FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

e rank

filthy casual

but seriously I really liked Mekkah's answer to my question about units, Merlinus was actually a pretty important unit at multiple points where I didn't expect him to be. Never forget warping the warp staff.

Congrats dondon, excellent playthrough in all regards. I show your videos to accquaintances I have a lot for examples of great strategic prowess and how far these games can be pushed, and I hope one day I can be as good as you are.

Also yeah my question was not really a "question" but I felt it an interesting and prudent topic to raise for some of the lesser informed viewers of this series. Thanks for answering it anyway.

This run was hella awesome. I loved showing it to my friends who have no experience with the series. When I explain that you heat then take without gaining a single stat point upon level up their minds are blown to smithereens. Please continue the series. And another guest commentator would be awesome!

The FE4 hate burns my soul

Great playthrough.

I'm surprised to see Percival only at number 4 tbh

It actually makes a lot of sense, in the early maps you don't have many opportunities to bypass enemies. Perceval is amazing but by the time he joins the team, there are way more opportunities to skip a bunch of foes, and thus, a bunch of fights for Percy.

If the strategies dondon used were less optimized, Perceval would probably be 1st in both fights and victories.

Fantastic work, making pretty much everybody else look terrible at this game!

Imo, Shin is the true unsung hero of this playthrough.

Favorite moments were that sick double-rescue chain in 8x and the Rutger recue drop on the first turn of 9.

Now that this is finished, I can mention the TAS project I hinted at earlier in the chapter. So, while a 0% growths TAS would be basically a much faster version of what dondon has done (not much in the way of improvement via strategy, at least), I figured it may be far more worthy of a TAS if I were to add a SS Rank requirement into the mix as well. Makes things entirely different, for sure, also means that critting everything isn't necessarily the best way to go. Not something I think anyone has attempted yet, but I think for a TAS it makes sense to do as having access to easy RNG manipulation makes things 'too easy' in some ways, with a ranked run the complication would come more from the strategy rather than the manipulation. At least, that's the theory.

I expect to lose a few turns compared to dondon, for reasons of pushing the requirements, also by being more limited on boots purchasing to meet the Funds rank.

I actually wanted to start this a while ago, but I figured I would wait for dondon's playthrough to finish so I can compare, and use some of the ideas here as a basis for the strategies I will use. Going to be a different kettle of fish, for sure, but part of the reason the normal TAS took 3 years to complete was that you can only plan certain things from a completed playthrough as a basis (stuff like weapon ranks, supports etc).

Would love to see this x_x

Tbh I never have watched something like this before.

Well, I've heared about LTC and actually I even try to do this at least in FE8-10, however a LTC with 0%-growths...

If someone told me it will do a challenge like this, seriously I would laugh at the first moment. It would be unimaginable for me. FE6 on hard mode isn't an easy game at all.

However this LP showed me, what you can reach with the minimum of circumstances and effort.

This was the most impressive FE LP I've watched yet and excellent learning material for me and probably some other people here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...