison to Dorcas. That base HP lead is really crucial IMO, since in the beginning, everything with 2 or 2~3 range hits you like a truck and you simply don't have the durability nor the dodge to last. Dorcas can take an extra hit or two compared to Priscilla, which just makes him that much more useful in the Early-Mid. Lategame, Priscilla has the good chance to hold her own, but just getting her there is the harder part because of her pitiful (yet completely expected) HP. Although, I don't think Priscilla's base HP should be modified though, because she still functions well enough for a careful player in the early game, and is easily fixed with one Robe if anything at all.

It's the same reason why Bartre was so powerful in the original version (and is still pretty good). He has the HP to take an extra hit here and there, where the rest of your team normally couldn't. Sure swords are essentially the bows of the game (until Lancereavers exist), but he's still got the utility to strike hard as a thief, and his ramcapped HP and Def allow him to take the stray hits early on that other units just couldn't handle.

1 angelic robe vs 10 talismans :P Considering the number of units with terrible res, using talismans on dorcas would be such a huge waste.

Its teh same problem as rebecca, my rebecca was good, until that bunch of generic bishops one rounded her, then i dropped her and used lyn instead. My talismans goes to key characters like hector or Wil.

Edited by littlebunny

Wait, are you using the newest patch? A ton of characters seem to have shitty ugly palettes, like guy and Lowen. I know I gave Lowen a new palette too. Guy, I'm not so sure.

Edit: I'm PRETTY sure I gave Erk a new palette as well! Wtf!

Edited by Klokinator