Dragoncat's art thread: 5/20/15: Pokey mons(bug, dark, dragon)

Dragoncat

Yeah, originally, Frederick is opposed to Antoinette dating at her age, let alone with Inigo, but he eventually goes along with it and simply makes it VERY clear that if Inigo breaks Antoinette's heart, Frederick will break his spine. lol

Which is ironic, because I ship Chrom x Olivia, making Inigo one of those royals that Frederick has to serve and protect! XD

And yeah, but sometimes opposites attract can work! And I see, interesting!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yeah. I'm reminded of this thing I saw, I think it was a t shirt design..."rules for dating my daughter". The ones I remember sound just like Freddy. "She's my princess, not your prize", "If you make her cry, I will make you cry." Etc, actually those are the only two I remember. Think there was something on there about a curfew too and how all hell would break lose if it was broken/ignored.

And how did I miss that...lol. Inigo would SO think he's Prince Charming literally.

I don't think it needs to be modern. I mean, Frederick says to his kid that he can make a jacket with the words "Papa's pride and joy" on the back. :P

True...it would just be harder to make a shirt with words on it in that era. Imagine him trying to stitch that long list on there...and it was a long list, I just only remembered a couple.

He'd be better off writing it down on a piece of paper and handing it to Inigo without saying anything xD

So I made a rage comic for shits and giggles...

ragecomic_by_rubydragoncat-d8tsba2.png

All the comments are going to be on the situation described, but that's expected.

Oh wow, that's pretty amusing right there. XD Reminds me of that one vacation I was having at my late grandma's camper at the campground she kept it at. There was a tornado warning and everybody had to squeeze into the bathhouses. I was scared because my grandma wasn't even there, she was out at a bar and had no idea what was going on...

Do you really have short brown hair with a black bow? That sounds cute!

Edited by Anacybele

I have short brown hair, but no black bow. That's just what comes with the rage comic maker and I cba to edit it out.

Lol, your grandma sounds like she was awesome. I'm imagining a grandma going to a bar xD But that reminds me of my dad, brother, and uncle. They were at a campground once and it started raining and hailing real bad, and my poor uncle had to wait it out in the bathrooms because that's where he was at the time...

Ah, I see.

My grandma was hella awesome! I miss her so much. ;_; She was too young too, only 65. Cancer sucks. She had already beaten one kind of cancer too (breast cancer), I really thought she'd keep beating cancer. Especially since she went four years with it before passing away.

But yeah, my grandma went to bars alright. She wasn't an alcoholic or anything dumb like that, though. She's also walked up a mountain and through a large palace garden with a broken foot. She did so when she visited us in Europe (we were living out there at the time because stepdad's military stuff). She snuck a free piece of the Heidelberg Castle in Germany by walking a little ways off the path and picking up a fallen chunk of the wall lol. She liked souvenirs and traveling. XD

She owned a daycare center too for a couple decades or so. Was a really good one, she would take the kids to Idle Wild Park just fifty minutes away every summer. Those trips were awesome (I went because I attended the daycare when I was little).

But, at least she isn't suffering anymore. She was sick and couldn't recover completely. And we're lucky enough that she went as long as she did with that cancer. Some folks don't even live one year once diagnosed, let alone four.

Hailing while they were at a campground? What were they doing there in cold weather? lol Doesn't it only hail when it's cold?

Edited by Anacybele

Oh wow. Badass grandma. And I agree: cancer does suck. I'm never going to smoke because I watched two good family friends wither away and die of smoking related lung cancer. A guy I graduated with had lukiemia and was fighting it, but it killed him like maybe a year after we graduated. I'm lucky that cancer doesn't really run in my family, but things like heart disease do and that's bad too. I only have one set of grandparents left. The ones on my mom's side both passed when I was around 1st/2nd grade age.

You'd be surprised. Around here it hails with thunderstorms in the summer.

Yeah, I'm not smoking either and I'm glad my parents have made efforts to stop using cigarettes. My mom is lucky that bronchitis is all she's ever gotten from them. My grandma smoked too, but amazingly, neither of the cancers she had were related to it. She died of ovarian cancer, not lung cancer.

Cancer doesn't run in my family either though, thankfully. My late grandma is the only known member that got it besides my mom who had a minor case of skin cancer some time ago. But skin cancer is a type that ANYONE can become at risk for regardless of their family history. It all depends on how well you protect your skin from sunburn.

And wow, that's some crazy weather you got up there in...Wyoming, right?

Any kind of cancer is awful pretty much...

Yeah. And Nebraska, I think that's where they were camping at. I'm close to the Nebraska border. Grandparents live in a town close to the border between Nebraska and Wyoming. So naturally I go back and forth a lot.

Oh, okay. so you're like right where the Rocky Mountains start. I always wanted to see those, I've never been anywhere out there before. I've been to California maybe one time, but otherwise, never been in the western side of the country before.

My printer/scanner completely kicked the bucket on me. It used to scan fine, but now...yeah. Until I get it replaced I won't be able to have quality images of the traditional art. Enjoy what you can see...right now I'm doing the "favorite pokemon of each type" thing. Here's the first three.

bugdarkdragon_by_rubydragoncat-d8u3sbm.p

Notice how I revamped the druddigon. Official art druddigon sucks about as much as the official art dragonite(yellow barney with tiny wings). Game Freak needs to make their dragons look more dragony.