Official Ages For the Ylissean Royal Family

Maxkibram

I think I've finally got this. During one cutscene, Chrom is talking to Robin about his father and the war with Plegia. He says and I quote:

"The campaign only ended with his death fifteen years ago."

So Awakening takes place fifteen years after Chrom's dad dies. This is crucial because in the same cutscene Chrom says that Emmeryn was nine years old when their dad passed:

"When our father died before her 10th year, he left her quite the legacy..."

So that means Emmeryn was 24 at the beginning on Awakening. Now according to this concept artwork...

post-11974-0-06707600-1412016243_thumb.jpg

Emmeryn is 6 years Chrom's senior. So Chrom is 18. Lissa's age is a little more confusing. She's apparently 10 years younger than Emmeryn and 4 years younger than Chrom which should be impossible. Chrom's mother was still pregnant with Lissa when their father died, so she could only at the most be three years younger than her siblings. That means that both Emm and Chrom had their 10th and 4th birthdays before she was born, so they're probably a bit older at the end of the Mad King's War.

So their ages are likely:

Emmeryn: 24 to 25 at the end of part 1, and 27 at the end of the game.

Chrom: 18 to 19 at the end of part 1, and 21 at the end of the game.

Lissa: 15 at the end of part 1, and 17 at the end of the game.

Oh. And Donnel: 14 at the end of part 1, and 16 at the end of the game; considering he's younger than Lissa and all.

Edited by Maxkibram

When I did the math from this awhile back, I came up with Lissa being 14 pre-time skip. Also, where does it say that Chrom's mother was still pregnant with Lissa when their father died?

Good point. She could have been just a few months old now that I think about it. I'll edit it a bit.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, September 29, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, September 29, 2014 - No reason given

I think I've finally got this. During one cutscene, Chrom is talking to Robin about his father and the war with Plegia. He says and I quote:

"The campaign only ended with his death fifteen years ago."

So Awakening takes place fifteen years after Chrom's dad dies. This is crucial because in the same cutscene Chrom says that Emmeryn was nine years old when their dad passed:

"When our father died before her 10th year, he left her quite the legacy..."

So that means Emmeryn was 24 at the beginning on Awakening. Now according to this concept artwork...

attachicon.gifYoungFE13EmmChromLissa.jpg

Emmeryn is 6 years Chrom's senior. So Chrom is 18. Lissa's age is a little more confusing. She's apparently 10 years younger than Emmeryn and 4 years younger than Chrom which means she could have been anywhere from an infant to prebirth. That means that both Emm and Chrom had their 10th and 4th birthdays shortly before her 1st, so they're probably a bit older at the end of the Mad King's War.

So their ages are likely:

Emmeryn: 24 to 25 at the end of part 1, and 27 at the end of the game.

Chrom: 18 to 19 at the end of part 1, and 21 at the end of the game.

Lissa: 15 at the end of part 1, and 17 at the end of the game.

Oh. And Donnel: 14 at the end of part 1, and 16 at the end of the game; considering he's younger than Lissa and all.

I've already done the math a long time ago. As for the royal family, Emm is 25, Chrom is 19, and Lissa is 14-15 before the 2 year gap.

Personally I'm more interested in knowing the rest of the cast's ages.

I personally write Frederick as being 25-26 pre-time skip. I wrote that he turns 26 in the year my current fic takes place, which is the first of the two years the game skips. But that's just my estimate. Others can be different since we're never given a single clue to his age.

Edited by Anacybele

I think that image was shown before on SF, although it was probably WAY back.

Donnel is said to be a year younger than Lissa in their support conversations, so that'd put Donnel as 13-14 before the time skip. Maribelle's probably the same age as Lissa.

Interestingly, Ricken and Cordelia's support is the only one in which it's mentioned that Ricken has not "come of age", while it's not an issue in Cordelia's support with Donnel (and Chrom seems to refer to Donnel as a man while telling Ricken he's "too young"), which tells me that Ricken is younger than Donnel and Donnel is "of age" by Ylissean standards.

The early translations of Japanese support conversations lead me to think that Cherche is at least 25 or older. I believe she had mentioned something about being "too old for marriage". There was a term in Japan, "Christmas cake", which refers to a woman past 25 or so, and how they are "undesirable" for marriage.

I wouldn't say that Frederick is in his mid 20's. He's clearly much more mature when compared to Stahl, who I'd assume is 19-20 at the youngest pre-time skip.

Maturity doesn't define age. Look at Nowi. Plus, in real life, I've seen younger people who are far more mature than some older people.

Looks quite accurate. I dare you to try to throw Lucina into the mix...maybe a month pre time skip and 16 ish after? Because I don't think she was just born in that part. Chrom seemed too calm, and any new father would be pretty frazzled during the birth of his kid. Worrying and all...births back in the day didn't always end happily. Plus, the mother wouldn't be up and walking around that quickly.

She looked like a month old imo.

The only cutscenes I went out of my way to remember were the one where Sumia punches Chrom (seriously, they made a whole animation just for that cutscene, and it's hilarious), Mustafa's soldiers talking, and the Lucina cutscene (and start of Cht.23) because of the music. Also everything in FoD because those were pretty well done.

The early translations of Japanese support conversations lead me to think that Cherche is at least 25 or older. I believe she had mentioned something about being "too old for marriage". There was a term in Japan, "Christmas cake", which refers to a woman past 25 or so, and how they are "undesirable" for marriage.

Interesting. Is this ever described for Flavia or Miriel?

Interesting. Is this ever described for Flavia or Miriel?

Not to my knowledge, but I haven't seen all of the translated Japanese supports either.