[FE7 CHAOS] Chaos Mode? Blind? Wynaut?

SwordofAeons

Edit3: Wow, 20% HP growth on Legault? Is that right, Klok?

It was intentional but I'm gonna buff him to at least 40% in the next patch. No reason to be that actually awful.

Edit: I'm baffled that nobody, not a single person, picked Renault, the third dark magic user and only other Dark Druid possibility. I'm totally fucking baffled. XD

Also Vaida is objectively better than quite a few other options. Such as Florina.

SwordofAeons - Serra, Rebecca, Sain, Isadora, Farina, Nino, Florina, Dart, Jaffar

littlebunny - Eliwood, Fiora, Wil, Priscilla, Lyn, Guy, Karla, Legault, Geitz

Rapier - Lowen, Lucius, Raven, Pent, Matthew, Louise, Karel, Heath, Hawkeye

Nintales - Oswin, Dorcas, Rath, Leila, Erk, Kent, Canas, Harken, Wallace

SOA's Team: Rating 9/10.

You have the only Dark Druid, the best Witch (Isadora), the best IMO axe user (Rebecca), a solid Dragoon (That 20k gold will hit your ratings hard though), and SERRA THE GODDESS OF CHAOS MODE. The only thing that would make your team better is an Armads/Durandal user. You will have a good game the whole way through and likely will maintain optimal ratings.

littlebunny's team: Rating 9/10.

Your team is so fascinating. You have the two best lord weapon wielders IMO (Fiora who has better CON than Serra, and Karla who has excellent stats for Armads usage provided you give her Secret Books), WILLIAM THE AWESOME DRAGOON, and two great fliers. The best way your team could have been improved is swapping out Guy for Kent, since then you'd have triangle attack for the later chapters which could be helpful, or swapping out Guy for Pent/Lucius so you would have full lord weapon control.

Rapier's team: Rating 7-8/10. Most of your team's best units don't come into play until about the midgame, around Heath's chapter and later. Your only early units are Hector/Matthew and Marcus/Lowen, then Lucius/Raven and nobody else until Heath. Still, your team is really solid and you should do amazing things.

Nintales team: Rating 7/10.

The worst units on your team are Kent (I only hypothesize he's the worst, I haven't playtested him to 20/20 yet so you're my guinea pig), Erk if he gets no skill books, Wallace (He's OK but no T3 is bad) and Oswin/Harken. While the last two are useful in their own way, I didn't design them to be game breakingly good, so it'll be interesting to see how you capitalize on their strengths. You also only have two T3 magic users, not counting Athos, so that'll be interesting to see how your team turns out.

Personally I think Nintales should be allotted Renault as an extra character, since most of Nintales team is jeigan-types, those who have low growths but great bases.

Edited by Klokinator

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go i have completed chapter 11, matthew is fee on this chapter so hum all i had to worry about was the red gem.

[spoiler=Chapter 11]

Lets start this!

1411274002-bunny.png

Ill try to show the beginning of each turn, Level ups and important fights.

Turn 2: 1411274007-chapter-11-turn-2.png

Turn 3: 1411274009-chapter-11-turn-3.png

Turn 4: 1411274010-chapter-11-turn-4.png

Turn 5: 1411274014-chapter-11-turn-5.png

Turn 7: 1411274016-chapter-11-turn-7.png

Turn 8: 1411274018-chapter-11-turn-8.png

I forgot turn 6 :(.

Finale: 1411274020-chpater-11-finale.png

Boss defeated by a crit: 1411274028-wire-defeated.png

Matthew defeat the thief to take the red gem: 1411274026-matthew-steal-the-red-gem.png

Hector level 2: 1411274022-hector-level-2.png

Hector level 3: 1411274024-hector-level-3.png

Tell me if im doing anything wrong!

Edited by littlebunny

Suggestion.

Post updates in a format like this.

Chapter 11: 8/8

Unit	Lv.Ex  HP  S/M  SKL  SPD  LUK  DEF  RES
Hector  03.44  23   10   09   05   10   10   00
-

Where 8/8 is more like Current Chapter's Turn Count/Total Turncount, so if you took 7 turns on Chapter 12, Chapter 12 might be like Chapter 12: 7/15. Also, this way, we can keep track of your team without having to keep track of screenshots for team analysis, and can more easily offer advice based on a nice detailed list. For an easy way to do this, I just type my notes into Notepad, then copypaste it right into the Reply section while RTE is turned off. Turn it back on, and it'll look just like how I have it above. See the spoiler for a screenshot on what it should look like, for copypaste purposes.

02f62b50658583f664ed57927acbd51f.png

*Edit

Add details below the turncount in a spoiler, like Unit stats and chapter details/basic synopsis/pics/whatever, just like you did. Mainly, since this is a draft, the challenge is to beat the game faster than anyone else, so making sure your turncounts are out and easily viewable is a big deal.

I'm going back to watch Higurashi and work on my video some more

Edited by Sara.

It was intentional but I'm gonna buff him to at least 40% in the next patch. No reason to be that actually awful.

Edit: I'm baffled that nobody, not a single person, picked Renault, the third dark magic user and only other Dark Druid possibility. I'm totally fucking baffled. XD

Also Vaida is objectively better than quite a few other options. Such as Florina.

The worst units on your team are Kent (I only hypothesize he's the worst, I haven't playtested him to 20/20 yet so you're my guinea pig), Erk if he gets no skill books, Wallace (He's OK but no T3 is bad) and Oswin/Harken. While the last two are useful in their own way, I didn't design them to be game breakingly good, so it'll be interesting to see how you capitalize on their strengths. You also only have two T3 magic users, not counting Athos, so that'll be interesting to see how your team turns out.

Personally I think Nintales should be allotted Renault as an extra character, since most of Nintales team is jeigan-types, those who have low growths but great bases.

Klok, Kent is just better than Legault because he actually has a chance to increase his HP stat. And I'm probably skipping the Secret in this one too.

Erk ORKOes most of the units in the first chapters with 80%. And I have three hand axes availables because I don't use Lyn nor Rebecca.

Oswin is good. In my 0%, I'm at chapter 23x, and still using him! ^^

Harken is my only Archsage.

Didn't take Vaida though because I'll probably get the Warp staff.

Edited by Nintales

Klok, Kent is just better than Legault because he actually has a chance to increase his HP stat. And I'm probably skipping the Secret in this one too.

Erk ORKOes most of the units in the first chapters with 80%. And I have three hand axes availables because I don't use Lyn nor Rebecca.

Oswin is good. In my 0%, I'm at chapter 23x, and still using him! ^^

Harken is my only Archsage.

Didn't take Vaida though because I'll probably get the Warp staff.

Most of these are P. good points. Harken might make a good archsage, but will you have the time to get him to L20 before Sonia's chapter? As for killing Vaida, sneaky! That's exactly why I gave her a warpstaff, for the LTCers!

Most of these are P. good points. Harken might make a good archsage, but will you have the time to get him to L20 before Sonia's chapter? As for killing Vaida, sneaky! That's exactly why I gave her a warpstaff, for the LTCers!

Who said lv20? :smug:

I took Wallace instead of Renault because I wanted another healer than Marcus (and promoted Leila).

I need Kent for my chapter 17x's strategy too. (most of my strats will be the same as those I used in my 0%, except that I might gain one turn in some maps thanks to GROWTHS)

Me too, actually. I expected the magic-users to go fast; that's why I second-picked Sain.

Is Vaida objectively better than a Warp staff, though? My Florina pick was a bit speculative, but I figured I could find a use for an early pony with crazy AID.

SOA's Team: Rating 9/10.

You have the only Dark Druid, the best Witch (Isadora), the best IMO axe user (Rebecca), a solid Dragoon (That 20k gold will hit your ratings hard though), and SERRA THE GODDESS OF CHAOS MODE. The only thing that would make your team better is an Armads/Durandal user. You will have a good game the whole way through and likely will maintain optimal ratings.

Silly Klok. Don't you know the Funds rating is trivial; just don't use your legendary weapons!... wait...

I personally don't subscribe to the philosophy that great stats = bad unit :-p I bet they'll surprise you when Nintales actually dumps resources into them. That said, drafting last is always a bit ropey; I wouldn't be opposed to working something out if Nintales finds things too tough to continue.

Well, time to get started! *braces self*

Drafting last gives you the first double pick, so while you miss out on the first three "top" units, you pick up the first pair, which is often a big deal in itself.

[spoiler=Ch. 11 5|5]

YVHLeT1.png

Huehuehuehue

Nw9zRBx.png

I thought you fixed this already, Klok?

7VEk85F.png

Why is this so ACCURATE? XD

DNW5a76.png

Not bad.

APayxoY.png

Dammit Matthew.

My first go at it I got four turns without the Red Gem. Tried again and found a way to both get the Gem and get a little more XP on Hector for the price of a turn, which I figured was worth it. Started by going left; Matthew used the magic of Canto to take a detour to the chest without falling behind. Matthew kills the boss with an Armorslayer crit.

Unit	Lv  HP  S/M  SKL  SPD  LUK  DEF  RES
Hector  02  23  10   09   04   10   09   00
-
Edited by SwordofAeons

[spoiler=Chapter 12 6/14]

Lets do this!

1411326702-chapter-12-amazing-start.png

Oh gosh, did not take long.

1411326761-hector-level-4.png

Hector is very speedy this time around! Wont have to spend all my funds on speed wings!

1411326767-thanks-hector-speed.png

Good job!

1411326765-marcus-secret-book.png

Marcus will visit most of the villages of the game i guess.

1411326742-lets-trade.png

Undrafted ones doing the boring work.

1411326716-eliwood-level-2.png

Alright tanky eliwood.

1411326699-bartre-level-3.png

I love speed

1411326757-hector-level-5.png

1411326751-hector-level-6.png

Hector is doubling people thats getting funny

1411326718-eliwood-level-3.png

I like it

1411326709-chapter-12-done.png

Would have been much faster with oswin :P

1411326748-hector-level-7.png

Hector is gonna be invincible.

1411326700-chapter-12-finale.png

Having no oswin or serra makes it very difficult to defeat this boss fast :P

Lowen sold teh red gem and bought an iron sword because why not.

[spoiler=Chapter 13 10/24]

This chapter is a bit difficult without lowen to go take the top village and recruiting guy without matthew getting atatcked. Needed a lot of clutch dodge and a lot of crits.

1411332301-splitting.png

Splitting the team in two!

1411332256-bartre-level-4.png

Show them u are the superior thief!

1411332271-eliwood-level-4.png

nice.

1411332279-hector-level-8.png

Are u gonna max speed naturally?

1411332312-yay-village.png

yay!

1411332290-how-to-recruit-guy.png

How can i do this....

1411332292-marcus-showing-it.png

1411332309-u-can-do-it.png

Like this i guess!

1411332304-that-guy-is-blocking-the-road

If he miss, i cant recruit guy.

1411332259-bartre-level-6.png

:D

1411332273-eliwood-level-5.png

Eliwood continue with similar levels

1411332287-guy-yay.png

Finally!

1411332292-lets-go.png

Take those axes!

1411332261-bartre-level-7.png

i like my level ups so far.

1411332306-this-is-tricky.png

Its looking bad! I was forced to put marcus here or the archer was gonna kill him, but now hes in range of the pegasus knight with a steel lance.

1411332283-good-try-tho.png

Luckily bartre is getting strong.

1411332266-bartre-level-8.png

1411332268-bartre-level-9.png

Bartre cleared everything, eventually....

1411332296-miss-and-crit.png

One crit and one miss, thats what i wanted to happen.

1411332255-bartre-got-a-crit-and-eliwood

1411332276-eliwood-level-6.png

I want to give eliwoods levels.

1411332298-one-enemy-left.png

One guy left with 1 health.

1411332281-finale.png

gg!

Pretty fun chapter! Hector soloed bottom right side and ran out of steel bow and bartre took care of left side with eliwood as backup. Lowen bought a heal staff, and i traded some stuff so i can use undrafted ones as meatshield in chapter 13x!

Edited by littlebunny

No turn counted on 13x and meatshields are allowed so it should be very easy!

Guys growths are very interesting! His worst stat is def but he starts with huge def. He got good Con and has lot of potential. But that movement speed tho... Not good when the goal is finishing chapters fast and i dont think guy will be strong in the last few chapters unless i give him reinfleche.

Yeah Guy was one of the more fun characters. You think based on every other character ingame "Oh he has good DEF growths and bad SPD growths because Klok only makes good stats grow and bad stats don't" but in fact he's one of only 2-3 opposite characters ingame.

Guys niche will be hardened Steel Sword and Axereaver utility. Not a bad thing imo. Plus, chapters like 14 beg for a unit to handle enemies near the start, and guy can capitalize on that. 16, hes a prime candidate to get the hero crest while the rest do their thing. Badon, he's got eenough move to reach the center of combat with Bows and Hand axes just fine. 19, can solo the entire top. 20, send him anywhere really. 21, he'll do well with steelswords.

Don't underedtimate his utility. Solid support from the rear means he will never be short of exp tbh.

Yeah Guy was one of the more fun characters. You think based on every other character ingame "Oh he has good DEF growths and bad SPD growths because Klok only makes good stats grow and bad stats don't" but in fact he's one of only 2-3 opposite characters ingame.

the others being bartre and karla, right?

i will probably promote guy as soon as i feel like doing it because he wont reach 20/20 , Knights dont gain much exp i noticed. And that movement speed bonus from promotion + stats will help me finish chapters faster.

In chapter 13x im gonna be building supports and leveling up marcus, two things i didnt do at all in the first three chapter.

Eliwood and Hector are a very powerful duo thru the entire game.

When u know some units wont be good enough for the end game then promoting them early is very good!

Can i heal undrafted units on chapter 13x

Edited by littlebunny

They cant visit villages right? I have completed the chapter but i did not visit the village :(

[spoiler=Chapter 13x 0/24]

The plan here is guy takes the right side, bartre takes the left side and Hector/eliwood takes the middle.

1411344235-oswin.png

Meatshield equipped with a steel sword.

1411344216-meatshield-number-2.png

RIP! :(

1411344200-bartre-level-10.png

1411344203-bartre-level-11.png

1411344203-bartre-level-12.png

1411344205-bartre-level-13.png

Bartre is really good.

1411344208-eliwood-level-7.png

1411344211-eliwood-level-8.png

1411344212-eliwood-level-9.png

Pretty decent!

1411344220-guy-level-4.png

1411344222-guy-level-5.png

That defence!

1411344224-hector-level-10.png

Hector is gaining very low experience and he broke 3 weapons already, he has a new killerbow now!

1411344227-marcus-level-6.png

Marcus level up!

1411344207-boss.png

Go bartre!

1411344240-plan.png

1411344225-last-turn.png

Marcus died a lot of time :(

Edited by littlebunny

They cant visit villages right? I have completed the chapter but i did not visit the village :(

Yeah. I find that restriction the most frustrating, personally >.< I like shinies.

[spoiler=Ch 12 6|12]

zNFtH7J.png

*then proceeds to murder ALL OF THE THINGS*

ZPYq0yi.png

JBYFJtn.png

RES :|

Jt4RI5O.png

Bartre... I see that you're trying... but... uggh...

eQ2PxCB.png

Quiet you! I did alright!

Pfzh8nD.png

For once, unironically YES!

Unit	Lv  HP  S/M  SKL  SPD  LUK  DEF  RES
Hector  04  25  11   09   05   10   09   02
Marcus  base
Bartre  03  26  08   05   09   10   05   01
Serra   03  19  06   11   16   10   04   03
Rebecca 02  25  06   10   10   10   04   01

This chapter was actually really straightforward. Hector cleared out the top, Serra cleaned out the middle, and Rebecca and Bartre tag-teamed the bottom. I had to play a little passively, as even taking the forward forts or mountains wouldn't stop the enemy from murdering my guys. At the end, Serra swung round to assist Hector with the boss, hitting him for exactsies with an Iron Bow and the Mani Katti. Picked up an extra Iron Axe and Iron Bow from the shop just in case.

Edited by SwordofAeons