Fire Emblem - Binding Blade Remake(?)

Amiratasiru

I recall there being a remake in progress for this game a few years ago, except it seems to have died out, or it had been postponed for an unknown amount of time. This is generally an idea so far and to help me get to know Fire Emblem hacking, but I also feel that this game needs a "remake". The reason I have it in quotation marks is because I want to change the plot slightly so it's actually a sequel to Blazing Sword rather than it being a story that doesn't feel relevant to its prequel. Overall the story to this game feels a little rushed and I feel it could have been built on much more rather than it being thrown at you, especially considering it came first. I haven't really made any progress on this as of yet except for ideas and some character buffs/nerfs, but I figured I'd post this here so I could take note of what I have made progress in. I'm taking this at a casual pace so it may take some time to get actual screenshots up but until then I'll share my general idea.

Also, if the original remake is still in progress, I will likely continue with this as it's something I want to do anyways.

Differences to original:
- Unlike Blazing Sword, this game is a sequel that is inspired from the prequel, while still maintaining the plot of Binding Blade.
- Dialogue changes.
- Characters from Blazing Sword have relevance in the story besides the ones already present (e.g. Lyn, Nino, Jaffar, Isadora, Harken)
- All of the reoccurring characters have carried their "canon" supports from the previous game. (e.g. Nino and Jaffar are married. In some supports/dialogue their names are mentioned, etc)
- All characters have their stats changed around to make them more balanced. The idea is to still give them the qualities they originally have, but by changing them to feel more consistent, both to their original stats and their class.
- Redone/Slightly changed supports

- Some redone portraits for the characters with lackluster portraits.
- Lilina has her own mode replaced with Hector's.

- Lilina has her own class (Lord (Anima) > Mage Lord (Anima, Dark))
- Some classes from other additions are used to prevent classes being over used (Wendy is a Armor Sword, Lance is a Sword Knight, etc)
- Due to the influence of reoccurring characters (e.g. Lyn, Isadora, etc) the story will be slightly changed and lengthened.
- Armor Knights movement is buffed to 5 for the large maps FE6 has.

Edited by Runechan

Another one?

You can't stop it.

Idc if it's another one, just so long as it gets actual progress to show at some point.

Only two have ever even gone that far, and maybe 3-4 have a few screenshots to show. Please Rune-chan, amaze us!

I'm taking it at a casual pace, but I'll do my darndest to keep it going.

What do you mean by Lilina's story being replaced with Hector's?

Sounds like a mistake to me. I read it as FE7's Hector made being changed to Lilina's version of the FE6 story. Seeing as Hector kicks ze bucket so early on after all. But I could be wrong.

Another FE6 remake project can't hurt. We've had screenshots, but not one actual patch from the existing projects. I think Skitty's version showed the most progress - but Fractured Realms seems to have hogged all of his attention. Anyway, if you think you can see it through, go for it.

It baffles me why people who are interested in doing an FE6 remake just don't form a unified front and do that.

Then again remakes in general baffle me.

This is actually happening already.

Edited by Haku

Sounds like a mistake to me. I read it as FE7's Hector made being changed to Lilina's version of the FE6 story. Seeing as Hector kicks ze bucket so early on after all. But I could be wrong.

Another FE6 remake project can't hurt. We've had screenshots, but not one actual patch from the existing projects. I think Skitty's version showed the most progress - but Fractured Realms seems to have hogged all of his attention. Anyway, if you think you can see it through, go for it.

However you want to put it, it's just the story seen more or less in LIlina's perspective. Essentially it just means a different chapter 9 and some gaiden chapters here and there. That won't be for a while so I'm not going to think too much about it until it's needed.

Edited by Runechan

. I think Skitty's version showed the most progress - but Fractured Realms seems to have hogged all of his attention. Anyway, if you think you can see it through, go for it.

Fractured realms is my project, so of course it is.

But if you must be so nosey

It baffles me why people who are interested in doing an FE6 remake just don't form a unified front and do that.

Then again remakes in general baffle me.

Mainly because a lot of people have ideas that don't match with others(for example, I don't think Lilina needs her own story in the slightest).

Edited by Skitty of Time

Mainly because a lot of people have ideas that don't match with others(for example, I don't think Lilina needs her own story in the slightest).

Since Roy's mother is verly likely to be Manakete,

Should Roy promotes to Manakete?!

A wild perfect example attacks!

• 5 months later...