Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

I feel like if we're picking items we may as well allow all of them

I mean, part of the competitive aspect of items is learning the best way to use them

Besides, I bet that 2/3 of the people are gonna pick Omega Mode for stages of they want a truly "competitive" match, so not much point in that

We've been in tounamets before and have battled friends and not once have we ever had a use for them. We would usually only use just the Final Smash Ball turning everything else off. Those items that are allowed should be in, to make it a better experience as they aren't cheap. ...And it is as you have said that it take skill to using the ones that should be allowed in.

Edited by PuffPuff

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should host rules for whatever items are allowed and disallowed and here they are...

What should be allowed...

Blah blah blah...

What should be disallowed/banned...

Yadda yadda yadda...

As far as I know, this club is not a competitive Smash club. Therefore, it should be left to the participating players of a match to decide what items to allow in their individual matches. If you want a competitive match, just tell the folks you're playing with that you don't want those specific items and there's For Glory mode for no-items-Final-Destination stuff.

Edited by Roflolxp54

As far as I know, this club is not a competitive Smash club. Therefore, it should be left to the participating players of a match to decide what items to allow in their individual matches. If you want a competitive match, just tell the folks you're playing with that you don't want those specific items and there's For Glory mode for no-items-Final-Destination stuff.

Exactly.

Even in noncompeting environments, we still had no need for them. All that some of us have in the past never needed to have any use for them except the final smash ball. I'm mostly hosting to only allow the Final Smash Ball in as in all of my matches with friends, we have never had any need for the other items, because they're annoying and get in the way of the fights too much.

Exactly.

Even in noncompeting environments, we still had no need for them. All that some of us have in the past never needed to have any use for them except the final smash ball. I'm mostly hosting to only allow the Final Smash Ball in as in all of my matches with friends, we have never had any need for the other items, because they're annoying and get in the way of the fights too much.

OK, that's YOUR (and possibly your friends') personal rule set. Doesn't necessarily apply to everybody else in the club. I'm sure at least a few people would like all items on just so they can see what s*** happens and possibly get a laugh out of it.

Edited by Roflolxp54

OK, that's YOUR (and possibly your friends') personal rule set. Doesn't necessarily apply to everybody else in the club. I'm sure at least a few people would like all items on just so they can see what s*** happens and possibly get a laugh out of it.

...And we are having some tournaments like the Mii Only/Sisters only/Swords only tournaments and such. The ones that are in the disallowed section shouldn't get in. But...some people play with whatever style, but not all of us like the items either. Even half the times we play with nothing. Not even the Final Smash Ball. It's to make the matches a more melee environment without any items interfering. Plus other fighting games never had any need for this stuff. >.<

c64832f82f2fd75f8be17770f38b9e7b_zps98cc

Should we schedule a time to have it so that at least most of us are available to brawl? Like the weekends would be good! Oh, but there is the timezones. -.-

I'll state mine 9:00 EST Pacific Time! Skype is also a way to tell what time it is in your folks' area that they live by.

Edited by PuffPuff

Awesome. I've added all the 3DS Friend Codes in the first post. Mine's 1848-1779-6033. Nintendo Network ID is C.B.Flood and my Mii's name is also Flood. Now to read through three pages of the witful banter I've missed so far.

Oh if we're making skype groups my skype name cillianfloood (also my real name but I don't particularly care if that's known). I also don't think we should be banning anything until most of us have the game and we can experience exactly how cheap the items/stages are.

And I also have Pokemon so tell me if you ever want to battle. I'd also like to get online with as many people here at once to get the full Friend Safari features.

Edited by Jotari

And I also have Pokemon so tell me if you ever want to battle. I'd also like to get online with as many people here at once to get the full Friend Safari features.

Yes.

This I agree totally. Hidden abilities, here we come! ...And my skype is ayanami133 which is also in my profile.

(Of course you could have some of them transfered from the 5th gen like I have with my Magic Guard Alakazam. Yay! No hazard damage!)

Edited by PuffPuff

Okay, let's all stop right here, people. Two things:

1. This club isn't supposed to be casual or competitive. It's just a generic Smash group for everybody here that plays the game, casual and competitive players alike. Nothing more. xP

2. It also isn't the place to be discussing what should and shouldn't be allowed in tourneys. I'm just running the club, I don't plan on hosting any tourneys at the moment. Anyone here is free to host a tourney if the mods allow it. It's just separate from this thread. But the rules on what's allowed in the tourney is up to whoever hosts it.

Also, I have an announcement I must make. I'll be going away for the weekend, so I won't be around to watch this thread then. And when this kind of thing occurs, I've selected a member to hold the fort for me while I'm gone. That member is Red Fox of Fire. I've picked her because she's a mod and she posts here a lot. And her mod powers would let her edit the OP with any FCs and NNIDs people post while I'm gone. But of course, this is only if she's up to it. I can't force her, after all. :P Any other mod that has the ability to do so may update my post for me and such as well.

well Aya I think has my Skype so if you guys do make a Smash group let her know to add me into it as well

I have yours. ...And we will...

-----

...Annnd ok.

Edited by PuffPuff

ohai

can i join :3

Didn't you join in one of the groups before when we were rping? Better check on it. If you're not there, I'll add u as well.

A Skype group is a good idea! We already have one for Mario Kart 8 after all, so there's no excuse. ^^ I'll get one started as soon as I figure that out. I don't know much about Skype, truth be told. ._. But hopefully it won't take me long, so sit tight, everyone!

Also, OP is up to date again.

A Skype group is a good idea! We already have one for Mario Kart 8 after all, so there's no excuse. ^^ I'll get one started as soon as I figure that out. I don't know much about Skype, truth be told. ._. But hopefully it won't take me long, so sit tight, everyone!

there's one for mk8

welp

(except im bad at mario kart 8)

i believe so but i dont remember getting a contact request

What's your username there? Are you Blackhawk Stinger?

Yes.

Give us the address to it whenever that you're ready and I/we will add the contacts that I've just added just now! :]

----

@Poly

Is your username there Spud by any chance?

I've already added 4 of the others already on Skype!

Edited by PuffPuff

Hey Ana, I think you missed adding me to the OP.

Awesome. I've added all the 3DS Friend Codes in the first post. Mine's 1848-1779-6033. Nintendo Network ID is C.B.Flood and my Mii's name is also Flood.

Alright, I've made the group. The group's name is Serenes Forest Smash Club. I think you just look up that name and you'll find it.

Hey Ana, I think you missed adding me to the OP.

Ack, I sure did miss you. My apologies, Jotari, I'll add you right away!

Oh, and since BuddyBoy/Dijon is already in my contacts list because of the Mario Kart group, I added him, so he can add you guys to the Smash group as well.

Edited by Anacybele

Ok...to get things straight, I've added 4 on Skype that will be in the group chat that Ana is making soon. I've also added Gaia, AllGamer, Dodgedusk, Ana, Banaki, Eadgils, and Deino on my 3DS.

Edited by PuffPuff

Alright, I've made the group. The group's name is Serenes Forest Smash Club. I think you just look up that name and you'll find it.

Ack, I sure did miss you. My apologies, Jotari, I'll add you right away!

Oh, and since BuddyBoy/Dijon is already in my contacts list because of the Mario Kart group, I added him, so he can add you guys to the Smash group as well.

Looked in Skype search and didn't find it.

Ok.

He just needs to add us and then he can guide us to the room.

(Whoops double post) x.x

Edited by PuffPuff