FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

That wasn't a TAS, btw, was a well disguised hack (left in combat animation to disguise the change), if you're talking about beamcrash's videos. The strats themselves are worth looking at, at least, but never be fooled by them.

Didn't he just heavily manipulate the RNG seeding so he could get everything he needed? It definitely looked like he burnt a ton of RNs tho...

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm referring to him changing RNs around to do whatever he wanted as opposed to RN burning.

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to add that you're doing a phenomenal job introducing someone not only to FE6 but to Fire Emblem in general. I have no reddit account, so no upvotes for you :Kappa:

But seriously, this is like cocaine. Please keep it coming.

Chapter 8 is completed in 13 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

New characters

gzbW0hJ.png
Astore
(アストール) - Thief L10
25 HP | 7 str | 8 skl | 15 spd | 7 def | 3 res | 11 luk | 8 con | 6 mov | C swords

Here is an interesting case: Astore is a thief who can also fight. His offensive stats don’t look like much, but they’re serviceable. His decent base sword rank also provides a selection that includes more than just Iron Swords.

Astore also has the movement of promoted infantry. You can think of him as a bad swordmaster.

HWCG2Qi.png
Lilina (リリーナ) - Mage L1
16 HP | 5 mag | 5 skl | 4 spd | 2 def | 7 res | 7 luk | 4 con | 5 mov | C anima

Lilina is required to recruit a couple of enemy units in later maps, and she might get in some chip damage along the way. Beyond that, she’s hitting the bench.

P3PaE0u.pngox3KnEl.pnghTP9Pfh.png
Wendy (ウェンディ) - Knight L1
Barth (バース) - Knight L9
Ogier (オージェ) - Mercenary L3

Once upon a time, there were 3 little pigs. They all went to the bench.

Mechanics notes

Promotion

The promotion mechanic has featured ever since the very first FE, and it will likely be a permanent fixture in the franchise. Even more so than leveling up, promotion is a hallmark of a unit’s seemingly instantaneous progression from neophyte to war veteran.

Most units whom you’ve seen thus far are unpromoted. The exceptions are Marcus and Zealot, whose pre-promoted status sort of denotes their status as the army’s veterans. In order for an unpromoted unit to promote, he must be at least L10 and then use the appropriate promotion item for his starting class.

FE6 features 5 promotion items:

99.gifHero Crests promote mercenaries, myrmidons, pirates, brigands, and fighters.
100.gifKnight Crests promote knights and cavaliers.
101.gifOrion’s Bolts promote archers and nomads.
102.gifElysian Whips promote wyvern riders and pegasus knights.
103.gifGuiding Rings promote shamans, mages, priests, and troubadours.

Upon promotion, units gain a fixed stat bonus, termed a promotion bonus. Promotion bonuses depend on class and typically boost all stats except for luk, even the stats that cannot grow upon level up, i.e., con and mov. They may also advance in weapon rank, gain the ability to use new weapon types, and/or gain a class critical bonus.

VXI3kjX.png
Rutger after promotion. Mister, I’ll make a man out of you.

Class critical

Swordmasters and berserkers in FE6 have a passive +30 crit bonus. They have ample destructive power with even the weakest weapons.

xo8UVEE.png
Rutger, equipped with an Iron Blade, targets an enemy archer. 30 of his 32 crit come from the swordmaster critical bonus.

enjoy the lame lord tennyson reference. and once again, please help make this a thing on r/fireemblem.

Edited by dondon151

Fuck Noah.

dondon said "reefa"

Actual comment though: Why didn't you allow Shanna to get any Javelin combat in against that Mage (instead, letting Sue engage)?

because i actually wanted to kill the guy. it's a bit more reliable that way. also i'm really obsessive-compulsive about certain weapons having even number of uses remaining and i didn't want a wounded mage to suicide on zealot's hand axe or anything like that. it's a stupid problem, but as long as there's no harm done, i see no problem with indulging it.

That's fine then. I was more curious about it than anything else; it was one of the few spots in the map that seemed to have an open-ended solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdeiWn0RMU

Chapter 8x is completed in 6 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

Important weapons

16.gifLight Brand (ひかりの剣)
C rank sword | 1 ~ 2 rng | 9 WT | 9 MT | 70 hit | 0 crit

The Light Brand is the only obtainable sword in the game that can attack from 1 and 2 range. (The other 1 ~ 2 rng swords are either unobtainable or locked to specific characters.) Unlike the Javelin and Hand Axe, the Light Brand is a normal sword from 1 range, but it counts as a magic attack from 2 range. Since physical units don’t have a mag stat in this game, the Light Brand always does 10 HP damage, regardless of enemy res, from 2 range.

88.gifBarrier (Mシールド)
C rank staff | 1 rng | Increases res by 7 points (decreases by 1 point each turn)

Most player units don’t have a whole lot of res to their name, so Barrier’s 7 res boost is often quite important. The 7 res could mean the difference between life and death, or between dodging and succumbing to status. Barrier also happens to be one of the few staves that is usable on almost any target, and I take advantage of that to grind out some EXP and WEXP on Saul.

Edited by dondon151

I'm actually trying to google a picture of the dude saying that but I can't figure out what search terms to use. "Vermilion City Red/Blue Pokemon Fan Club"? Doesn't work..

At any rate, this boss is a fucking nightmare. I can't imagine how people playing on cart can deal with this guy.

At any rate, this boss is a fucking nightmare. I can't imagine how people playing on cart can deal with this guy.

It's not really THAT bad if you opt to play conservatively. You can opt to bait him to swap to his Hand Axe to increase your chances of connecting hits with a Killing Edge with a promoted Deke or Rutger on PP (then rescuing people out the way). If you go for him when he's using the Steel Blade then with promo gains and a few levels they'll pretty reliably double him too. His resistance is also quite poor so Lugh can take potshots at him if he has no handaxe equipped.

Finally, you can rig his speed a bit lower than what's normal by not hard resetting before you start the chapter, that also helps.

Edited by Irysa

I chair the POKEMON Fan Club! I have collected over 100 POKEMON!
I'm very fussy when it comes to POKEMON! So... Did you come visit
to hear about my POKEMON?

-----------------------------------------------
-(YES)
Good! Then listen up! My favorite RAPIDASH... It...cute...lovely...
smart...plus...amazing...you think so?...oh yes...it...stunning...
kindly...love it! Hug it...when...sleeping...warm and cuddly...
spectacular...ravishing... ...Oops! Look at the time! I kept you
too long! Thanks for hearing me out! I want you to have this!

His resistance is also quite poor so Lugh can take potshots at him if he has no handaxe equipped.

using magic against bosses on thrones is not usually a good idea...

with growths, rutger can be counted on to double him, hand axe or not, and chances are he'll do 6-7 HP damage per hit with a killing edge on the guy. he can ORKO with a double crit, and with the added benefit of skl and luk growths, rutger can pull at least 60 hit and around 60 crit if he faces a hand axe.

Yeah, the chapter you bring up from FE7 is Eliwood's route Chapter 28. It's actually a pretty interesting chapter for low turns because on EHM you can only have 3 units, one of them has to be Eliwood, and they all start spread out so it's a unique challenge (partly because Eliwood is as terrible as he is), but since in HHM you go to The Berserker instead of Valorous Roland it never really comes into play, and The Berserker just gets warpskipped or something.

Edited by Reinfleche

Chapter 9 is completed in 6 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

New characters

9Q1gmrl.png
Fir (フィル) - Myrmidon L1

Why use Fir when I can use Rutger? Benched!

wiOWg0G.png
Shin (シン) - Nomad L5
29 HP | 10 str | 12 skl | 14 spd | 8 def | 1 res | 8 luk | 7 con | 7 mov | D bows

In the short term, Shin is no unstoppable juggernaut, but he is very good at safely doing large amounts of damage to enemies. In the long term, Shin is the best candidate for mounted bow user for the endgame. His poor base bow rank means that I need to invest a lot of effort into using him whenever possible.

Important weapons

85.gifTorch (トーチ)
D rank staff | 1 rng | Increases vision by 4 tiles (boost decreases by 1 tile each turn)
111.gifTorch (トーチ)
This kind of Torch also increases a unit’s vision by 4 tiles, with the boost decreasing by 1 tile each turn. Any unit can use this Torch.

The Torch staff is not a very useful staff, because thieves already get a better vision range for free. It can only be used in foggy or dark maps, but I take advantage of this to grind out some EXP and WEXP on Saul.

Mechanics notes

Fog and darkness

Fog of war is a common feature of strategy RPGs. In FE6, fog conceals the positions of enemy units, but not of terrain features. For each map that exhibits fog, player units make visible a number of tiles of a predetermined radius from his location. (In chapter 9, that distance is 6 tiles.) Enemies who are not revealed cannot be targeted, and if a player unit moves into a hidden enemy unit, his movement and turn end immediately. Enemy units are not subject to the effects of fog.

RAAKR3E.png
Chapter 9, with part of the map obscured by fog.

Thieves have a 5 tile bonus to their fog vision range. Additionally, usage of the items Torch (item) and Torch (staff) increase the user’s vision range by 4 tiles, with the effect decreasing by 1 tile each turn.

Route split 1

FE6 has alternate routes for chapters 10 and 11, in which the map designs, available items, and even some recruitable characters are entirely different. Which route the player goes to is determined by which of the 2 northeast villages he visits in chapter 9.

i4BZdgY.png
The choice of village determines the player’s destination for chapters 10 and 11.

What if the player visits neither village? The default route is the one that I’ll be taking, which I designate with an L (for Lalum, one of the unique recruitables). This is also the route should the player choose to visit the left village. The alternate route, which I designate with an E (for Elphin, Lalum’s counterpart) requires the player to visit the right village.

Edited by dondon151

"sacae" can be pronounced many ways. sah-kah, sah-see, say-kay, sah-kay, say-see, and so on. i didn't want to embarrass myself, so i used the japanese kana, "saka," as a pronunciation suggestion.

obviously the better character is lalum.

Edited by dondon151

that 8x rescue chain was rad

its too bad elphin doesn't have magic like LEVIN did, their class name is the same

the OP is way too tl;dr and I already forget, you're recruiting everyone, correct? Garret is gonna suck to recruit.

Well, he's already done it before in his last run. It looked like a total pain, but at least he doesn't have to change anything on that front (I think).