• Saleh
    • Soren
    • Bastian
    • Sephiran
    • Miriel
    • Henry
    • Pent
    • Julia

Who do you think is the greatest spell-slinger in fire emblem?

I'm not talking stat-wise, but according to their worlds individual worlds and canons.

Who do you think is the most intellectual and capable of these mages?

If you think I've missed someone? just say it in your comment cause I just took some that came to my mind as great wizards in the different stories and might have missed someone.

Edit: added Pent, and the reason all mages aren't here is cause I tried to think of those who are possibly among the stronger ones in lore.

Edit: added Julia

Edited by that one person

Chances are it's probably Gato overall.

In Jugdral I'd consider Alvis but he probably has better things to do than being the best wizard around. In Elibe that title would go to Athos and then Niime. In Magvel I'd go for Saleh's grandma. Tough choice in Tellius thanks to Spirit Charmers but I figure Sephiran might be the best thanks to his age and background. Finally, I'm not exactly who would qualify in Awakening's era, but I'd possibly consider the Avatar.

Edited by Woodshooter

THIS THREAD HAS NO PENT! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

Pent is the bestest.

Soren is best Tellius mage. Guy locks himself up in libraries and shit. Plus you know, all that dragon laguz shit goin on.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

This poll is missing a lot of people. Ilyana, Callil, Tormod, Nino, Pent, Erk, Lucius, Lute, Ray, Laurent, Tharja...

I can't vote though, since I've not used all of those characters on account of not having played every FE.

Edited by Anacybele

My guess is Lehran. While he is specifically not one of the Three Heroes, the fact that he was able to stand up to the group that defeated Dheginsea must count for something. And considering he had mantle in PoR, his power doesn't seem to be dependent on Ashera's presence.

Also, I would like to point out that Seti specifically stated that he can't overcome the Loputo Sword even with Holced.

Edited by BrightBow

gotoh and athos warp like 30 people across the continent

sure sety can blow people up with holsety, but that's about the extent of what he can do

i don't know a whole lot about the tellius dudes since i've only played FE9, so my vote is with gotoh

i don't know a whole lot about the tellius dudes since i've only played FE9, so my vote is with gotoh

I'd say Sephiran is more or less Alvis2 since while both are magically very competant, what is more apparent about them is their political power, but Sephiran has been at this for a much longer time.

Gato and Athos might as well be named Gandalf and Dumbledore.

You missed Merric. :-(

This poll is missing a lot of people. Ilyana, Callil, Tormod, Nino, Pent, Erk, Lucius, Lute, Ray, Laurent, Tharja...

I can't vote though, since I've not used all of those characters on account of not having played every FE.

I tried to think of the strongest mages lore wise from the different games, like why Gotoh is the only one from Marths games, is because I doubt anyone could actually outshine if were going by only lore and not stats.

If we're just discussing characters in the lore, Bramimond could probably Apocalypse just about everything. I'm sure Heim was incredibly powerful, too. If they have to be playable, Athos.

Yeah I was thinking about mainly playable characters.

Chances are it's probably Gato overall.

In Jugdral I'd consider Alvis but he probably has better things to do than being the best wizard around. In Elibe that title would go to Athos and then Niime. In Magvel I'd go for Saleh's grandma. Tough choice in Tellius thanks to Spirit Charmers but I figure Sephiran might be the best thanks to his age and background. Finally, I'm not exactly who would qualify in Awakening's era, but I'd possibly consider the Avatar.

And about avatar, in that case I would have to o strictly by the character Robin, since the avatar doesen't nececarily have to even be a magical class, I just decided to leave him out because a lot of people probably only see their own versions of the avatar and not the character Robin.

FE6: Lilina (I'm surprised, she's not in the list)

FE7: Nino

FE8: Lute

FE9: Ilyana

FE10: Lehran (if you got him), Sanaki

FE11: Merric and Linde (both max magic in my runs)

FE12: Merric and Linde

FE13: No idea (probably avatar, if you put magic as his strength)

I have heared that Levin is op, but I haven't played the Judgral-series yet.

So I voted for Sephiran/Lehran.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

Probably Lewyn, I mean he was possessed by Forseti in gen 2, so he'd probably be ridiculous if he actually fought with the Forseti Tome.

I don't know, isn't he just a corpse that Forseti shambles around? I assume that's the reason why he never personally fights.

There are too many mages in the FE games to list them all apparently. Also shamans, aka. the dark magic users were not included, as "dark" magic isn't magic apparently.

Either way, from power/wisdom perspective, it is probably Athos. From game perspective, Athos as well, as he joins extremely high leveled, with high stats, and he can use all sorts of magic. Every other mage starts at lower level and it depends on the player if they end up well, depending if they were used. So Athos takes the cake basically.

In personality, I call Hugh. He is simply great, and being the on of Canas helps as well.

There are too many mages in the FE games to list them all apparently. Also shamans, aka. the dark magic users were not included, as "dark" magic isn't magic apparently.

Reading what the first post said could help. There's a reason why units like Boey/Lugh/Raigh/etc. are not on the poll.

Edited by Topazd255

gotoh and athos warp like 30 people across the continent

sure sety can blow people up with holsety, but that's about the extent of what he can do

IIRC Gotoh basically founded the formal study of magic as we know it on Archanea. And he's a divine dragon. Pretty sure Athos and Sephiran are his only competition.

Ced's just a teenager with a nuclear weapon. No comparison. Now, Julius is stated to be so powerful that he can do high-level magic merely by thinking about it, and then when Julia unlocks the Naga tome she's even more powerful than Julius. Those two have Ced beat. Still voting for Gotoh because the J-twins are still kids who get superpowers thrust upon them and Gotoh actually knows what he's doing.

>Nobody votes for Miriel

Wait, really?

I like to think sometimes that I have... a decent vocabulary, but I honestly don't get 90% of the words she uses.

Anyway, yeah, still Athos. He's been alive for about 800 years, give or take. He's gotta know a lot about the world with a lot of wisdom by then.

Athos I think, even in old age he is capable of using two legendary spells and is a master of all magic, although perhaps Nergal is even stronger? I think Gotoh must be pretty good as well, creating the Starlight tome and being able to destroy Imhullu.

common sense tells me one thing, but my legal obligation to always vote in lewyn's favour tells me another

that said, i'm more seriously going to have to concur with the julius proposal, his absence from the actual poll aside