What happens in the barracks doesnt always stay in the barracks...

Dragoncat

Post your favorite things characters have said in the barracks here.

It's midnight here...wtf is sleep...but I popped into the barracks and Lon'qu told me to go to sleep cause it's late. Okay...look in the mirror. You're up too. You're acting mighty suspicious and yes, I guess I have nothing better to do, like you always accuse me of in the daytime. Why do I find your antics cute? Morgan just might be conceived tonight...did I say that out loud? Crap...

Then I decided to screenshot it after I already turned the game off. Came back and he wasn't there. Love you too, dear. Lol he must be camera shy. How adorable...oh hi Libra. Nice of you to say that, but I think the gods are determined to keep me awake at this blasted hour. Insomnia sucks.

Other than that situation there, Henry once asked me if I thought staring at the sunset would melt eyeballs. I..don't know. Why would you want to find out? Sounds painful...

Basilio asking Tiki if she's "slipping back from a naughty night in town". Or him asking Tharja that. Or Lucina, or Morgan, or pretty much anyone, actually (except Emmeryn. He's more polite to her). I can't believe the ESRB let them get away with that.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I liked when Frederick talked about knitting stuff! I thought that was so cute, a guy like him knitting clothes! It made me imagine him doing so for baby Morgan, especially since he offers to make a jacket for his child. Just d'awww.

[7/5/2014 18:06:10] Freohr Datia: wh-what, vaike how could you ;~;

[7/5/2014 18:07:01] Freohr Datia: he asked Virion if they could team up next time and Virion was so enthusiastic, saying bards would sing of them!

[7/5/2014 18:07:37] Freohr Datia: then just a minute later he's already asking Tharja if she'd like to team up next time

[7/5/2014 18:07:45] Freohr Datia: poor Virion ;~;

[7/5/2014 18:07:51] Mr. Sparkles: ;~;

[7/5/2014 18:07:57] Mr. Sparkles: friend zoned

[7/5/2014 18:08:40] Freohr Datia: AND NOW THAT MADE HIM GET A SUPPORT WITH HER

[7/5/2014 18:08:45] Freohr Datia: VIRION ;A;

Pretty sure there were strip clubs or something similar back in the day. In the japanese version Gaius and Chrom apparently go to one...holy crap.

Lol, haircut...but he's a bald guy! That's just mean.

Pretty sure there were strip clubs or something similar back in the day. In the japanese version Gaius and Chrom apparently go to one...holy crap.

There were brothels, which is a fancy name for a whorehouse. Chrom and Gaius visited something more like a carnival though, flame jugglers were mentioned but not anything lewd.

There were brothels, which is a fancy name for a whorehouse. Chrom and Gaius visited something more like a carnival though, flame jugglers were mentioned but not anything lewd.

I heard it was a red light district...source?

One time after Chapter 9 I had Chrom and Lissa speaking in the barracks and Lissa says "you sure look happy today" and its like what the hell guys your sister just died

Bad timing xD

I heard it was a red light district...source?

Erm, let me find it. Here-

Gaius:

Finished your preparations? Ready to sample life outside the gilded cage?

Chrom:

Preparations? I wasn't aware that–

Gaius:

Aw, come on! You want to dress up a bit, don’t you? …I mean, I would.

Chrom:

Look, I don’t know what you’re talking about. Where are we going anyway? How am I supposed to prepare when I have no idea what’s going on?

Gaius:

Seriously, Blue?! Gods, if you royals aren't the most coddled set of… Look, we’re going out to have fun. You know about fun, right? So try to wear something that doesn't look like it was stolen from a corpse.

Chrom:

Hey, I have a very keen fashion sense, thank you very much!

Gaius:

…Well, I suppose those clothes’ll have to do, then. Come on, Blue. Quit your grumblin’. I’ll explain on the way.

Chrom:

B–but, wait!

Gaius:

Ha ha! So,… What’d you think?

Chrom:

It was… interesting.

Gaius:

Yeah, but was it FUN?!

Chrom:

Well, I suppose so. I’d never seen a man juggle flaming hams before… And when those acrobats got into a knife fight…that really was something.

Gaius:

I know you’re overwhelmed. It’s a lot to take in. Still, we did what we set out to do.

Chrom:

And what was that, exactly?

Gaius:

To show you a slice of the real world!

Chrom:

Ah, yes.

Gaius:

So then? Still think you’re trapped in a prison made of diamonds and baby tears? Today you wanted to experience something new, and that’s exactly what we did! No one tried to stop you. No one asked for your autograph. Nothing stood in the way except your own royal reserve. King or traveling minstrel, the world is as narrow or wide as you make it.

Chrom:

You’re saying it’s not duty that holds me back…but self–pity? Gods… I’ve been such a self–indulgent arse…

Gaius:

Aw, don’t be too hard on yourself, Blue. Those silk–clad shoulders carry a heavier burden than I’d be willing to bear. Just remember–attitude and outlook go a long way toward making your world.

Chrom:

And you took me to that den of iniquity just to teach me that lesson?

Gaius:

Naw, I like going there, but I can’t afford it unless some sap foots the bill. But you be sure to let me know when you want to go again, all right?

Chrom:

…Maybe later.

Yeah no prostitutes here, unless the "hams" mentioned are shapely buttocks, in which case this conversation takes a jarring change of tone.

*pulls up a chair and pops popcorn*

I want the exact translation, SOC...that is if you're good enough at translating. Like...what do they say that says red light district?

Thank you for sounding demanding.

Ask someone else for a full translation because entitlement while questioning my translation skills will get you nowhere.

Go read it yourself.

[/pride]

盛り場 = The "amusement quarter" which is basically the nice, CERO B rating way to say 歓楽街 (Pleasure Quarter) Red-light district.

However, it is all up to your interpretation.

That is exactly why they were vague about it.

Edited by shadowofchaos