Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need to post your tournaments in separate threads. This is going to get confusing when trying to figure out which tourney people are talking about and make this thread a cluttered mess.

I agree with this tbqh

separate tournament threads that are linked to in the Hub seems like the way to go

besides, we're not gonna get a separate subforum for tournaments if there's not a problem with cluttering the main board!

Jed, you should allow Zelda because Phantom Slash SHOTS FIRED

Euklyd we're not getting a smash tournaments subforums like drafts, and tourney threads will sink 4ever after they're finished, so I don't see an issue with tourneys staying here if people refer to them amd discuss properly.

You guys should probably do them like we did in the old days:

-Only two active tourneys at a time. Have to wait till the next one ends. Although there was a thread like this just for discussion potential future tourneys and sign-ups, but new threads were not allowed until the tourney was active (as in actually starting, not just sign-ups).

-Actually that was the only rule.

Damn, does no one remember how we did it back in the day? It seemed to work well.

EDIT: I guess my memory is fuzzy, we had to actually submit them to the tournament proxy, which was me. But we just ended up using a joint thread anyway cuz no one wanted to bother PMing one person.

EDIT 2: Tourney threads can get pretty fucking long, look at this 16 page behemoth. If we had 2 of these in the same thread, I just don't know.

EDIT 3: Damn, we sure had tons of one liners and useless posts back then.

Edited by Knife

Jed, you should allow Zelda because Phantom Slash SHOTS FIRED

Bam totally. That counts just as much as Greninja does. Like PJSalt said, why don't we just allow EVERYONE. I mean "technically" people now count.

I think it'd be better off if the Blade Tourney stuck with primary sword fighters.

Yeah, that's why my idea for a sword tournament only had sword wielders in the list, as in characters that actually used swords in the majority of their attacks. I had forgotten Pit though, I think, even though I would allow him.

Edited by Anacybele

i'll sign up for the sword tourny. it's too bad i suck at marth dittos in every game though lol, and i wouldn't expect it to be much different with lucina. 3840-5757-3154

-Only two active tourneys at a time. Have to wait till the next one ends. Although there was a thread like this just for discussion potential future tourneys and sign-ups, but new threads were not allowed until the tourney was active (as in actually starting, not just sign-ups).

-Actually that was the only rule.

you'd still have sixteen posts saying basically nothing but "/in" every time a tournament came up (or more or less than 16, but you get the idea)

if you're gonna have separate tournament threads it'd probably be better to have the threads start with signups

(especially if people are gonna insist on saying things like "oh I think Kirby should be allowed," "Ganon should totally be taken out," etc. as well)

you'd still have sixteen posts saying basically nothing but "/in" every time a tournament came up (or more or less than 16, but you get the idea)

if you're gonna have separate tournament threads it'd probably be better to have the threads start with signups

(especially if people are gonna insist on saying things like "oh I think Kirby should be allowed," "Ganon should totally be taken out," etc. as well)

True, plus the tournaments get a lot more publicity. I think a joint thread worked then because there were only like <10 who actually were active.

Well, reading the first post, it seems Doofina wants to be able to regulate new tournaments, so starting the idea and getting his approval is probably still the best way to go, not to mention we don't want tons of tournaments in queue with separate threads that may or may not happen. Even if we get all that nit picky discussion here, there's no problem since that stuff is short lived near the early stages (unlike when a tournament is really active)

EG Only an active tournament gets its own thread.

Edited by Knife

Bam totally. That counts just as much as Greninja does. Like PJSalt said, why don't we just allow EVERYONE. I mean "technically" people now count.

I think it'd be better off if the Blade Tourney stuck with primary sword fighters.

Yeah, that's why my idea for a sword tournament only had sword wielders in the list, as in characters that actually used swords in the majority of their attacks. I had forgotten Pit though, I think, even though I would allow him.

My tourney my rules.

If you want to complain go ahead but it won't get you much anywhere. Host your own tourneys with your own rules you like and ignore ones you dislike. It's as simple as that. I'd rather not get bitched at for my own ruleset I came up with because I wanted to do it and was allowed to do it.

I decided to be a tad leinant, originally it was going to be pure blades but then I figured as a little bit of a gag I'd toss in Ganondorf, Greninja was Doofina's idea and Kirby Javes so

-Shrugs-

My tourney my rules.

If you want to complain go ahead but it won't get you much anywhere. Host your own tourneys with your own rules you like and ignore ones you dislike. It's as simple as that. I'd rather not get bitched at for my own ruleset I came up with because I wanted to do it and was allowed to do it.

I decided to be a tad leinant, originally it was going to be pure blades but then I figured as a little bit of a gag I'd toss in Ganondorf, Greninja was Doofina's idea and Kirby Javes so

-Shrugs-

Complain? lol that's not complaing. simply a comment.

i didn't even say anything bad. merely a suggestion, and you take as if i'm insulting and throwing hatred at your tourney.

as ana said, "nobody's bitching at you". i have absolutely NO IDEA where you got that idea from. neither of us said anything bad about it.

Well the complaints were pretty whiny all around. Maybe I came off a bit strongly there. But moving on

Thanks to all those who have entered thus far. Unless I am counting wrong we have 15 of our 16, when we have 16 I will accept reserves in the event that one of our other signees cannot play that day

Edited by Jedi

I'd join, but I'm going to be kinda busy travelling. ;n;

For shame! Well there will be plenty after Doofina's and mine so feel free to join. When are you traveling? Maybe we could arrange something

For shame! Well there will be plenty after Doofina's and mine so feel free to join. When are you traveling? Maybe we could arrange something

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, I'll join. I forgot I can use my phone as a hotspot. :3

And I can always play when I get home. I'll only be on the bus for a few hours.

:)

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Well the complaints were pretty whiny all around. Maybe I came off a bit strongly there. But moving on

In a spoiler since I don't want to make it look like I want to end everything on my word xD

And then I apologize if my post came off as whiny. I certainly did not intend to make it seem like I was throwing shade at you.

still suggesting zelda be allowed

Apology accepted

Yay Fruity thanks.

Raven I need your friend code asap. PM me or post em on here when you get it.

And with that we are full up. Still taking reserves though so feel free just remember to post in green if you are joining mine as one

Edited by Jedi