Tower of Demons

Cancer Lancer

(Inhuman Guard - Leader?)

I witness a comrade strike at the knight, who got in the way of the witch we first attempted to kill. His strike swift, but the knight was prepared. In a swift motion, the knight swung his shield towards my comrade; yet, a catch. The Guard blocked the shield with the shaft of his halberd, and proceeded to use the momentum gained to make a clean swing over at the knight - a swing so clean that it shredded past his heavy armor, inflicting a tremendous wound on the knight. Yet, the knight was strong, and with a halberd still lodged into him he made a determined overhead swing that struck deep into my comrade's skull. My comrade was crushed into the ground at that point, but he was not yet dead. The Zealot took a lot and was unable to strike him back down as my comrade slowly got back on his feet, Halberd still strong in hand.

Critical hit!

Aster

A man of great dedication to a cause he/she can no longer remember. Even though he cannot remember his cause, the Zealot continues to stride forward with an iron resolve as a wall of his faith.

Stats: Level 12

HP: 46 / 62 EP: 50 / 60 Str: 13 Mnd: 6 Skl: 9 Ini: 4 Adp: 6 End: 16 Wil: 14

Equipment:

E - Morning Star (Type: Physical Mt: 8 + (1.0 Str) Hit: 75 Crit: 5 Wt: 7 Bonus Effect: Negate target base armor def)

(Reach: Below Average, Durability: High)

E - Iron Shield (Avoid: +10 Adp: +3 Wt: 3)

E - Fluted Plate Set (Def: 6 + (0.75 End) Res: 3 + (0.25 Mnd + 0.5 Wil) Wt: 5)

Overall:

Atk: 21 Hit: 93 Crit: 9

Def: 18 Res: 11 Avoid: 28

AS: 4 Agi: 9

Critical hit!

Inhuman Guard

What was once a proud guard of the great tower is now but an inhuman husk of his former self.

Level 8 HP: 3 / 37 EP: 19 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Halberd (Type: Physical Mt: 13 + (0.25 Str + 0.75 Skl) Hit: 70 Crit: 0 Wt: 10) (Reach: Long, Durabiliy: Above average)

Decayed Guard Set (Def: 2 + (0.5 End) Res: 1 + (0.5 Wil) Wt: 2)

Overall:

Atk: 26 Hit: 94 Crit: 6

Def: 6 Res: 3 Avo: 10

AS: 10 Agi: 5

Then, in a quick flash, I witness another comrade fall instantly to the swift bladework of what appeared to be a foreign swordsman. His blade struck like the wind from its sheath, and danced steel into my comrade who had attempted strike. Before my comrade could land the blow, however, his torso was already torn from his abdomen, the old decaying armor powerless to the swordsman's skill.

Quickdraw! Double attack!

Inhuman Guard

What was once a proud guard of the great tower is now but an inhuman husk of his former self.

Level 8 HP: 0 / 37 EP: 29 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Bastard Sword (Type: Physical Mt: 11 + (0.5 Str + 0.5 Skl) Hit: 80 Crit: 0 Wt: 8) (Reach: Above Average, Durability: Average)

Overall:

Atk: 24 Hit: 104 Crit: 6

Dead.

Wick

A swordsman from a faraway land. Though unparalleled in his exotic swordplay, his movements tell an epic of tragedy that his words could never.

Stats: Level 11

HP: 41 / 41 EP: 23 / 40 Str: 10 Mnd: 3 Skl: 16 Ini: 12 Adp: 7 End: 7 Wil: 10

Equipment:

E - Iaito (Type: Physical Mt: 9 + (0.25 Str + 0.75 Skl) Hit: 80 Crit: 5 Wt: 6 Bonus Effect: Quickdraw deals 1.3x more damage)

(Reach: Medium, Durability: Below Average)

E - Ascetic Set (Def: 4 + (0.75 End) Res: 2 + (0.75 Wil) Wt: 3)

Overall:

Atk: 23 Hit: 112 Crit: 13

Def: 9 Res: 10 Avoid: 14

AS: 12 Agi: 7

Witnessing the swordsman's display, the Dancer too decided she would fight. And so, with a large sword unbefitting her physique, she swung somewhat awkwardly at another comrade, this one wielding a shield and spear. Even with such an unfitting weapon for her, however, she was able to deal considerable damage, but not before receiving a piercing wound under her rib herself.

Liss

A practitioner of the sword whose dance of blades leaves a bewildering mirage. Her dance tells a majestic and powerful story, but how much of it is true and how much is but an illusion?

HP: 28 / 42 EP: 16 / 32 Str: 8 Mnd: 9 Skl: 12 Ini: 12 Adp: 15 End: 7 Wil: 3

Equipment:

E - Bastard Sword (Type: Physical Mt: 11 + (0.5 Str + 0.5 Skl) Hit: 80 Crit: 0 Wt: 8) (Reach: Above Average, Durability: Average)

Soul Rapier (Type: Physical/Magic Mt: 7 + (0.25 Str + 0.5 Mnd + 0.5 Skl) Hit: 90 Crit: 10 Wt: 5 Bonus Effect: Damage calculated from target’s weakest Def/Res stat)

(Reach: Long, Durability: Below Average)

E - Chain Silks (Def: 3 + (0.5 End) Res: 4 + (0.5 Mnd + 0.25 Wil) Wt: 2)

E - Dancer’s Brace (Wt: 1 +1 Ini +1 Adp)

Overall:

(Bastard Sword)

Atk: 21 Hit: 104 Crit: 6

Def: 6 Res: 8 Avoid: 26

AS: 10 Agi: 13

(Soul Rapier)

Atk: 19 Hit: 114 Crit: 16

Def: 6 Res: 8 Avoid: 32

AS: 13 Agi: 16

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 6 / 37 EP: 24 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Light Spear (Type: Physical Mt: 8 + (1.0 Skl) Hit: 85 Crit: 5 Wt: 5) (Reach: Long, Durability: Low)

Eroded Shield (Avoid: + 5 Adp: +1 Wt: 1)

Overall:

Atk: 20 Hit: 109 Crit: 11

Def: 6 Res: 3 Avo: 17

AS: 10 Agi: 6

It is time that I too, join the fight. And so, I too tread forward, as the rear guard, with a comrade beside me.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calypso gasped as a blade tore into her. Though she managed to finish off her assailant, the witch was gravely wounded. She used her left arm to cover her wound and remain somewhat decent. The pain was already making her angry, but what really ticked her off was Cyril blackmailing her for his healing. He purposely waited for her to be in dire need to make the very vague offer. To which she made a very simple counteroffer.

"Screw you!"

The adrenaline from the battle had dulled the pain somewhat, so Calypso moved to see which fiend was next. She caught sight of Liss's weakened foe, but she seemed to have enough help from one of the other swordsman. Instead, Calypso took Aster's advice and stayed behind him. Just as well: the rear guard was joining the fight. The witch started to charge a glowing orb of dark magic in her free hand. Her focus on it only broke for a moment as she looked to see which enemy would be approaching. Any foe attempting to attack either Aster or herself would be met with a charged spell.

Cyril laughed at Calypso's response. "If that is what you desire milady," he said with sarcasm dripping from his words. He then moved into battle position and charged the nearest enemy. He feigned an attack as he rolled behind the enemy and made a powerful slash at the hopefully exposed enemy.

"HMF!!" Wick looked over to the girl, and saw how she struggled with her blade. Then he noticed another blade, strapped to her back. It was exquisite, light, and seemed a perfect fit for her.

"Hire" He said, as he pointed to the blade on her back hoping she would notice it. Then he realized something, she hadn't heard him. She must be deaf.. or hard of hearing...no matter

He decided to take initiative, he grabbed the sword off her back and handed to her in a single motion.

"It is a bettur fit for yu." He told her, saying it slow enough for her to read his lips.

(Inhuman Guard - Leader?)

As I trudge forward, each step writhing this withered old body with pain, I catch a shadow past my peripheral. Yet, I did not act; my eyes have long since grown unreliable. Then, in an instant, I notice my legs giving way, as I'm knocked to the ground by something behind me, followed by the feeling of striking iron tear through my chest. I glimpse down, and see the tip of a blade, wrought with dirty flesh but not an ounce of blood. Had my blood gone dry ages ago? The blade then disappears from my sight, followed by what would have once been excruciating pain, were my senses not dulled to the extent that they have. My body is then knocked onto the ground by another blow, one that sheared the flesh from my back.

My comrade, who had followed me, took note of the proprietor, and drew his halberd from the ground. He intended to avenge me, though I was not yet dead. However, I hadn't much faith if his body is in any state similar to mine.

Successful backstab! Critical Hit! Double Attack!

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 10 / 37 EP: 29 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Light Spear (Type: Physical Mt: 8 + (1.0 Skl) Hit: 85 Crit: 5 Wt: 5) (Reach: Long, Durability: Low)

Overall:

Cyril

Seeking atonement for the grave sins of his past, the Atoner has given up everything that once meant anything, in a desperate search for a way to be forgiven.

HP: 58 / 58 EP: 47 / 62 Str: 9 Mnd: 8 Skl: 7 Ini: 11 Adp: 11 End: 10 Wil: 17

Starting Equipment:

E – Broadsword (Type: Physical Mt: 8 + (0.75 Str + 0.25 Dex) Hit: 85 Crit: 0 Wt: 5)

(Reach: Medium, Durability: Medium)

E - Blessed Chainmail (Def: 5 + (0.5 End) Res: 4 + (0.75 Wil) Wt: 3)

Ring of Vows (Type: Catalyst Mt: 6 + (0.25 Mnd + 0.75 Wil) Hit: 95 Crit: 0 Wt: 3)

(Reach: Minimum, Durability: Very high)

Overall:

Atk: 15 Hit: 99 Crit: 3 (Broadsword) Atk: 20 Hit: 109 Crit: 3 (Ring of Vows)

Def: 10 Res: 16 Avo: 22

AS: 11 Agi: 11

Edited by Cancer Lancer

Liss saw Wick approaching to her, then he took something from her back.
It was a light type of sword. Maybe one of those called raipers.

Wick said that it was better for her, so she took it from Wick's hand.
By takeing the raiper, she felt srange. It was like she suddenly knew how to use that light sword.
She felt light, just as the sword. She too, felt capable of jumping arround like a rabbit.
Liss sheathed the other sword.

"Did I had this all this time?" she said, looking at the raiper. Well, does it matter?

She saw another enemy coming for attack her.
As the thing slashed it's spear, Liss jumped- avoiding the attack and steping on the pole of the spear. Then jumping again and quickly slashing the enemy right in the midle of the neck.

The head of the enemy rolled arround the room.

Teala wondered how they'd managed to survive for so long. No assessment of the enemy, and the one called Cyril had the gall to barter for his services in the midst of battle. If things weren't so dire, Teala would've shoved him into the enemies. Too late for that now. He made a mental note to keep an eye out for Wick (who seemed decent enough, despite the weird sounds he made), and Liss (who didn't look all too sturdy). And maybe that Calypso lady, too.

With a bestial yell, he charged at the nearest uninjured threat.

Though I am down, the rest of us are not. They charge, with undetectable fury and hunger, only visible through the mane of their still sharp blades. And so, I witness as they converge and strike at the magician, who attempted discretion in a futile effort to avoid bloodshed.

The first of the group launch a strike at him with a light spear - but the mage was fast. He narrowly dodged the spear's tip, and casted a soul arrow into my comrade without delay, pushing him back and injuring him. However, my comrades do not relent; another launches a sloppy, but weight filled, vertical blow with his bastard sword, only for the mage to once again sidestep in time to null the attack, and retort with two soul bolts this time, pushing my comrade far back. The last of the group then strike a well timed horizontal slash with his halberd, that slices into the mage's side until it's stopped by his inner bones. I hear him scream in pain, as he unleashes his wrath on the halberdier and severely injures him too.

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 20 / 37 EP: 24 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 3 / 37 EP: 21 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Bastard Sword (Type: Physical Mt: 11 + (0.5 Str + 0.5 Skl) Hit: 80 Crit: 0 Wt: 8) (Reach: Above Average, Durability: Average)

Overall:

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 3 / 37 EP: 19 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Halberd (Type: Physical Mt: 13 + (0.25 Str + 0.75 Skl) Hit: 70 Crit: 0 Wt: 10) (Reach: Long, Durabiliy: Above average)

Overall:

Phaedrus

What was once a quest for knowledge led the Seeker to the Tower. Now, without a past to return to, he can only move forward, and hope that the knowledge gained can compensate for the humanity lost.

Starting Stats: Level 10

HP: 11 / 34 EP: 10 / 45 Str: 5 Mnd: 15 Skl: 13 Ini: 9 Adp: 9 End: 4 Wil: 7

Starting Skill: Soul Arrow (Launch a <soul> magical attack for (1.0 Atk) with a compatible tome or staff catalyst. Long range. – 5 EP)

Starting Equipment:

E - Seeker’s Tome (Type: Catalyst Mt: 4 + (1.0 Mnd) Hit: 90 Crit: 0 Wt: 2)

(Reach: Minimum, Durability: Average)

E - Scholar’s Robes (Def: 1 + (0.5 End) Res: 3 + (0.25 Mnd + 0.5 Wil Bonus: + 2 Mnd)

Dagger (Type: Physical Mt: 4 + (0.25 Str + 0.5 Skl + 0.5 Ini) Hit: 95 Crit: 10 Wt: 3 Bonus Effect: Critical hits deal 1.5x more damage)

(Reach: Very short, Durability: Average)

Overall:

Atk: 21 Hit: 116 Crit: 6 (Seeker’s Tome) Atk: 15 Hit: 121 Crit: 16 (Dagger)

Def: 3 Res: 9 Avo: 18

AS: 9 Agi: 9

(Holy hell, Jiac is lucky. The RNG decided for him to dodge a 91 after an 86, consecutively. Wow. I really wanted him to die too.)

Then, 2 of them go towards Wick, with intense fury veiled only by their inability to speak. One makes a swing at the swordsman - successfully slicing at his armor with his long halberd, but not before he received 2 deep cuts himself. Another comrade, this one with a spear, lunges forward after the halberdier is pushed back. He pierces into the foreign swordsman's armor, only to be countered by an a flurry of extreme deep and precise cuts - one that connected right at the neck, sending an occupied helmet flying into the air.

Wick

A swordsman from a faraway land. Though unparalleled in his exotic swordplay, his movements tell an epic of tragedy that his words could never.

HP: 13 / 41 EP: 4 / 40 Str: 10 Mnd: 3 Skl: 16 Ini: 12 Adp: 7 End: 7 Wil: 10

Equipment:

E - Iaito (Type: Physical Mt: 9 + (0.25 Str + 0.75 Skl) Hit: 80 Crit: 5 Wt: 6 Bonus Effect: Quickdraw deals 1.3x more damage)

(Reach: Medium, Durability: Below Average)

E - Ascetic Set (Def: 4 + (0.75 End) Res: 2 + (0.75 Wil) Wt: 3)

Overall:

Atk: 23 Hit: 112 Crit: 13

Def: 9 Res: 10 Avoid: 14

AS: 12 Agi: 7

Critical Hit! Double Attack!

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 0 / 37 EP: 24 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Dead.

Double Attack!

Inhuman Guard

Equipment:

Overall:

I witness the Dancer go for the offensive with a rapier that oozed power. She made a graceful strike into a sworded comrade until he found an opportunity to cut into her with the blade. However, it was not enough, as he promptly had his head sliced off by a second strike from her elegant movements. Then, the spearman she had fought with earlier attempted to finish her, only to be offed before he had the chance by a surprise lunge from her.

Liss

A practitioner of the sword whose dance of blades leaves a bewildering mirage. Her dance tells a majestic and powerful story, but how much of it is true and how much is but an illusion?

HP: 10 / 42 EP: 6 / 32 Str: 8 Mnd: 9 Skl: 12 Ini: 12 Adp: 15 End: 7 Wil: 3

Equipment:

E - Bastard Sword (Type: Physical Mt: 11 + (0.5 Str + 0.5 Skl) Hit: 80 Crit: 0 Wt: 8) (Reach: Above Average, Durability: Average)

Soul Rapier (Type: Physical/Magic Mt: 7 + (0.25 Str + 0.5 Mnd + 0.5 Skl) Hit: 90 Crit: 10 Wt: 5 Bonus Effect: Damage calculated from target’s weakest Def/Res stat)

(Reach: Long, Durability: Below Average)

E - Chain Silks (Def: 3 + (0.5 End) Res: 4 + (0.5 Mnd + 0.25 Wil) Wt: 2)

E - Dancer’s Brace (Wt: 1 +1 Ini +1 Adp)

Overall:

(Bastard Sword)

Atk: 21 Hit: 104 Crit: 6

Def: 6 Res: 8 Avoid: 26

AS: 10 Agi: 13

(Soul Rapier)

Atk: 19 Hit: 114 Crit: 16

Def: 6 Res: 8 Avoid: 32

AS: 13 Agi: 16

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 0 / 37 EP: 24 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Dead.

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 0 / 37 EP: 29 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

The halberdier who intended to avenge me struck at the cleric, and with a powerful spin from his halberd he was able to chop into the man's side, though the strik was somewhat halted by the ringing of chains on his target. The cleric then attempted counterattack; he made two quick strikes, but his first had missed miserably as the guard blocked it with the halberd's shaft. Then, another comrade jumps his way, this one also wielding a halberd but previously injured from combat with the knight. He struck into the cleric's shoulder, causing a deep wound, but his effort was met with a swift slash lobbing over his torso from the abdomen.

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 28 / 37 EP: 19 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 0 / 37 EP: 13 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Dead.

Cyril

Seeking atonement for the grave sins of his past, the Atoner has given up everything that once meant anything, in a desperate search for a way to be forgiven.

HP: 26 / 58 EP: 31 / 62 Str: 9 Mnd: 8 Skl: 7 Ini: 11 Adp: 11 End: 10 Wil: 17

Starting Equipment:

E – Broadsword (Type: Physical Mt: 8 + (0.75 Str + 0.25 Dex) Hit: 85 Crit: 0 Wt: 5)

Ring of Vows (Type: Catalyst Mt: 6 + (0.25 Mnd + 0.75 Wil) Hit: 95 Crit: 0 Wt: 3)

Overall:

There were only a few of us left now. Those who were left were mostly injured, but a few of the intruders were also in a grievous state. If we were going to fall, then I pray for our King that we at least take down one of them to hell with us.

[spoiler=OoC battle report]

bastard sword x 4
3 dead
1 @ 3/ 37 hp

light spear x 4
1 @ 20 / 37 hp
1 @ 10 / 37 hp (stunned)
2 dead

halberd x 4
2 @ 3 / 37 hp
1 @ 28 / 37 hp
1 dead

Wick did not notice the pain in his body, for he knew pain did not matter. Why was that? He did not know, in any case he could not just stand there waiting to die. And neither could Liss continue to fight. Wick lifted Liss off of the ground, and headed a safer distance from the monsters. He turned to the cleric, who was also injured.

"If wi ar tu survaiv this, yu must tend tu owr wunds." He said to the cleric, trying to get him to help Liss.

He turned to Liss, who was sitting on the ground now. "It wil bi aul rait, trust mi." He said bringing a pained smile to his face.

Wick could see that the cleric was ignoring them, that was not good. If the cleric did not o his part he would be endangering not only Wick and Liss, but also himself. It was time to take drastic measures, but he couldn't threaten his life, they both knew that he would not benefit Wick dead. Perhaps something of use... THATS IT!

"Liss, giv mi yur basterd sord." Wick got the sword, and turned to the cleric.

"You wanted this earlier, you may have it..." He pulled it away from the cleric's reach, "IF you promise to do your part as a healer... do we have a deal?"

"Hah not anymore these creatures are carrying many of them so I can just get one during the battle. Nice try bargining though, just remember I'm the one who makes the deal not you." He said with a laugh as he moved away and backed up against a wall so none of the monsters could sneak up on him. And by monsters he meant friends and foes alike.

"Tch, you're still alive?" Aster raised his mace again and slammed it down again on the guard's body. Aster grimaced as the pain form his wound began to become more prevalent, though Aster was able to shrug it off. Damn bastard was lucky. Turing his attention to another guard with a halberd; this one looking to be in much better shape. Aster charged at him using the same strategy again. He rammed the guard with his shield then slammed his mace into his head. Alright, that should kill this monster.

Wick had no other options, he had to get the cleric to do his job one way or another. But Wick knew he had not the strength to fight him, instead he had to get the others to listen. Or he could stay in sidelines...but that was not much help to anyone. Wick knew he had at least one ally in his venture, the woman who had attempted to lead them earlier. She had a grudge against that cleric as well. Wick moved to Calypso, his senses numbed by his wounds.

"Wat ar u goin tu du aboat tha cleric?" He inquired, just out of earshot of the cleric, "hi is bi-ing a huj nusense." Then Wick retreated back always, not wanting to become demon chow. As he moved he thought about the cleric, then remembered something...or had some sort of vision, for he recognized that cleric as an atoner. He walked up to the atoner, just close enough that he was the only one who could hear Wick.

"Maebi u shud rikansidur my afur, for ur oan gud." Wick shows no move to hurt him, then spoke again except this time in his native tongue.

"I knew there was something special about you...hehe, they already suspect you as a thief... I wonder what they would do if they found out that you were a murderer as well..." Wick began to laugh, a laugh he had long ago done constantly. But he had stopped, for he had forgotten. Or had he?

"So, do you want to heal us... Or take your chances with them?" He pointed to the group, breaking into another fit of laughter.

Edited by Nodney the Clone

Phaedrus after being attacked and barely dodging the brandish set by the guards decided to pull out his tome. With de ja vu he set a stance and activated the Seeker's Tome. The Inhuman Guard faltered despite bringing him mortal wounds.

I am now back on my feet, and watch as the perpetrators of our haven flee with their injuries in their cowardice. Hmph, it mattered not. Just then, I catch a bolt fly towards an injured comrade wielding a greatsword, completely incapacitating him. I then witness another comrade, this one armed with a light spear and still somewhat in form, lunge towards an opening the mage made, piercing deep into his stomach. I witness blood gushing out of his mouth, and though he moves in an attempt to fight off his assailant, his body would no longer obey. My comrade removes the spear from his stomach, the force pushing the mage's body forward until it fell to the ground, a pool of blood forming underneath him.

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 0 / 37 EP: 21 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Dead.

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 20 / 37 EP: 23 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Phaedrus

What was once a quest for knowledge led the Seeker to the Tower. Now, without a past to return to, he can only move forward, and hope that the knowledge gained can compensate for the humanity lost.

Starting Stats: Level 10

HP: 0 / 34 EP: 7 / 45 Str: 5 Mnd: 15 Skl: 13 Ini: 9 Adp: 9 End: 4 Wil: 7

Starting Skill: Soul Arrow (Launch a <soul> magical attack for (1.0 Atk) with a compatible tome or staff catalyst. Long range. – 5 EP)

Starting Equipment:

E - Seeker’s Tome (Type: Catalyst Mt: 4 + (1.0 Mnd) Hit: 90 Crit: 0 Wt: 2)

(Reach: Minimum, Durability: Average)

E - Scholar’s Robes (Def: 1 + (0.5 End) Res: 3 + (0.25 Mnd + 0.5 Wil Bonus: + 2 Mnd)

Dagger (Type: Physical Mt: 4 + (0.25 Str + 0.5 Skl + 0.5 Ini) Hit: 95 Crit: 10 Wt: 3 Bonus Effect: Critical hits deal 1.5x more damage)

(Reach: Very short, Durability: Average)

Overall:

Atk: 21 Hit: 116 Crit: 6 (Seeker’s Tome) Atk: 15 Hit: 121 Crit: 16 (Dagger)

Def: 3 Res: 9 Avo: 18

AS: 9 Agi: 9

Dead.

The cleric who was, just a moment ago, so courageous in the face of our adversary, retreated into the cover of his comrades, though his presence was made obvious by a glaring light amongst the bodies of our enemies. Though my comrades hoped to pursue the bastard, they were not able to reach him before being intercepted by a wild warrior, who danced crudely a great spear into the heart of one of our halberdiers.

Cyril

HP: 46 / 58 EP: 20 / 62 Str: 9 Mnd: 8 Skl: 7 Ini: 11 Adp: 11 End: 10 Wil: 17

Starting Equipment:

Overall:

Teala

A man hardened by the wilderness and tempered by the beasts, so much so that he has become the embodiment of one himself. What madness the Predator is consumed with, is kept in check by an extraordinary will to survive.

Starting Stats: Level 13

HP: 56 / 56 EP: 30 / 40 Str: 16 Mnd: 1 Skl: 8 Ini: 13 Adp: 12 End: 13 Wil: 8

Starting Equipment:

E - Heavy Spear (Type: Physical Mt: 10 + (0.75 Str + 0.25 Dex) Hit: 80 Crit: 0 Wt: 10 Bonus Effect: Negate target base armor def)

(Reach: Long, Durability: High)

E - Highlander Plates (Def: 5 + (0.75 End) Res: +2 + (0.25 Mnd + 0.5 Wil) Wt: 4)

Overall:

Atk: 24 Hit: 96 Crit: 4

Def: 14 Res: 6 Avoid: 24

AS: 13 Agi: 12

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 0 / 37 EP: 19 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Dead.

The knight once again took the offensive against the halberdier who had downed him, but this time with renewed resolve he successfully slammed his shield into my ally's chest before bringing his mace across my comrade's head, disconnecting it from the neck and sending an occupied helmet flying into the other side of the room.

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 0 / 37 EP: 13 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Dead.

Aster

A man of great dedication to a cause he/she can no longer remember. Even though he cannot remember his cause, the Zealot continues to stride forward with an iron resolve as a wall of his faith.

HP: 46 / 62 EP: 42 / 60 Str: 13 Mnd: 6 Skl: 9 Ini: 4 Adp: 6 End: 16 Wil: 14

Equipment:

E - Morning Star (Type: Physical Mt: 8 + (1.0 Str) Hit: 75 Crit: 5 Wt: 7 Bonus Effect: Negate target base armor def)

Overall:

With only the wild man and the knight standing opposed to the rest of my men, the other enemies hiding behind their cover, we converge and lay a unified assault on the knight, so that we may break their defense and finish off their injured, whose suffering their cleric seemed either ignorant or apathetic about. Our charge, however, is met by a retort from their witch; a dark orb flies into my chest, incapacitating me and completely disabling my body. I can no longer move, and my body won't respond any longer, but I still witness the plight of my guard against the knight. My halberdier comrade then launches a powerful attack that does cut - however it's stopped by the knight's own perseverance, slicing only to the blade of his shoulder, before he was flung across the room by a powerful swing of the knight's mace.

Aster

HP: 38 / 62 EP: 43 / 60 Str: 13 Mnd: 6 Skl: 9 Ini: 4 Adp: 6 End: 16 Wil: 14

Equipment:

Overall:

Calypso

A twisted soul seeking the power of Demons. Without fear of death, and the will to overcome and master the ceaseless darkness, the Corrupter will stop at nothing to gain the power that is beyond human imagination.

HP: 17 / 37 EP: 20 / 54 Str: 6 Mnd: 13 Skl: 10 Ini: 14 Adp: 4 End: 5 Wil: 13

Equipment:

Cursed Chime (Type: Catalyst Mt: 6 + (1.25 lowest Mnd/Wil) Hit: 85 Crit: 0 Wt: 4)

Witch Robes (Def: 2 + (0.5 end) Res: 5 + (0.75 lowest Mnd/Wil) Wt: 2 Bonus: + 1 Atk if equipped with Catalyst)

Overall:

Atk: 23 Hit: 105 Crit: 5

Def: 4 Res: 14 Avo: 8

AS: 14 Agi: 4

Inhuman Guard

Equipment:

Overall:

Incapacitated.

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 11 / 37 EP: 13 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

[spoiler=OoC battle report]

bastard sword x4

4 dead

light spear x 4

1 @ 20 / 37 hp

1 incapacitated

2 dead

halberd x 4

1 @ 11 / 37 hp

3 dead

Phaedrus died.

Edited by Cancer Lancer

Teala hadn't expected the quiet one to go down first, but this wasn't the time or place to mourn the dead. He'd have to make sure the one that killed the mage didn't get any ideas into its undead head. Before it could fully wheel around, he charged at the one who'd downed Phaedrus.

Cyril, now feeling better after healing himself, ignored Wick and charged towards battle to finish off the foes. Since it worked so well last time he feigned an attack then rolled behind his adversary to hopefulyl land a devastating blow.

Edited by Shamison

Before Calypso could translate Wick's accent, he was already off to confront the Cyril. Indeed, their supposed healer had become a pain in her side (or in this case, her shoulder). The two remaining enemies were being dealt with, so while Cyril was occupied, the witch approached Wick, stepping over poor Phaedrus to get to him. She only spared the fallen seeker a small pitying glimpse before addressing Wick.

"Hey," Calypso said before continuing in a whisper. "I say we let him fight alone. We'll stand back and defend each other while he takes everyone on. If he wants to go this alone, let whatever is in this tower pick him off. We'll make sure that ring of his doesn't go to waste."

The witch hissed as the pain returned full force. She held her arm tighter over her wound and took cover behind wick. With her free arm, Calypso began forming another sphere in case their foes did not fall. She waited until one of them approached herself or Wick before unleashing her magical wrath.

Wick agreed with Calypso, although he did not wish any harm to come upon the atoner. He saw, however, that the two weakened enemies would prove no challenge to the atoner and the knight.

"Ai agri, but stei bihind mi. I wil protekt u two." He said, addressing both Calypso and Liss at the same time. He readied his hand on his blade's hilt, prepared to quickly slice through anyone who came near him or the two women he was protecting. He would not be weak. Could not be weak.

"May God protect us in this hellish tower" Wick said in his native trongue.

I watch as the wild warrior charges into the ally who had taken the mage's life. With unparalleled fury, my comrade is powerless to stop the warrior from smashing his spear into him. The warrior goes for another strike to finish him, but this hit is blocked by a quick reaction from my comrade's decayed shield. He then counters and pierces the warrior, but to little effect. The warrior goes for a third strike, and lynches my comrade's dead body on his heavy spear as he raises it as if to assert dominance.

Teala

A man hardened by the wilderness and tempered by the beasts, so much so that he has become the embodiment of one himself. What madness the Predator is consumed with, is kept in check by an extraordinary will to survive.

Starting Stats: Level 13

HP: 50 / 56 EP: 5 / 40 Str: 16 Mnd: 1 Skl: 8 Ini: 13 Adp: 12 End: 13 Wil: 8

Starting Equipment:

E - Heavy Spear (Type: Physical Mt: 10 + (0.75 Str + 0.25 Dex) Hit: 80 Crit: 0 Wt: 10 Bonus Effect: Negate target base armor def)

(Reach: Long, Durability: High)

E - Highlander Plates (Def: 5 + (0.75 End) Res: +2 + (0.25 Mnd + 0.5 Wil) Wt: 4)

Overall:

Atk: 24 Hit: 96 Crit: 4

Def: 14 Res: 6 Avoid: 24

AS: 13 Agi: 12

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 0 / 37 EP: 22 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Dead.

I then watch as the cleric, now healed and vigorous once again, assail my only standing halberdier comrade. He dives forward, attempting to get behind my comrade, but to little avail; the halberdier swings his halberd to intercept the dive, and strikes the cleric mid-roll heavily. The cleric, hindered by the strike, attempted to counter and finish the halberdier off, but the wound stopped him from landing his first blow as my comrade made a well timed backstep - this didn't stop him from getting struck by a second slash built on the cleric's momentum, however. Then, an orb of darkness flies to where the halberdier stood, and his body is flung by the impact of the magic across the room, confirming that he too, had perished.

Cyril

HP: 30 / 58 EP: 9 / 62 Str: 9 Mnd: 8 Skl: 7 Ini: 11 Adp: 11 End: 10 Wil: 17

Starting Equipment:

Overall:

Calypso

A twisted soul seeking the power of Demons. Without fear of death, and the will to overcome and master the ceaseless darkness, the Corrupter will stop at nothing to gain the power that is beyond human imagination.

HP: 17 / 37 EP: 12 / 54 Str: 6 Mnd: 13 Skl: 10 Ini: 14 Adp: 4 End: 5 Wil: 13

Equipment:

Cursed Chime (Type: Catalyst Mt: 6 + (1.25 lowest Mnd/Wil) Hit: 85 Crit: 0 Wt: 4)

Witch Robes (Def: 2 + (0.5 end) Res: 5 + (0.75 lowest Mnd/Wil) Wt: 2 Bonus: + 1 Atk if equipped with Catalyst)

Overall:

Atk: 23 Hit: 105 Crit: 5

Def: 4 Res: 14 Avo: 8

AS: 14 Agi: 4

Inhuman Guard

Level 8 HP: 0 / 37 EP: 7 / 29 Str: 14 Mnd: 2 Skl: 12 Ini: 10 Adp: 5 End: 9 Wil: 4

Equipment:

Overall:

Dead.

It seems all of my comrades have fallen. My conscious, too, begins to fade. And so, we rest knowing our failure, in preventing the desecration of our sacred grounds, by these humans of a peculiar fate.

[spoiler=OoC]

Level up! - Wick, Liss, Calypso (Level 11 -> 12) (You have 3 points to spend on your parameters. You cannot raise a stat by more than 1 point per level)

Phaedrus is now able to be revived at the next checkpoint.

The room is now still of hostility. There are 4 open doors, 2 on the left and 2 on the right sides of the huge hall, leading to rooms full of darkness. There is 1 grand door at the far end of the hall, in the centre, led to by majestic arches and columns.

Edited by Cancer Lancer

Cyril walked over to Calypso. "I see that you and your allies are in need of healing. I will make you a deal you cant refuse. I will heal you and everyone else for the rest if this journey if you put me in a postion of authority. You vouch for me as your second in command." And with that offer on the table Cyril healed himself.

Aster stood above the corpse of one of the guards, panting from his injuries. Placing one of his hands over his chest, Aster reverently said, "May their souls be purified in the afterlife." Turning back to the rest of his comrade, Aster spotted the corpse of Phaedrus. "And may your soul rest in peace." Walking back to Calypso to discuss with her about the other members and what they should do, Aster overheard Cyril's deal to heal everyone. Second in command? What would that even do? It's not like we will follow the witch indefinitely. Even then we wouldn't need to listen to you. Though Aster did not voice his opinions on Cyril's logic; instead he saw a chance to get him to heal everyone. Walking past Calypso, Aster said under his breath so only she could hear, "Humor him for now, he doesn't seem to realize the flaw in his plan."

Edited by Cero