TheMoniker

Priscilla or Wil wants the stimulant :3

Ninian or Guy or Wil wants the boots.

Eliwood/Isadora is also a strong stimulant candidate.

Edit: Giving the Stimulant and boots to Rath is an acceptable option too :D

Huh, okay. Guess I shouldn't sweat about showing them off too much then. if you're wondering about me LPing FE8CM, I haven't entirely decided yet. I will definitely take a break between LPs if I do, although judging by the number of patches that seem to have been triggered by this LP, I don't know if I'll ever be able to avoid constantly repatching.

Although, I do hope you at least add the newer T3s.

No, I'm definitely not adding those. Those will be in FE8CM.

I'd actually like to redo FE7CM simply because of the range patch. A second version could be pretty fun '3' "FE7 Chaotic Chaos Mode", anyone?

Edited by Klokinator

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to expand the class table, and frankly that's a lot of work. I'd also have to make every NM module of relevance edited to work, so... that'd be a pain. It's no that I can't, it's just a lot of tedious work for a game that's relatively well balanced atm. I can see the appeal for a horseman run but if I were gonna do it, it wouldn't be until december.

I'd actually like to redo FE7CM simply because of the range patch. A second version could be pretty fun '3' "FE7 Chaotic Chaos Mode", anyone?

Chaotic Chaos Mode? I approve of this. (you could make it with FEXNA, and randomize everything again adding all the stuff from FEXNA so you can make all our gathered knowledge useless)

ah moniker how could you have let the middle get that bad? in any case will enjoy your struggle with just guy and wil.

I think isadora's main problem seems to be she always comes too late and is always a class you really are not desperate for. fe7 she was like the 5th paladin and in chaos, 3rd magic user who is not forced like eliwood is. If you didn't pick him you had the awesome raven. she never really gets a chance to shine no matter how good she is.

Imgur asked me to type a CAPTCHA today. Am I uploading too many images?

Priscilla or Wil wants the stimulant :3

Ninian or Guy or Wil wants the boots.

Eliwood/Isadora is also a strong stimulant candidate.

Edit: Giving the Stimulant and boots to Rath is an acceptable option too :D

No, I'm definitely not adding those. Those will be in FE8CM.

No new T3s? Okay. Pity, I was looking forward to murdering stuff with god-lowen and god-priscilla. Oh well, I'll murder with T3s in FE8 Chaos Mode.

ah moniker how could you have let the middle get that bad? in any case will enjoy your struggle with just guy and wil.

I think isadora's main problem seems to be she always comes too late and is always a class you really are not desperate for. fe7 she was like the 5th paladin and in chaos, 3rd magic user who is not forced like eliwood is. If you didn't pick him you had the awesome raven. she never really gets a chance to shine no matter how good she is.

I think you've pretty much pinned down the problem. Really, this game just throws SO MANY good units at you that its hard to make any choices. Look at me, my team is already WAY too full(having way more used units than the deployment slots is why I haven't been able to promote everyone yet!), and there's STILL tons of new characters coming up.

Hello everyone, and welcome back to...

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 15: CHAPTER 22: Part 2: Trapped in the Fort of RNG Screwage

Quick reminder of what we were doing! I had just begun enemy phase, with all my units spread around the fort, after having missed the body ring and killed the thief, and recruited Heath, and now Guy and Wil are going to desperately try and tank "the massive middle"!

GO!

dCF5KB5.png

We begin with a few steel sword knights stupidly attacking Leila, but they do force her to waste some of her Luna tome.

ZchQs80.png

After they fail to hurt Leila, they attack Heath instead. AND THEY HIT HIM. This is merely forshadowing...

jfm9Sbs.png

A few guys slip past my defense line and get at the Heath bar, but he does a pretty good job of holding out.

Oh...I just nicknamed him...does this mean attachment? I wasn't planning him as a permanent member...

4re0tHl.png

Down on the middle front, I've done my absolute best to kill off the most threatening magic users(since both Guy and Wil have res problems), but these aura monks still manage to hit and be very annoying in general.

jji3yAJ.png

They all attack Wil, and I'm worried about his survival, but he's a cut-it-close-without-being-really-threatened kinda guy.

Did you know that BASICALLY ALL of the many fighters you've seen this chapter have 3-range swordreavers? It's true. The exception is the hammer guy.

5qifEbC.png

RATH'S UNIT HAS REACHED THE FIGHT. YOUR SHIT IS WRECKED.

H6FfwMM.png

Wow, we lived first try! Here's how we're looking. Yup, there's still a few enemies. Also, you see that fighter and wyvern on the steps of the base? They just sort of APPEARED there. They didn't run from the edge of the map, they just appeared into existence at the starting point of our fort. These aren't the first questionable reinforcements this chapter, but when they don't come from the edge of the map or somewhere reasonable they remind me of my time playing corrupt theocracy. And I don't want to go back to therapy.

x5inhBP.png

The Extra! is not RIGHT NEXT to us. Did you know that, despite basically reaching the entire map, she hasn't actually healed any enemies?

nxyID8v.png

Eliwood and Florina start venturing down here.

7LhlAvz.png

THIS is why we couldn't let the thief live. If I haven't said this already, 10000 gold > a body ring.

Z9vxOxX.png

Hector kills something, and gets a bad level.

MkZHq3M.png

Wil does a LOT of jumping. It's what halberdiers do. He's like superman, seriously.

pffor7L.png

I decide to let Priscilla help out in the middle too. She is actually pretty tank now, after all.

sNvClKL.png

Guy gets the stat he missed last level. Of course, levels aren't meant to be fractions...

JEmxQ0D.png

Rath gets his first kill. That palette is absolutely amazing.

k24Meqj.png

After IMMENSE efforts, from everyone, it appears I've finally cut the middle down to size. And remember how I said earlier how the right path was a safe way to get to the boss quickly? I was wrong.

oVhZFxZ.png

I use my newfound money to buy a physic.

HBbgG5R.png

Rath's unit is so great. He tanks out my luna hits for me. WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK OF A GREENIE?

DPkIu8m.png

This guy could have put Hector in serious danger if it weren't for his one-shotting capabilities. Stupid doubling.

flc2zmg.png

I perhaps haven't been quite careful enough with Heath bar.

n7pNoQm.png

Rath's unit takes out another weakened enemy for me. Thanks, buddy!

539nmUm.pngZRrta92.png

No reinforcements come, and suddenly the map is astonishingly empty!

XH3QXWA.png

You know all the wyverns we've been fighting? All brave lances. I don't think we've actually seen the stats of the brave lance.

iLzKnVB.png

WHAT? ERK? SERIOUSLY?

A8SuuJY.pngXSMTMaP.pngfgw6Uyg.png

Bye, Extra ladyman! Thank you for granting Hector some of your res!

X1OGFgt.png

Guy and Wil, for their next act...pull back. I NEED to let my other army pull some weight here!

a66D7YY.png

Heath gets his first level, and temporarily loses his nickname.

ldT8Yzn.png

STEEL SWORD TRADING! It's necessary.

scXqDp7.png

Or not.

tXBogbb.png

Some steel sword armors are still there. They give me some minor heart attacks.

dKKJknN.png

MAJOR HEART ATTACK. DANGIT.

pMzrW7o.pngrvV96ta.png

Hardcore RNG ABUSE? How could you even ACCUSE me of such a thing?

Qc6VNwW.png

Midway through I realized I could have just done this. Dangit.

VtbMq9p.png

Now Hector takes the blow instead. He's doubled.

qE0o1cL.png

The Ostia mooks are still doing their best to help out. They've mostly lost steam due to a lack of immediately nearby enemies, but Rath's mook is still charging.

mh2UHzj.png

7th turn! This nomad ALSO appears out of nowhere.

upKNd10.png

WHAT THE HECK? SERIOUSLY?

Sv9kQIg.png

This is a TERRIBLE idea, but I just HAVE to try it!

dOkjPCP.pngwopfbVS.png

She actually crits the second hit, yet both land succesfully! Huh.

x7XK8Mk.png6W6FLqT.png

Leila is out of healing staff range right now. Luckily, she only needs THE BLOOD OF HER ENEMIES to live.

HGH5eTz.png

Dang, I was SO looking forward to killing that guy! Stupid stealable-armed luna mooks...

YLGItnl.png

Florina, you are forgiven for missing earlier.

2Y1jW1I.png

Wil changes his mind and starts heading this way. The others may need his help yet...

tzM2tmH.png

WAIT WHAT

You see those 4 enemies?

NONE of them were there before this turn started.

If these were trollreinforcements, I would be resetting right now. As it is...

RMT7imZ.png

I have to provide steel sword support to open the way for Florina, as she's at 1 HP. Eliwood can take it.

nWHAzld.png

YES! Finally, you can DIE!

XhQCdDh.pngmwVRzBc.png

AGGHHH!

uSWgNgn.png

Wil assists with the axereaver, as there's no one else in position to finish those enemies.

8mviTgd.png

It MIGHT be a bad idea to tank out this wave with Leila. BUT IT MIGHT NOT. And that's what I'm banking on.

wdlwBtm.png2skeinR.png

WHAT

1: Why did he use his steel sword?

2: He hit...with a 13...and she couldn't even dodge a 33...

3: I WANTED TO PUT FANART OF SALEH CRYING BUT I COULDN'T FIND ANY

7txGh4T.png

RNG abuse? You know what? GUILTY AS CHARGED. BUT I CONSIDER MYSELF COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED.

IrypnQ7.png

And I STILL can't be saved from failure to dodge hilariously low chances! Yes, that 15 hit. At least she lived this time.

JikBOFO.png

EVEN MORE BS dudes over here.

sKhm2vI.png

Erk caps strength! Woo!

At this point, without really thinking, I decide to send Leila down towards the boss and out of her forest, without really thinking.

lQJ7f9l.pngEQOHLP7.png

And then the RNG gods elect to grant me the smallest of favors as a reward for my suffering. Leila pulls not one but TWO graceful dodges. Doesn't really make up for it, but okay.

Also, realize something: The boss started by using the weaker steel sword, then switched to the powerful axereaver. Which means that he, intentionally or no, did a successful fakeout. Sometimes, the AI being accidentally SMART is even weirder than when its stupid.

igtdN4b.png

Okay, we're almost done. Some generals have had a surprising amount of movement, as you can see. Rath's unit is still with us, and one general made it all the way down to the treasure room, while another moved from the left side to the right.

bo9Djdk.png

Leila retreats, but she isn't out of axereaver range! What do I do?

K9y38cS.png

Guy scoops up this poor lady. She'll be well taken care of.

bmT0FNO.png

Wil is on standby as the emergency axereaver airstrike option.

puGiVtC.png

Rath's unit takes the hit this turn. Such a bro. He doesn't even die.

yFrBDHd.pngTN58VnM.png

At last, AT LAST, Serra weakens...

35yDPiC.png

Lyn chips...

Ki4fWz5.png6aymqbT.png

And priscilla kills. SO can't wait to promote her.

5w4IhLr.png

BOOTS GET!

yDSeDdl.png

The last soldier realizes it was probably a bad idea to run onto the completely routed field, but also realizes that as the only remaining solder in the entire company, he's the commander now!

ndrKvmk.png

UNDER. STATE. MENT.

SMFqFEO.png

She's still around, you know!

tqjAY8Q.png

Can't speak for Ninian, but...NO. I'm done dealing with this insa-

QqoGppF.png''

S-SECRETS?! WAIT! COME BACK! I WAS JUST KIDDING!

Since I forgot last time, here:

RATH'S GROWTHS:

HP: 90%(+10%)

Strength: 60%(+10%)

Skill: 40%

Speed: 45%(-5%)

Defense: 70%(+60%)

Resistance: 10%(-15%)

He looks really good, if quite underspecialized in res. Thanks to the low level he comes at, he is definitely a good candidate for the stimulant. Without it, though, he'll very quickly max HP, and probably will max defense, and he'll need some screwage to not max strength. His speed and skill are very average, but he'll be faste than FE7 Hector. His main weakness is res, and whil wolf beil's +5 will help cover for it, he'll still want a few talismans.

THOUGHTS:

1: Guy has gotten WAAAYYY too many levels. Is this going to happen EVERY time I bring him onto the field? I'll need to bench him for a while...again. Seriously, he's at more than acceptable strength for an endgame normal FE7 unit.

2: I'll keep Rath on the sidelines until I know for sure whether or not he's going to get the stimulant.

3: Totally fun chapter, seriously.

The CHAPTER 23 PRELUDE!

ELj8X6g.png

The description lies! The bandit population is doing just fine!

Xw9YWtn.png

This pretty much sums up the chapter, for once!

ZBo0nfz.png

So cute. Well, not really. Don't keep him on your back going into battle, Hector!

uEeBTMf.png

FORESHADOWING OH MAN

lOR06IU.png

This scene is great:

Lord Athos: Bandits are attacking Pent!

Loise: Oh okay. You wanna have dinner early then?

yNS6OYf.png

A few enemies seem to have the area held down. BTW, the positions of Lyn and the bosses won't be sticking.

cc4cdRs.png

Here's our team for this chapter. I've accounted for the sand. Notice the lack of horsemen and Guy. Leila, Eliwood, and Lowen will hopefully get their chance to shine and promote this chapter. Well, I'm not promoting Eliwood. Not QUITE yet.

2EHhhdh.png

Our starting position is down here now. Yes, we START mired in the sand.

DROPPABLES!

XGLLTAR.pngB1exE1g.png

Not too many! Okay, STEALABLES!

4tkTLOb.png

Not too m-WAIT WHAT

iVRDtew.pngX8jjVfx.png

Why yes, this IS going to happen! And there's more than one! They're not THAT notable, thanks to the prevalence of siege tomes, but still...And of course, unless you mine glitch, you will NOT get these for yourself. Not that they'd be that useful, with their low uses and insane weight.

...Hang on, FIFTEEN RANGE? WTH? NOONE IS SAFE!

C8wGS7X.pngkLFy43m.png

D0dhC9t.pngcUPWmrg.png

Here's our bosses. They too have stealables(AND a support with each other), but they're separated, so they aren't THAT hard to handle.

lqg7LPI.png

There's also a luna+stealable mook. Here's the thing though, this is actually a GOOD thing! The plan is simple. We let her luna run out, then we just let her sit there, while meanwhile getting ALL the loot and dnace grinding until we get MORE than enough XP for 23x! Dancing xp does count, right?

G4mRfRf.png

The map is actually sort of empty, but we're slowed and there's reinforcements, so...

OkFauyv.pngDEgXq3k.png

I sell some low-use items to clear space, and discover these light tomes have absolutely INSANE sell prices, plus we STILL have very few people who can use them...

I hold on to them, because I think Leila gets light when she promotes. Still, if I ever need cash, I know where to go!

SZjPuVw.png

I hope you enjoyed the good view of the screen and enemies, because it DOESN'T LAST FOR LONG! No, this fog actually wasn't added by Klok. Getting screenies is still gonna be hard, though!

Hm3L36Z.pngKO6T5Me.png

PENT. He's still amazing, and more than good enough to destroy these fools. We need Lowen picking him up ASAP. I will wait to study him closer until we actually can get him.

Before we look at his growths, we'll be needing to refer to this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8878i9gzAmo2XXI53VL2dMcIeWJeJZs13ZwXN_f3uA/edit#gid=73330773

I think that's the desert items spreadsheet. The locations are the EXACT same as FE7(the items, however, are not), save for two: The body ring location is empty, and there's something called an "ultimate seal" in the corner. What could that even be? I guess we'll find out!

Although assassins CAN steal in chaos mode(if you haven't figured that out already), they can't insta-find the desert stuff like thieves can. I could include Barte, but I don't think I will. I'll just use "the shaman plan", and spam that wait button until I get it.

I'll show off Hawkeye's growths during the actual chapter. Don't want to spoil his class!

I did you a favor and voted for lucius for the stimulant. you're welcome.

So THAT'S why people have been voting for the "I forgot this guy" option...I kinda thought it was for Ninian.

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 16: CHAPTER 23: Part 1: Sandy Slaughter

qasDftZ.png

So, we're in a VERY SANDY desert, and we start in the bottom rather than in the oasis.

UFnBCwp.png

Heath sheds some light on the situation. Really, I'm surprised a torch staff works in the sand. I mean, its not like our non-seeing is caused by DARKNESS.

QeghJwv.pngnR8hWz3.png

Lowen moves closer to where Pent is.

REQvFAB.png

Setup for the first turn. We SLOOWWWLY advance.

vMx9aD4.png

These guys just can't compete with Eliman.

ueQytBL.png

Oh no, Ninian is attacked! Whatever shall I do?

gRzT7kS.png

Luna guy gets Leila...

a5yY3Ra.pngBQUG4GT.png

And then these guys also take a try! I silently thank both the emblem seal and sand's +5 avo...

jLCOw45.pngFIxRZqc.png

Here's the ballistician sprites. Saving Pent is actually kinda luck-based, as the sniper can bring him down to 1 HP right off the bat if he gets really unlucky, and all it takes from there is one 25 to hit...

Not sure about the archer's yellow ballista. Is the palette weapon specific? I doubt that's the case, but I'm surprised its yellow.

jg5HjEU.png

Uh oh. I can't get Pent out of there with that many enemies around!

SJtHKHr.png

Pent spends his turn killing the flux mook, instead of doing something HELPFUL like killing the wyverns.

3rRqD3k.png

Oh hey! Hawkman is here!

aSBOwp4.pnggCrZRLB.png2rT0cSZ.png

Hmmm... I have canas there for comparison. Canas is a level higher, but is better in every way but def, HP, and skill. Yeah, I think I'll stick with the lightning bruiser assassin rather than the skillful tank. I'll talk more about him later, but it turns out he doesn't come with a lockpick set like I thought. Oh well.

uET7JLp.png

This is hilarious.

uZnnbxk.png

I put the new guy right to work! He'll be helpful this chapter, at least, because of his stealing capabilities.

as3M9sp.png

Wil weakens Paul...

ii8RTrn.png

And Leila finishes! The lady's gotten some surprisingly good levels considering her growths.

KSmbr3u.png

These wyverns are a huge problem, especially to Leila.

E2H2dFY.png5yGHW7M.png

Lyn is the only one who DOESN'T insta-murder when she crits. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE.

Ql80EEB.png

Turn 2 setup. Thanks to our assassins and torch, the fog is barely affecting us! Let's hope everyone lives...

IUtD8Rc.png

Dangit, Pent!

t8nLt2Z.pnga8xOnO2.png

Leila again almost dies. I need to give her a robe/shield, or she'll spend every level on the verge of death.

1MbCXVY.pngAyFKOJD.png

Hawkeye and the monk have a productive fight.

HQUjljL.png

This guy could get one-shotted any time now. And there is VERY LITTLE I can do about it.

fhNqfto.png

Don't know what you were thinking, buddy.

jUchGOO.png

Oh.

tw4MqKd.png

Pent goes back a ways. Good choice, buddy!

dFIkv4D.png

The top part of the desert is still obscured, but we now have very few enemies on our backs. The chapter is mostly over now.

handcfc.png

BURN MAGE BURN

0GHPNcn.png

So THAT'S where the wyverns have been coming from!

BxgmySy.png

Jasmine doesn't seem too interested in moving.

NcmLFw6.png

Wil has a lot of interesting crit frames.

CepfDsr.png

And here's our third-turn setup. We're doing just fine.

xNAKb4a.png

This mage is the reason Leila's always about to die! Good job, Leila!

5uvgedb.png

...nevermind.

WJkgD81.png

Lowen decides that he will dodge the lightning bolt BY GETTING CLOSER TO IT. AND IT WORKS.

3WYAYa4.pngPLrZ4r0.png

He's actually held out really well against this thing.

5wDNzoH.png

Okay, it's clear-er. Let's get him out of there!

cnbTtNB.pngY6iljHu.png

...Why did I use the physic.

kqEy2JF.png

Canas is still killing everyone! As long as he caps speed, and maybe gets some more def/HP, I'll be happy.

...But really Canas. I don't want to have to skill book an assassin.

f2M969J.png

There are two cavs up top who have steel swords. At this point, they simply don't cut it. They're too weak and inaccurate to kill ANYTHING.

S3Deim7.png

Hey, Leila DOES beat something!

5zKgs4M.png

Let's drop him in this corner. I hope he'll just sit still.

Nc4zMx7.png

Wil will tank out this boss.

Xk43eCN.png

Good job.

u3hXRKn.png

Leila can still one-shot the wyverns, and she is VERY SLOWLY eking out the last bits of XP...

3FYPkjF.pngF6kUkvQ.png

Well, the ballistas are out. And the sniper didn't hit once.

p6FyYoS.png

This guy attacked Lyn at full health. Lyn was MAD at his attempt to take advanatage of the weapon triangle, however...

JicvAOc.png

Pent moves...but not to the full extent of his range? What? I think the green AI is confused thanks to the sand...

Okay, I'm gonna cut it here. Expect the second part very soon.

In the meantime, let's ponder Hawkeye!

HAWKEYE'S GROWTHS:

HP: 65%(+15%)

Strength: 30%(-10%)

Skill: 60%(+30%)

Speed: 60%(+35%)

Defense: 20%

Resistance: 35%

If your Canas is bad, Klok could have given you way worse as a backup assassin. If not, he could make a second assassin if your team has room, and he'll typically be pretty good in his own right. His defenses and strength are low, but his bases will ensure they'll never be TRULY terrible. All in all, he's a prepromote, but a good one. Not switching him out for Canas, though.

This chapter is almost WEIRDLY easy. The mooks in 20 were all level 13-14, while the ones here were level 9! This entire chapter, I had no deaths, and very little need for savestate/RNG abuse. If the player doesn't feel that 21 was a good breather level, then this level is "the breather level", definitely.

HAWKEYE'S GROWTHS:

HP: 65%(+15%)

Strength: 30%(-10%)

Skill: 60%(+30%)

Speed: 60%(+35%)

Defense: 20%

Resistance: 35%

If your Canas is bad, Klok could have given you way worse as a backup assassin. If not, he could make a second assassin if your team has room, and he'll typically be pretty good in his own right. His defenses and strength are low, but his bases will ensure they'll never be TRULY terrible. All in all, he's a prepromote, but a good one. Not switching him out for Canas, though.

All hail Klok, the giver of light and fairness, and then he taketh away with bullshit.

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 16: CHAPTER 23: PART 2: Sandy Search

5VTKIjd.png

When we left off, I had just tanked out the second boss with Wil, and was gonna kill him with Serra, but then I remembered...and my thieves aren't QUITE in range...

xybPgoV.pngeurNYUw.png

OR ARE THEY DUN DUN DUUUNNN

xEDxnJL.png

Wil heals, because the mages actually hurt.

tDWc13f.png

He's all lined up for the kill...oh man...

amWqegV.png

Pent is moving up here now? But there's no one up there...I have Merlinus chasing after him, so hopefully I can pick him up again.

rDkoVwj.pngznf5vWH.png

You know, having two thieves is actually kinda useful. That's all the stealables!

sEy9o1b.png

So close...if she can get ONE MORE enemy...

FCUc6FW.png2J2M7W7.png

Serra finishes the boss...which means that IT IS TIME.

cnFyqs1.png

Dininina dininina DINININA...

e0MBG1O.png

DUMMMM!

gRwV9oz.pngFxr3e4Z.png0hzkBmQ.png

It's beautiful...my only complaint is the +1 CON...she won't be free of her katti burden yet...

Also, all lord not-lords get S in all their weapons upon promotion. So now she can use ALL the bows. Except the legendaries, but we're getting WAY ahead of ourselves!

O0YDmHu.pngfiRO19V.pngqQcvsny.png

You have no idea what you just did, my shaman. The blood to come EXCITES Leila...

9vX5MYG.png

So worth having this on my person.

uhUHc9X.pngKhdGYru.pngxQLo3NH.pngwu7E4QJ.pngMkrwR1K.png

Many people have compared her to a vampire, AND THEY'RE RIGHT. She gains some REAL HP and DEF, as well as speed, and we FINALLY have someone who can use light magic! Not only that, but also STAVES! Which means we'll NEVER HAVE TO TAKE A STAFFBOT AGAIN! Bye, Heath!

You know, I think I may have been a bit too quick to dismiss the lady as bad...she's doing pretty well for herself!

gRkirzs.pngakQX7gW.png

Some stuff happens.

MOqRtsA.png

Eliwood ALSO gets the "tanky 20th" ...but I'm not promoting him QUITE yet.

Aenl6IE.png

Well, that's one of the shaman reinforcement points. These are the last enemies in the chapter, btw.

HG7O26C.png

Leila heals for the first time, and its great.

IirLJwX.pnglZ2LmAi.png

Weaken...

cXMfXWz.png

And Lowen...

dFWGUEZ.pngf84PNth.png

FINISHES!

Man, he's still pretty low level...he DESERVES promotion, for how useful he's been throughout the earlier chapters!

Also, the shaman is out of luna now...so...

NOW FOR...

THE DESERT LOOT!

ASrf301.pngOAiI4J8.png

FENRIR! You know Klok, you'd be surprised how useless good stats are when you're getting tanked straight to 0. Oh well.

iwyojyx.png

SILENCE!

0BjIVuX.png

EARTH SEAL!

ItU4bHk.png

FIMBULVETR! THE INFINI-TOME!

B1ggIIW.png

TURN 30 PROGRESS REPORT: I have all treasures but two, and one is something we ABSOLUTELY CAN'T MISS.

xjXj7vz.png

Not that one...

gwlZH3m.png

My absolute best searchers are on the case. We will get it...soon.

e9nOgxY.png

THERE it is. What is it, you ask?

Well, I'm NOT telling. For those of you who DON'T already know, there's a reason for you to keep up with this LP!

Or Klok could just spoil it with a post, I guess. Maybe I'll show its description...next chapter.

Also, Merlinus was the one who got it, thanks to his high luck. Here's to hoping I can get it out of his inventory!

edJXd1l.png

SUPPORTS. They aren't free of the text edits.

fyz9IzK.png6EKtB3l.pnghxtNtyG.pngUQ7CuRq.pngUsN4tWH.png6CjxNdQ.png

She did pretty well for herself, but she's missed both speed and luck once now. If she misses either one again, she will NEVER reach ULTIMATE DANCER POTENTIAL.

BPbcqSe.png

Annnnd we're out.

Ecn82uI.png

NOT SURE if this is edited dialogue. It COULD BE.

w72rcjW.png

We did it...

E6kOa2c.png

LIIIEEESSS!

So good. I got ALL the items, unless there's some special undocumented ones.

Ecn82uI.png

NOT SURE if this is edited dialogue. It COULD BE.

Hahaha, good one, Pent. Fimbulvetr says hi.

Well, I'm NOT telling. For those of you who DON'T already know, there's a reason for you to keep up with this LP!

Or Klok could just spoil it with a post, I guess. Maybe I'll show its description...next chapter.

Also, Merlinus was the one who got it, thanks to his high luck. Here's to hoping I can get it out of his inventory!

Use the "List" command in the convoy.

I have no idea why you're trying to hide what the Ultimate Seal is lol

Edited by Klokinator

especially when I am about show what it does on my LP right now.

I'm pandering to future readers who could use this as a strategy guide

The CHAPTER 23x PRELUDE!

w34Ny6s.png

Well, let's see how long this lasts.

5rR9r7o.png

Kishuna gets all dark and broody down here.

3qK1PFb.png

The feeling...this disturbance...a bunch of enemies are about to get owned...

wv3FO7m.png

Are you SURE, Hector?

di62yBF.png

Only a pitiful 8 units. I've taken a VERY weak team, which consists of all our remaining unpromoted units save for Rath and Eliwood(who is level 20 anyway). My goal? PROMOTE EVERYONE. Leila is brought along to heal, and forced Hawkeye means I don't have to take Canas.

0WGSjZI.png

Nils offers readings now! It's kinda helpful, as I can now set up support triangles throughout the whole army!

bgp1z6L.png

Poor Florina...this is the only bow I can spare for her. Powerful, but she is losing almost all her speed!

PtbL21E.png

Got it!

zjoGzyw.png

JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T THINK IT WAS IMPORTANT(no, I didn't actually sell it).

FmMUkWU.png

I'm running out of convoy space, so I have to start filling the inventories of the benched dudes with junk.

OqVH7ct.png

Here's our setup. Let's hope it works out(it doesn't).

v5hrkJP.png

Almost all the enemies(everyone but the squad surrounding Kishuna and some reinforcements) are powerful magic user prepromotes. TONS of XP is up for grabs, which is why I brought the umpromoted squad.

bf8DIkP.png

Here's Kishuna. He hasn't improved much, and really, with our increased chaos mode power he would be easy to beat...if it wasn't for his gimmick...

qP1ETf7.png

Klok, if nothing is altered, WHY IS THERE A DRAGOON?

NXm8bxm.png

There's also a new weapon on the physical squad. Now light brand > runesword.

58oSGP9.png3aWu8S2.png

There's some special staves around, one of which is our very own infinite rescue! The only problem is, it required S-rank...if you're willing to grind it, you can get 20/20 once you reach S staves. Also, in addition to the sleep there's a berserk too.

xvpqXAg.png

It doesn't APPEAR that there are many enemies, but the ones that are there are extra-lethal. I THOUGHT this chapter would be easy. Turns out it had lured me into a false sense of security.

jR5N68w.png

We do actually need to move fast. I'll explain later.

3VeK8k7.png

Oh no, a wall appears! Now we're cut off. I hope I chose my groups right...(I didn't)

I'll close the voting and replace it after this chapter.

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 17: CHAPTER 23x: Part 0: The Scrapped Run

QeTFvz2.png4I08XmN.png

Lyn starts by killing this sage. Ugh, I hope she'll turn that strength and def around...

Wq8IusG.png

Totally good use for a brave bow!

wC5BiLO.png

The dodging animation for enemy shamans is...glitchy.

LTL6WqY.pngpl2hsCZ.png

Priscilla finishes. And I must say...YES.

9jvpsA2.png

We have to kill as many magic users as possible before Kishuna goes away at Player phase 5, and all the luna/staff mooks are allowed to roam free.

ubT9isI.png

And they HURT. Luna mooks are undoubtedly the biggest challenge of the chapter, due to insane mag.

bj2DDut.pngmqTjegk.png

STRENGTH!

AnQMy4V.png

Lyn. LYN.

rypKAjb.png

Oh man...this is gonna be GREAT...

LMFrY6p.pnghjZ0czI.pngwR0Yg9E.pngEBr7Im2.png

Those stats...so good...she'll be like Guy V2...also, Klok failed to fix the paladin weapon things. Her sword rank was E before, and it shot straight to S. Oh well, I was kinda hoping she would get more swords because steel swords.

Now, let's heal her...

Es0ZDho.png

Wait, uh...she's in the magic field, but...

qQe1eSc.png

FACE

PALM

57uiFjA.png

This luna mook will kill Priscilla this phase, paladin powers or no! And Leila is totally outmatched by this shaman! Dangit!

8dHy0Zr.pngXSH7VYI.pngw1sclTl.png33f4Qs2.png

DOES IT EVEN MATTER

InI4wWx.png

With the power of savestates, I move Priscilla, and Florina manages to not get doubled, due to her maxed speed and the brave bow weighing LESS than the short bow.

ukdDtY2.png

Annnnndd then this happens. And Leila is in the other group. AND SHE ISN'T EVEN CARRYING THE RESTORE.

6HRuKcK.pngUNmnh03.png

Defense. Yaaayyy...

4ZoBevV.png

And then I miscalculate.

sGYIXtB.png

Yeah, restarting. I prepared wrong.

Foregone conclusion update!

EDIT: Dangit Serenesforest, when you're gonna give me an error...GAAAH! At least it was a short update, but I still wasted 10 minutes retyping that!

Edited by TheMoniker

EDIT: Dangit Serenesforest, when you're gonna give me an error...GAAAH! At least it was a short update, but I still wasted 10 minutes retyping that!

You can type your update in notepad first, or the half-measure is to copy your update to the clipboard before you hit post.

FE7 CHAOS MODE: EPISODE 17: CHAPTER 23x: Part 1: Soured Promotion Tries

yXkFiHw.pngs1IxUb5.png

This time, things will go DIFFERENT.

he2Iwuj.png

Lyn starts us off the same way. Her level got worse...the only way it could...why...

Cw79aU7.png

Erk misses not one, but TWO 84s(forgot to turn on the battle animations)

2LjLDdG.png

Priscilla's level is EVEN BETTER. If she wants to make up for Lyn's weakness, I'm okay with it.

tWTsUiv.png

TINK.

aYqLHpf.png

Erk at the very least does the occasional good thing to make up for his suckiness. UNLIKE LYN.

06BLM0A.png

Promote again!

kT7w6FN.png

Strength again!

srg8rGV.png

This level is now classified as a "better than Lyn's".

g7xdD4g.png

JShf7YQ.pngt80h36M.png

Necessity forces me to let Hawkeye have a kill. This hack was never one to make the levels ironic for me, just bad.

rlOZqUs.pngZjDP7Xy.pngtNiyJYy.png

This time I'm PREPARED! Leila, however...

AeORKan.pngeFtB3ku.png

These luna noobs...will be significantly less trouble.

wuu3clp.pngkf6y2w0.png

I end up trading the axereaver between Priscilla and Lowen constantly.

4X9g0t5.png

Here's how thing are looking at the end of...the third or fourth turn, I think? We're doing pretty well!

raYRia8.png

This is all the enemies accomplish.

mwbuQK5.png

The sleep mook is in here! We can get rid of him!

owFgggL.png

...Actually, this guy is the priority. We CAN'T let Leila get silenced.

e9pMBb2.png

I1AUMBn.png

One of the things I did differently this run was give Florina an elixir, so that this group would have a source of healing even without Leila.

xbZFfGm.png

YES.

7MDMJAD.png

Oh, uh, crap. Kishuna's gone...Savestate.

uc8wMpU.png

Okay, let me show you something.

5N41o5Z.png9DxJsTG.pnglZVXaN7.png

After you engage him in combat(even though Lowen missed), he teleports out, and takes all his supermooks with him(just the ones in the three-room area), as well as every single cracked wall/locked door.

xtmvAnF.png

And then these guys warp in...

OsobMZY.pnge7zmkgu.pngLTaPSpH.pngh1lFCVK.png

ALL carrying some useful items!

Keep in mind though: If Kishuna teleports at the end of the fourth enemy phase instead, these guys don't appear, and the supermooks STAY. So Klok is giving you a choice: The items or the XP? You could get both if you KILLED the supermooks superfast, but... I didn't think of that while doing the chapter...

Bhfc9H0.png

You have no idea how much effort Hector had to put into this crit.

nGssuYx.png

Lyn re-gets her level...and its ACTUALLY SLIGHTLY BETTER?

ZpLdCt6.pngQ1RyjLc.pngnBNdIi0.png

Dangit.

5x0KIZy.png

New setup: Positions changed.

FqdnsAU.png

*sigh*

gyU53nn.png

*re-equips him with emblem bow*

ZaQhXx2.png

YES! Erk does his part, se-

HQ4I5XR.png

h2Pehl4.png

I take away all of Lowen's weapons. This DOESN'T strike anyone as the stupidest strategy ever.

dAbjKM4.png

I also axereaver Luna guy.

QjnrjfF.png

The AI can apparently "see" a lack of weapons. And Erk could have dodged it, but NOOOO.

LgIjEZN.png

New position: This group stays as far away as possible from all enemies.

WILL IT WORK? Find out...NEXT TIME!

Ugh, this chapter is outright NIGHTMARISH at some points. I'm surprised how much BS can be contained in such small numbers of enemies!

I think it's time I revealed the plan for the next chapter/s...

So, I have a problem. I have received requests for both Geitz AND Wallace. But...the requests DIRECTLY CONFLICT with each other! I can only do one! However, I CAN show off both chapters. How? Simple! I saved savestate from the very end of this chapter. Hector is carrying an Orion's bolt (remember, the condition for those chapters is having your lord's visible levels be below 50/50 or higher), so I'll use it and re-clear the chapter. While I show them off, I will have a new poll, with YOU guys getting to decide which one is canon, and which file I use going forward! The poll will start when this chapter is over, so next update.