[FE7 CHAOS] Chaos Mode? Blind? Wynaut?

SwordofAeons

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Hector, Marcus, Bartre, Merlinus, Ninian/Nils, and Athos are free for all to use.
3. This game will be played on the only mode, Hector Hard

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, talking to Fargus in Chapter 17x, or Seizing Castles in Chapter 25.
3. Gaiden chapters are all optional and don't count for turns up to 20 turns taken each.
4. Other units may do as they please without penalty.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

6. Savestate abuse is encouraged.

7. Mine glitching is encouraged.

8. RNG abuse is allowed if needed but discouraged.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter. I fully expect I'll have to take this penalty at some point; go nuts.

Exceptions:
1. Matthew is free for Chapter 11.
2. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapter 13x.
3. Lyn, Kent, Sain and Wil are free for Chapter 16.

Teams:
SwordofAeons - Serra, Rebecca, Sain, Isadora, Farina, Nino, Florina, Dart, Jaffar

littlebunny - Eliwood, Fiora, Wil, Priscilla, Lyn, Guy, Karla, Legault, Geitz

Rapier - Lowen, Lucius, Raven, Pent, Matthew, Louise, Karel, Heath, Hawkeye

Nintales - Oswin, Dorcas, Rath, Leila, Erk, Kent, Canas, Harken, Wallace

So I've been following the development of Chaos Mode since Phobia's initial LP, and it looks like a ton of fun. Reading LPs gives a sense of what the new characters can do, but I don't think there's any way to internalize BOWSWORDS other than to actually play. I've no idea if the game is even completable in a draft format, but drafts are more fun so let's do it anyway!

The hack: [Link] -use the optional savegame; I'm told the Mario Kart items are VERY helpful

Notes: Assassins can steal, but don't have desert-find. Base-level Bartre can be used to get Karla. There's a critical item to find in the desert. Magic users have a T3 promotion. Leila breaks her recruitment chapter; reset the game to fix.

[spoiler=Units with classes and Klok's rating]

Vaida - Bishop - Excellent light user. Low CON but good third tier access.

Renault - Druid - Slightly better than vanilla. He's the last chance for a Dark Wizard.

[spoiler=Picked units for reference]

Jaffar - General - Usable general, but mainly useful for his CON rating.

Dart - Monk - Has significant potential, but lackluster upon recruitment

Heath - Cleric - Excellent all the way to the endgame. Best when given a stimulant.

Karla - Warrior - Insane CON. Best bow user. Can also wield Armads/Wolf Beil.

Karel - Paladin - Fairly usable paladin and has great RES. Comes with an Iron Rune!
Harken - Sage - Fairly usable sage, and he comes with a fortify + fimbulvetr!

Canas - Thief - Probably the closest thing to a perfect assassin that you'll ever get.

Kent - HORSEBIRD - Overall, probably the worst playable flier character.

Matthew - Cavalier - Speedy cavalier, but lackluster strength may break him in the long run.

Serra - Lyn Lord - Possibly the best sword user in the game. Use all the way to the end.
Oswin - Mercenary - Incredible earlygame unit. He is lackluster after midgame though.
Eliwood - Mage - Incredible end-game unit. He suffers in early and midgame though.
Lowen - Wyvern Knight - Great flier, with good STR/DEF. However, he has sacred weapon weakness.
Rebecca - Brigand - Likely the best endgame axe unit, but shitastic res may hamper her.
Dorcas - Cavalier - The best paladin candidate in the game. Awesome growths but shitty res.
Guy - Knight - Excellent early and midgame unit. Can be useful up to endgame as well.
Erk - Fighter - Solid early and midgame unit. Risky endgame if promoted early.
Priscilla - Cavalier - Growths are 50% in all stats. Easily RNG-screwed or blessed.

Florina - Nomad - Good bow user and only nomad, but horrible CON rating hampers her.

Lyn - Corsair - Excellent endgame, and +4 luck on recruitment. Complements Rebecca well.
Sain - Shaman - Bad bases, but great potential. Makes the best Dark Wizard, easily.

Wil - Soldier - Has a custom promotion class. Insane unit once trained up. Use him!

Raven - Mage - Excellent mage, possesses roughly the same potential as Eliwood does.
Lucius - Eliwood Lord - Stellar unit, but made of paper. Give dragonshields where possible.

Leila - Shaman - ???

Fiora - Myrmidon - Second best sword user in the game. Can use the Katti weapons.

Isadora - Mage - Literally the best magic user in the game, barring none.

Rath - Hector Lord - Excellent unit, but may not max STR and DEF. Lacks RES too

Farina - Dragoon - Less CON than will, but for the price, a fairly good stat tradeoff.

Pent - Swordmaster - Good sword user. Can wield the Rapier and Durandel weapons.
Louise - Berzerker - Good berzerker, but like her husband, not suited to the endgame.

Nino - Wyvern Lord - Totally insane growths. Best flier, slowed only by sacred weapon weakness.

Legault - HORSEBIRD - Good upon recruitment, but growths are sorta 'meh'.

Wallace - Valkyrie - Significantly better than Marcus. Definitely worth using.

Edited by SwordofAeons

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't play drafts and I have way too many commitments to have time for a draft even if I did. :P

I think you'd be at a bit of an advantage here if you did :-p

TawhvjU.jpg

Ummmmmmmm... Serra? Did I just firstpick Serra? Wat.

Edit: littlebunny gets next pick.

Edited by SwordofAeons

Elie, don't tell people who to pick. Let them pick for themselves lol.

Edit: Just a heads up: Sain was good in the original patch, but Nosferatu has +15 more uses now, so he's even better.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Edited by Klokinator

Have X unit rescue/carry them?

In the case of this hack I might petition for an amendment of allowing Eliwood and Lyn free up to Lv20 unpromoted.

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

What about chapters where some units cant be unpicked?

Like on the final chapter the game force you to pick lyn.

Typically, you just ensure that they don't see combat. Dunno if that's possible in CHAOS; if it turns out to be impossible, we'll just ad-lib it.

Nice thing about Chaos Mode is it doesn't matter who you pick. They're ALL really good units. Some aren't quite god tier but all are usable to some extent.

"Making my run less painful" is more of a priority than "being good", if such a thing can even be said.

I already know who to pick later. I wonder if no one will have the same idea...