If you could create your own Skill...

Demigami

I mean, Luna+ and Hawkeye combo is broken as hell, too, right?

It's nice for offense, but it can be completely ignored through strategy alone (it has no defensive boost, so if you kill the user before they can attack, it does nothing). All the Lunatic+ skills are like this- they have a guaranteed effect in some circumstances and absolutely no effect elsewhere, and nothing in between (notice how Lunatic+ has no Miracle/Breakers).

So it's annoying, especially if you're not prepared to deal with it, but I don't think it's broken.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throwing Knives-All swords are now 1-2 range. Decreased hit.

Throwing knives? Tch, I don't need to do indirect attacks.

*Lethality crits Rabba with a Baselard*

Spellsword: Damage with swords is now affected by resistance.

Bookblade: Damage with tomes is now affected by defense.

Monster: +5 Strength and magic. Weakness to blessed weapons added.

For Lunatic+

Corrode: Weapons used against this unit lose 2 usages instead of one.

sacrifice- heals allied units with users health

resolve- increases atk, spd, and skl when hp is 20% or below

slow start- decreases all stats by 75% for first 5 turns then they double on the 6th

radiant dawn had some awesome skills and regigigas would not suck if slow start did that well he still might... he still looks cool

Beserk - Halve Def and Res to boost Mag or Str (based on what's equipped) equal to a quarter of the combined amount, active the whole time.

E.g. 60 Def, 40 Res goes to 30 Def and 20 Res and boosts Str or Mag by: (60+40)/4 = 25

Reverse of above could work too, or variations with skill or speed.

Fortification - Opt to do nothing but wait still for a turn, in return, 1.5x or double your defensive stats

Kamidori-skill-flurry3.png

連撃Ⅲ

Flurry III

25% chance to strike twice in a single combat round.

For Lunatic+

Ragnaros anyone? :D

sacrifice- heals allied units with users health

resolve- increases atk, spd, and skl when hp is 20% or below

slow start- decreases all stats by 75% for first 5 turns then they double on the 6th

Sacrifice looks fine, the other two are hopelessly broken.

Edit: accidental double post. Couldn't find the delete button.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

How about this:

Demonic Charge: Your unit will land every attack they can on the enemy before the enemy is able to fight back. Works only during your turn (Male Only)

Dark Shield: Nullifies all spell damage taken. Activation rate is Skill/2 (Female Only)

Dance of Flames: 40% of The damage you dealt with a fire spell to your target will be delivered to up to 5 extra enemies of your choosing as long as they are 1-10 spaces away from the target you just attacked. But will cost you one durability for each one. Armsthrift doesn't allow you to work around it. If you have Galeforce AND this skill. An option will appear if you want to activate one over the other. And it cannot be used if you already activated Galeforce during this turn (Learned by anyone. A manual of it is acquired in a DLC chapter where you fight Arvis and his army. I figured since he loves fire. You might as well learn it by defeating him.)

Edited by Rxmonste

• 2 weeks later...

In an attempt to make archer classes worthwhile I came up with this one a while ago. Not sure if 2 weeks since the last post is considered a necro.

Penetrating Arrows/Expose Weakness/<Archest Archer>
Grants the archers shots a penetrating effect, allowing him to always ignore the enemies defense by an amount equal to his skill/4 for archers, skill/3 for snipers. Bows only.

Edited by Knusperkeks

Counter+: double the damage countered

Lolsbane: super effective damage vs Soldiers

Last resort-Doubles all stats but unit dies after the turn ends.

Combine that with a dancer and the galeforce+ idea

For Lunatic+

still no hurt to armsthrift grinding players though Edited by Gradivus.

Defeatist:

+30% hit/avoid while on/above 50% hp

-30% hit/avoid while below 50%

The bigger they are the harder they fall: For every 5HP lost you win +1Str/Mag, however for every 10HP lost you lose 3Res/Def

Sloth: If no actions were made during a turn, you win +3 Res/Def for the next turn

Edited by Chasticot

Sloth: If no actions were made during a turn, you win +3 Res/Def for the next turn

Might be difficult to implement like this into the game as a mechanic, it would probably work like a usable action (like dance, using a staff, rally) and give a stat increase. it's like a self targeted special dance for defensive stats, could be named differently but I like the concept. It's the most balanced skill among your suggestions for sure.

I threw this one out there in the What would make Knights better thread but I might as well stick it out here.

Steadfast: Can't be doubled by enemies and in turn cannot double enemies. This includes negating the effect of brave weapons.

• 1 month later...