Favorite completed romhacks?

Tandrock

Hello everyone! As the thread title would lead you to believe, I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite complete rom hacks are. I only just discovered rom hacks recently and absolutely love them. The one problem I've had is finding downloads for the complete versions of the ones I don't already possess (The Last Promise, Sacred Contention, Matthew's Nightmare). I've been to the FEShrine, but the links in their directory usually lead to threads with the unfinished files. So, in addition to telling me what your favorite romhack is, if you could also link a download of the completed version I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for sharing opinions and suggestions on this matter.

neither of those are completed (this should not be a point against them and you should play them)

(i didn't even know that cedar ever released an unfinished version of matthew's nightmare ?_?)

Edited by CT075

There isn't a lot of romhacks that are complete that you didn't already list out there, unfortunately, and the ones that are, I have not played to give an opinion on (I think ChinaFE is the only one I really know of outside the one you listed) Most romhacks have unfinished files because they are unfinished at the moment. I suggest just playing the unfinished files for now and wait for new releases to happen.

Thanks for the suggestions klok! They both look rather promising, and the addition of a canine companion in Bloodlines is just bloody incredible. I look forward to hunting down the files for them. And in lieu of completed hacks, since they are rarer than I had originally known (being a modding community newb) suggestions of hacks with custom animations, new characters, or a thrilling original storyline are all pluses in my book.

I recommend Bloodlines and Shatterlight. I've LPed shatterlight on my youtube, and bloodlines is just fantastic overall :)

Klok pls, you flatter us... If you want to play Shatterlight, Tandrock, just click on the picture in my sig and download the patch :) Also yes, Bloodlines if great fun now that I've done some maps for it :P

neither of those are completed (this should not be a point against them and you should play them)

(i didn't even know that cedar ever released an unfinished version of matthew's nightmare ?_?)

Oops you're righ, I missed a key word there.

Uh... Chaos Mode is finished but it's just a reskin. A good one according to the half dozen+ LP's. Damnit there I go promoting again. Still, hey, it IS a finished hack.

Genealogy of Neir for FE4 was really fun for me. I liked the balance and the features. The Remodeling patch was also pretty fun, but less so to me.

I'm not sure if the FE8 Green patch is actually finished or not, but so far it's been my favorite FE hack. The remade maps from other series are fun to play, and it has neat recruitment stuff that feels very Fire Emblem-y.

I never intended to knock them, I was just unaware that so few hacks were actually complete. Since starting this thread I did download both the titles that Klokinator suggested, both incomplete, and dove head first into bloodlines. I am enjoying it greatly and can't wait for more content to be added.

I think if I had to pick a favorite, it'd have to be MK404's FE7 hack, since it's the only one I actually like even if it is old as balls. Note that I'm not counting stat hacks or simple reskin hacks in this ~o3o~

• 3 weeks later...

Wate a mont or two (or 6) and elibean nights will be complete. There are a surprising number of complete japanese hacks, like FEgirls and fe4 binary. The former is sacred stones with all the character replaced with various gbafe girls and high dificulty/new maps, while the latter is a complete mechanics overhaul of fe4. Also, there a lot of "geneology of (specific fe4 bloodline)" hacks which are just fe4 with all the characters swapped (so genelolgy of tordo has you play as tiltyu and get murdurized by drerdre. If you've read any of the homestuck fanfics with a premise of "what if all the trolls had their blood colors swapped" it pretty much plays out like one of those.). some of those are incomplete though. All of the above hacks are in japanese. FEgirls and fe4 binary have lps on the lp archive that you might want to check out before playing, as all the japanese is explained.

FEgirls: http://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Girls/

fe4 binary: http://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-4-Binary/

the lparchive also has lps of Mathew's nightmare and the last promise (and ostian princess which i would highly recomend you not actualy play due to how bad it is. This is one of those hacks that has you scratching your head as to how the developers can mess up that hard):
Mathew's nightmare: http://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Matthews-Nightmare/

the last promise:http://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-The-Last-Promise/

Ostian princess: http://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Different-Dimensions-Ostian-Princess/

Also, ther is a website that translates a lot of japanese hack readmes, but i can't find it atm.

And remember kids: Pick your killer axe and KILL!

Also, ther is a website that translates a lot of japanese hack readmes, but i can't find it atm.

This one?

http://lensterknight.superbusnet.com/other/Hacks/

It's not loading for me at the moment. Hopefully it's just a hiccup, otherwise crawl it with webarchive. If TheEnd is still around here, poke him for the translations, they'd be really helpful to backup somewhere for the rest of the community.

Edited by Celice

This one?

http://lensterknight.superbusnet.com/other/Hacks/

It's not loading for me at the moment. Hopefully it's just a hiccup, otherwise crawl it with webarchive. If TheEnd is still around here, poke him for the translations, they'd be really helpful to backup somewhere for the rest of the community.

That's the one, and it loads for me fine. The link you gave links to an odd place in the directory structure. Does the base website work for you?

Glad it's working now. Even "is it down for me or everyone" site said there was an issue when I tried two hours ago. I went ahead and mirrored a copy of the files and linked it in the binary thread, pinned in this section of the forum, just in case.