Crossbows

You should've seen this from enemy warriors in part 2. Warriors can't use regular bows anymore, but crossbows are game.

This.

Warriors of the GBA titles were able to use bows, which was quite useful in certain situations.

Edited by Raven

Crossbows in part two always catch me by surprise, my first time playing part two chapter chapter three, Marcia was slaughtered because I thought he was holding an axe and wasn't in range ._.

Same thing happens in Endgame, as well as Brom getting smacked around with a hammer.

Lesson learned, always check weapons before hand. (Bad habit of assuming that they have regular iron/steel weapons, which reminds me, the other day Guy was owned by a pirate with a Swordslayer at Port of Badon..)

Edited by Wil

That... is almost as bad as Elincia getting owned by a crossbow in Part II.

LOL, that always happens to me on 2-F.

I liked to use bows with warriors because they really put them to good use with their high strength.

Sadly the fact they can only use crossbows in FE10 kind of defeats this purpose.

Crossbows are pretty much instant death to pegasi and bird laguz, so they definatly have their uses.

I still think it's kinda pointless that you get the Arbalest only a few chapters before Double Bow, though.

Yeah, i only mentioned laguz because you get a beastfoe skill on part one. And since the DB chapters in part three have lots of laguz enemies, a unit with beastfoe and a crossbow combined do killer damage. On 3-6, Nolan, with beastfoe, was doing around 65 damage per hit with a crossbow. He gained levels like crazy.