Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably good to keep in mind that for a lot of people here, "launch day" for a game like SSBU ($60, and many won't even have the system at this time) means "Christmas, when my parents / whoever else are hopefully buying it (and maybe a Wii U) for me."

Why is Tortimer Island (normal) allowed? Walkoffs, beehives and heals are lame, Raven. as if I need more things to bitch about for this tourney outside of the already included Smash Balls

GGs to quint won all three rounds i didn't keep score though tbh

Luckily Slowpoke kept score so it's fine this time.

Yeah tortimer should be banned por favor.

Also, results

Quintessence vs Elieson

3-1

3-2

3-1

Ggs monocle!

Also I'm ok with banning this map. I copied the list from a previous tournament so yeah. Deleted.

You could just rename the tournament if it gets delayed too long~ ^^;

It's probably good to keep in mind that for a lot of people here, "launch day" for a game like SSBU ($60, and many won't even have the system at this time) means "Christmas, when my parents / whoever else are hopefully buying it (and maybe a Wii U) for me."

Yeah, I guess you guys have good points. I'll change the name if I wind up delaying it for that long.

I'm gonna drop out of the Draft tourney. I'm kinda rusty on 3DS since I started playing Wii U, plus that smash ball thing seemed like a fun idea until I re-realized that Sakurai did not put any thought at all in balancing them out again (seriously, DK's FS is still WTF bad). Not mention everyone seems busy around this time and probably would only get busier as finals come around.

Would totally be down if you did this again as a Wii U draft.

Sadly I'm not able to play in Wii U tournaments, so I can't host any tournaments there. Also there's no need to drop out. I won't be penalising anyone for not fighting anytime soon, busy times and all.

Sadly I'm not able to play in Wii U tournaments, so I can't host any tournaments there. Also there's no need to drop out. I won't be penalising anyone for not fighting anytime soon, busy times and all.

Aww, thats a shame. I'm not against 3DS or anything and I'll still do friendlies on it, but I feel like its dead competitively for me. I signed up for this tourney long before the Wii U one came out, so I didn't really feel this way back then. The smash ball thing and opponents not being available are minor issues and that's not why I'm dropping (or maybe they're tipping points).

Err... PKLucas, you fight Raven, Ice Sage, and Jave (if he wants to redo with you).

No Wii U? You're missing out on a ton of stuff. Though I guess not all of us can afford one, which is cool.

Edited by Knife

Aww, thats a shame. I'm not against 3DS or anything and I'll still do friendlies on it, but I feel like its dead competitively for me. I signed up for this tourney long before the Wii U one came out, so I didn't really feel this way back then. The smash ball thing and opponents not being available are minor issues and that's not why I'm dropping (or maybe they're tipping points).

Err... PKLucas, you fight Raven, Ice Sage, and Jave (if he wants to redo with you).

No Wii U? You're missing out on a ton of stuff. Though I guess not all of us can afford one, which is cool.

If you're set on dropping out, I'd indeed have to ask Jave to fight with PKLucas.

PKLucas, Knife's drafts were Link, Bowser, and Ness.

As for myself, I don't have a Wii U yet, but I'm hoping I can at least get one for Christmas - either as a gift or out of the money I may hopefully receive from family members.

11 out of 24 matches have been completed so far. The remaining matches are:

LeaderR_Elliot v DodgeDusk

LeaderR_Elliot v Elieson

Gemma22 v Redfoxoffire

Gemma22 v Febro

Gemma22 v lordraven

Redfoxoffire v lordraven

GeneralHorace v metalsnowman3

metalsnowman3 v FrostyFireMage

IceSage v Raven

IceSage v PKLucas

Raven v PKLucas

Raven v Javeman

PKLucas v Javeman

Well, the top 2 of Group A are decided. It's impossible for either Elieson and Elliot to grab 2nd place with only one game left each.

1. Dodgedusk, 3 wins, 0 losses, 25 points.

2. Slowpoke, 2 wins, 1 loss, 25 points.

3. Leader Elliot, 0 wins, 2 losses, 11 points

4. Elieson, 0 wins, 2 losses, 9 points

If they want to, Elieson and Elliot can play their games to decide 3rd/4th place, but it's not mandatory in this situation.

Edited by Raven