FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 12x is completed in 5 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

Important weapons

49.gifBrave Bow (ゆうしゃの弓)
B rank bow | 2 rng | 12 WT | 10 MT | 75 hit | 0 crit | Attacks twice consecutively

The Brave Bow is an incredibly useful weapon. Compared to the Brave Axe, it has the same MT, but notably 4 less WT and 20 more hit. It also has good potential users.

There are 2 other qualities that set the Brave Bow apart from the Brave Axe. One is that most enemies cannot counter a bow attack, so a Brave Bow user can inflict free damage. The other is that there are 3 flier bosses in FE6 who more or less die instantly to a Brave Bow attack.

How valuable is the Brave Bow? You could have killed the druid at 2:55 with a Killer Bow as well, assuming that Shin gets one of two times a criticial with his 32 crit... I´m always anxious about using unique weapons to save them for later, hence my question.

are we going to get miledy for christmas?

its technically worth it to get the antitoxin since its worth more than one chest key use anyway.

since i had to buy a chest key at full price, each use is 300G, whereas a full antitoxin sells for 225G.

How valuable is the Brave Bow? You could have killed the druid at 2:55 with a Killer Bow as well, assuming that Shin gets one of two times a criticial with his 32 crit... I´m always anxious about using unique weapons to save them for later, hence my question.

the brave bow is very valuable, but of course i manage my weapons carefully.

not using the key and ending up selling it is worse though, that's what I meant. Theoretically it was still -75g though.

also

You didn't fucking answer the question. Are we getting Miledy for Christmas or not?????

Edited by General Horace

Chapter 13 is completed in 5 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

New characters

RhdHv3Q.png

Milady (ミレディ) - Wyvern rider L10
39 HP | 17 str | 15 skl | 13 spd | 16 def | 4 res | 8 luk | 9 con | 7 mov | C lances

Oh my god. Where do I begin.

Milady has the perfect combination of flight, offense, and defense. She just needs a quick promotion and a couple of Speedwings to patch up her middling spd, and then the rest of the game is nothing to her. With or without growths, Milady is the best unit in FE6.

Her timing is just perfect, too, because previous staples such as Marcus and Rutger are past their peak.

Important weapons

27.gifHorseslayer (ナイトキラー)
D rank lance | 1 rng | 13 WT | 11 MT | 75 hit | 0 crit | Eff against cavalry

The Horseslayer is a lance that has a massive 33 (sometimes 36) MT against enemy cavaliers and paladins. It’s great for tactically removing enemy cavalry and tearing enemy paladin bosses to pieces.

Mechanics notes

Ballistae

wWNoR0G.png
An enemy sniper, marked by the cursor, manning a ballista. An enemy archer is using the other ballista in the screenshot.

Ballistae are weapons that can attack from an extended range. FE6 ballistae are situated in predetermined locations on the map, and thus they are generally far more useful to enemies than they are to the player. Nevertheless, allied archers and snipers can commandeer ballistae and use them for their purposes.

FE6 features 3 types of ballista:

52.gifBallista (アーチ)
E rank bow | 3 ~ 10 rng | 20 WT | 8 MT | 70 hit | 0 crit | Eff against fliers

53.gifLong Ballista (ロングアーチ)
E rank bow | 3 ~ 15 rng | 20 WT | 13 MT | 60 hit | 0 crit | Eff against fliers

54.gifKiller Ballista (キラーアーチ)
E rank bow | 3 ~ 10 rng | 20 WT | 12 MT | 65 hit | 10 crit | Eff against fliers

A ballista is not “equipped” except for the moment when its user is attacking. Therefore, units aboard a ballista are not inhibited by its 20 WT and can counterattack with their equipped bows.

can someone check on /r/fireemblem and see if my post for chapter 13 shows up

Edited by dondon151

Thanks for taking the time to put these last ones out evry day or so, they're very fun to listen to.

Would Percival/Miledy still be important members of your team without their HM bonuses? I feel like Miledy would mostly serve as a more defensive Tate with her NM bases

Out of curiosity, would you consider Miledy the most valuable unit in the run? You basically said as much in the video, but considering the timing of her arrival and what others like Rutger have done, I'm wondering how you see it.

Efficient in Fire Emblem playing, efficient in video production when school isn't in the way. The hero we need.

Would Percival/Miledy still be important members of your team without their HM bonuses? I feel like Miledy would mostly serve as a more defensive Tate with her NM bases

Take into consideration that Tate has HM bonuses as well.

the video quality is really bad because of all of the flying sand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAYdpCvfgaM

Chapter 14 is completed in 4 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

New characters

58QyqMe.png
Cecilia (セシリア) - Valkyrie L1
30 HP | 11 mag | 7 skl | 10 spd | 7 def | 13 res | 10 luk | 6 con | 8 mov | A anima, C staves

Those stats are kind of terrible, but make no mistake: Cecilia is a great unit. For now, she’s the only unit other than Saul who can use important C rank staves. With her base A rank anima, Cecilia can also satisfy some odd combat niches despite her bad base offensive stats.

tYrho9M.png
Sophia (ソフィーヤ) - Shaman L1

There are no words.

Important items

97.gifBoots (ブーツ)
A Boots boosts a unit’s mov by 2 points.

The Boots is one of the items that permanently boost a unit’s stats. They deserve a separate entry here because movement is more valuable than the other stats.

116.gifSilver Card (シルバーカード)
The Silver Card grants its holder the ability to purchase weapons and items at half price.

In some FE installments, the Silver Card isn’t very important because the game gives the player enough money to come out his ears. In FE6, there is no such thing as too much money, and consequently, the Silver Card is an extremely important item.

Mechanics notes

Desert item trick

Desert maps exist in all 3 of the GBA Fire Emblem games, and typically in the Fire Emblem franchise, where there is a desert, there are also items hidden in the sand. These items can be found when a unit performs an action over a specified area of the map. In FE6 and FE7, thieves are guaranteed to find hidden items, whereas other units have a 9% chance of finding a hidden item (in FE8, this is a luk + 1 % chance).

Crrwe2v.png
Cecilia finds a Boots hidden in the desert.

Whether a non-thief unit finds a hidden item depends on a secondary RNG. Unlike the primary RNG that is used to determine hits, crits, and stat gains, the secondary RNG is reset every time the game is restarted. Like the primary RNG, the secondary RNG also has a fixed seed. The secondary RNG is advanced every time a unit’s portrait appears on the screen, which provides an easy method of manipulation. There are infinite ways to go about doing this trick, but I will only include the 2 simplest procedures.

Variant 1: Reset the game, view a unit’s stat sheet, and then move on top of a hidden item. Rescue, take, give, and drop commands are allowed.

Variant 2: Reset the game, move on top of a hidden item, and then view a unit’s item or attack menu 8 times and perform an action. This is useful if the unit needs to use an item or attack.

Would you consider 0% growths easier or harder on nm? Because it seems like rutger is a crucial unit in the run, but on mm he would have two less str. Same with shin and a whole lot of other units.

Can't speak for dondon but I really don't think this is a difficult question to answer. Rutger loses about as much in stats as the enemies do in a transition from HM to NM, prolly less than most of them since the enemies only get more bonuses as the game goes on. And a lot of other units gain stats relative to the enemy by absurd amounts.

Although there's a lot of HM powered characters that are important to this run, come to think about it. Milady, Zeis, Tate, Shin, Percival, Klein...but still, people like Echidna, Igrene, Marcus, Zealot, etc become so much stronger compared to enemies that I think it's a no brainer. Think about Ch1 for instance, where Marcus can now ORKO while Alan and Lance can 2RKO.

Edited by Mekkah

hey guys i wrote a holiday story for chapter 14 it's great

[spoiler=]

At any other time, the scorching heat, barren landscape, and ferocious sandstorms would have tested the resolve of even the most battle-hardened warriors, but despite the harsh environment, a cheerful mood permeated the camp of Roy's Lycia Alliance Army. Though many would have preferred to spend the holiday season in a more peaceful place, the spirit of the season had infected every member of the army with a preternatural optimism.

Lilina awoke to the sound of energetic conversation - not that it would have taken much to wake her in the first place. Racked by anxiety, she had been unable to fall asleep the night before, and it took a second for her to remember why she had been so anxious in the first place: today was the date of the gift exchange.

"Oh, no, I couldn't think of a present for Roy... I hope he likes the Silver Card I got... It can be used anywhere to buy items at half price!"

Lilina stepped out of her tent to investigate the ongoing discussion outside. Half of the camp was up earlier than usual, every person in eager anticipation of the gifts they will receive. Lilina turned her head and overheard Tate and Cecilia chattering nearby.

"General Cecilia, with whom were you assigned to exchange gifts?"

"I'm exchanging gifts with Milady. Don't tell her, but I hope she likes the pair of Boots that I got for her... They're super stylish! They look great on ladies in battle."

A faint blush crept across Cecilia's face.

"What about you, Tate?"

"Oh, I was assigned to Father Saul... That creepy lecher always hits on the pretty girls, but he never talks to me. I considered putting him in his place, but I decided to get him something useful instead."

"What did you get him?"

"... A Warp staff."

Cecilia's eyes grew wide with amazement. She had always wanted a Warp staff since she was a little girl, but could never find one.

A hush fell across the camp as Roy walked over to address the army. The mood of eager anticipation quickly changed to bewilderment, and then disappointment, as the members saw not a joyful grin on Roy's face as expected, but instead a pained grimace.

"I'm sorry to inform you..."

Roy paused for a second.

"I'm sorry to inform all of you that the sandstorm last night blew away the tent in which all of the gifts for the gift exchange were being kept. Given the current state of affairs... The gift exchange will be cancelled."

Silence. Roy turned to walk away, but Lilina suddenly found herself exclaiming loudly.

"No! We can't cancel the gift exchange! We've already put so much effort into getting the gifts! And... We were all looking forward to this! Roy, we have to get those items back!"

A wave of nods spread out from the epicenter on which Lilina stood as a sound of mumbled agreement grew to a faint roar.

"I must object to this! It is dangerous out there! We don't know what lurks in the sandstor--"

"Shut up, old man. You can't die, anyway"

Merlinus shrinked against the multitude of glares pointed in his direction. Roy, sensing the wishes of his audience, spoke decisively.

"If that is the wish of everyone here... Then that is what we shall do! Lycia Alliance Army, move out!"

So that's the real story behind chapter 14, plot be damned.

mekkah says:

10/10 christmas story
would read to kids