FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

out of curiosity, was Douglas actually the best candidate to take out that Hero (and who didn't have anything else to do) or did you pick Douglas over other candidates just for the novelty?

He actually is one of the best candidates available. From memory, the heroes on hard mode have around 17 speed and aren't weighed down by their silver swords.

In this situation, attack speed really doesn't matter since everyone is going to get doubled by the hero on the switch. Dondon is also limited to units that have the lance rank to use killer or brave lances. Since speed and movement are basically irrelevant statistics here, Douglas is perfect for the job since he has 19 strength (to do decent damage), A rank lances (to use the brave lance), and 20 defense (to survive multiple ~20 strength silver sword hits).

Edited by dogs die in hot cars

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He actually is one of the best candidates available. From memory, the heroes on hard mode have around 17 speed and aren't weighed down by their silver swords.

In this situation, attack speed really doesn't matter since everyone is going to get doubled by the hero on the switch. Dondon is also limited to units that have the lance rank to use killer or brave lances. Since speed and movement are basically irrelevant statistics here, Douglas is perfect for the job since he has 19 strength (to do decent damage), A rank lances (to use the brave lance), and 20 defense (to survive multiple ~20 strength silver sword hits).

your analysis is both spot-on and hilariously wrong (in a good way) because all of the little details are slightly off, lol.

zeiss could have done the job, but he would have had to use a killer lance and crit once, hit twice. i'm not sure if that's more or less likely than hitting 5 times, they're probably around the same likelihood. i could have done the same thing with douglas but it seemed more epic to have a brave weapon duel, plus i was rigging crits all over the chapter already and here was a place where i didn't have to rig a crit. ultimately zeiss's mobility was more useful on the right side of the map with pulling the druid and RNG abusing though.

if that guy had a brave axe instead, i would have strongly considered smashing him with garret. i might have used garret if i still had a swordreaver, too, but the swordreaver sells for a good amount of cash so i don't think i could have afforded that.

Edited by dondon151

enough of the hercules memes, guys ~_~

Wait it's a Hercules meme? I always thought it was a reference to the song by Cake.

Shows how much disney was in my childhood, it was all about Aladdin.

I'm 99% sure that it's a 4-turn. Seriously, you 4-turned about more than half of mid and lategame. (though I have no clue how midgame is defined on FE6)

EDIT: it was a good decision to leave that 1% out!

Edited by Gradivus.

Percival will save the day yet again, probably. Doesn't he need to have capped Str to ORKO Brunya with Durandal or something to that effect?

Now that we've established that that's a dead horse, let's take bets on how Ch23 is going to be done!

I'm guessing it's gonna be some 1 or 2 turn strategy that involves Yodel, Niime and Saul using Warp/Rescue staff, Lalum dancing somebody and Percival rigging a Durandal crit on the boss. Maybe Shin will be needed to do something but I don't see why more than 2 turns would be required.

I'm guessing it's gonna be some 1 or 2 turn strategy that involves Yodel, Niime and Saul using Warp/Rescue staff, Lalum dancing somebody and Percival rigging a Durandal crit on the boss. Maybe Shin will be needed to do something but I don't see why more than 2 turns would be required.

just want to point out that a 1-turn of chapter 23 is insanely hard; look at how the units are arranged near brunya. also keep in mind that i only have 2 warp and 2 rescue uses left (and also really 2 and a half warp/rescue users).

Edited by dondon151