Defeating Julius on Chapter 9

momogeek2141

It feels great to defeat Julius on chapter 10! Does anyone agree with me?

Here's how I did it:

Holyn!Faval with Ichival drew Julius in (w/ leadership and charisma), took a ton of damage, dealt back 12. Julius activated charge, but missed, taking another 12.

Leaf w/ silver lance attacked, dealing 4 damage.

Holyn!Patty attacked w/ slim sword, landed 1 sibling crit and dealt 6 damage total.

Levin!Sety attacked w/ Holsety, activating continue twice, and landing 2 crits, leaving julius w/ 2 hp.

Altenna w/ Gae Bolg finished him off.

It was actually much easier than people say. :smug:

Edited by momogeek2141

Defeating Julius is a really easy task, since you can do with a really good Ares/Seliph. however in terms of game stats, I prefer Ishtar to Julius because she gives out an actual item, while Julius is just a "Hey, you defeated the Final boss-Wait no you didn't."

You can't kill Julius in Chapter 9...

That aside, it's not that hard to beat him without Nihil if you have a high critical hit rate, just stack Hit/Avoid bonuses to counter his leadership and go to town.

It isn't that hard, but it isn't that easy either. You also need to have a high speed, in order to prevent pursuit and charge from activating. IIRC, Ishtar doesn't drop anything if it was inherited. And yeah, thanks for pointing out my error, X-naut.

Edited by momogeek2141

If memory serves, first time I killed him (I don't like beating Ishtar, so I always kick Julius), Larcei soloed him. Nothing works better than a good old 100* hero sword.

Edited by Sartek

Defeating Julius is a really easy task, since you can do with a really good Ares/Seliph. however in terms of game stats, I prefer Ishtar to Julius because she gives out an actual item, while Julius is just a "Hey, you defeated the Final boss-Wait no you didn't."

They both drop an uninherited item.

They both drop an uninherited item.

julious drops a leg ring and ishtar drops a life ring (and yes, this does mean that inheriting neither will cause you to have to lose out on one.)

Edited by sirmola