What Pairings do you see in StreetPass often?

UnknownUber

Here in Italy I see mostly ChromxF!Unit around (And most of them are in easy mode so it's not a matter of 'let's survive the Lunatics). Actually, in 25 F!unit I gathered.... 24 are married with Chrom and the last one was just too early in the game (you could tell looking at the party and the levels).

For Male!Avatar I see more diversity but one of the most recurring pairings is ChromxSumia.

The kids in my college are pretty boring. 8U They only go for the "best" pairings. That means I see a lot of Stahl!Severas, GaleForce Noire/Nah/Kjelle, etc... Stahl's hair is so HIDEOUS on Severa, why would they torture themselves like this?

I primarily see F!RobinxChrom, ChromxSumia and ChromxOlivia when I actually tried to decipher pairings. These days though, since I have maxed out Renown, I don't care as much when I just either buy stuff or dismiss the teams.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Compiled all the avatars I've streetpassed (and the one I'm using for SP up top) for my own statistical purposes

Only recorded Chrom and Avatar Pairs for simplicities sakes, I'll be doing the rest now

mwt6IBw.png

Overwhelming Chrom x Sumia, Male avatar pairs are fairly diverse, though Lissa seems to have the most entries at 4; Female overwhelmingly lean Chrom

I assume the nones are just the streetpass at the time is not up to chapter 11 yet

Edited by Thor Odinson

I mean even without Chrom being MAIN CHARACTER and all he's the only pair you can get doublemorgan with a female MU and I guess it doesn't apply so much here since I'm the only L+ on that list (though with the surge of new players, Hard may be legitimately hard for them and using ChromMU could still help) but he is certainly the most convenient and powerful pair for FeMU during storyline on the harder modes, so I probably wouldn't pin the factor on just MAIN CHARACTER attractiveness even though it is certainly and undeniably a major part of his appeal too

He has a pretty significant storymode gameplay advantage over the other males, and depending on if you value 2 morgan vs 3rd gen he may be attractive for postgame too for FeMU players, vs guys get options if they want 2 kids

But i guess FeMU gets galeforce so it evens out

or something

I do have to note that for statistical purposes, the sample of this data was taken from my university which

1) has an anime club (that plays ssb4 all the time) and a decent amount of FE fans prior to Awakening

2) is kinda a "nerd school" (our CS department's pretty strong, for example) and I guess there's a lot of gamers who may be new to FE but just don't wanna be called a casual, or something idk

Edited by Thor Odinson

In addendum to the dataset I provided above, I documented all pairings from my SP sample. Here are the pairings that occur 4 or more times aside from SumiaChrom, MUChrom, and LissaMU:

Sully/Virion

Sully/Stahl

Sully/Donnel

Maribelle/Ricken

Gaius/Cordelia (I have no idea why)

Nowi/Donnel (this one is VERY popular around here)

Tharja/Henry

In addendum to the dataset I provided above, I documented all pairings from my SP sample. Here are the pairings that occur 4 or more times aside from SumiaChrom, MUChrom, and LissaMU:

Sully/Virion

Sully/Stahl

Sully/Donnel

Maribelle/Ricken

Gaius/Cordelia (I have no idea why)

Nowi/Donnel (this one is VERY popular around here)

Tharja/Henry

Man, Sully really gets around. /shot

Then again, Sully is amazing, so this is to be expected.

Edited by The Geek

Lol

technically it's the other ones not even on that list that get around because they have a bunch of 1s and 2s all over the place whoa

I should just link my spreadsheet, actually. Some non-pairing related data in there as well. Previously noted university sample bias etc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MWnGaU-IDeIafYRutbGqNrQG3qXcD1wEqWthlRPqjn0/edit#gid=0

Edited by Thor Odinson

Chrom!Cynthia,Libra!Owain and Chrom!Inigo.I don't get streetpass teams much,okay?

Why is the ability to connect with people ruining the fun that was meant to be?Jeez,first Pokemon and now Fire Emblem.I'll stick with my pairs of what you'd call 'faulty' thank you.

Edited by Shinehollow

Got five new streetpass teams today, walking around in a mall was.... great for my streetpass needs, and of course four Avatars married with Chrom. The male one was at least a pleasant surprise because he married Miriel. And it's always nice to see her getting some love.

For FeMU it is usually Chrom. But when it isn't him it's either Owain or Lon'qu. The fangirls have no diversity.

For MaMU I see a lot more diversity. Lucina, Lissa, Cordelia, and Nowi are all common.

Other pairings I see are Chrom x Sumia, Lissa x Lon'qu,and Stahl x Sully

I am saddened at the lack of Sumia and MU pairs.

This. Sumia is just so wonderful. Only Cherche beats her for me, but she is at a very close second for best waifu.

So I took an actual tally of the number of times I've seen each individual pair in Streetpass teams (and believe me, I've seen a lot) and here's the numbers I got.

The most common, appearing in 20 different Streetpass teams, was Chrom/Sumia.

Second most common, at 9 appearances each, were Chrom/F!Avatar and Gaius/Tharja.

Third most popular, at 8 appearances, was Stahl/Cordelia.

Most popular pair for the Male Avatar was Nowi but only because she appeared 3 times while Lissa, Sumia, Cordelia, and Lucina all appeared twice. For the Female Avatar it was Chrom by a huge margin, with every other pair having only one appearance.

Considering that the game literally tells you to pair Chrom and Sumia as an introduction to the mechanic and the fact that they gain supports at WTF speeds, I'm not surprised. Also not surprised that Chrom is the most popular Robin pair.