Dragoncat's art thread: 5/20/15: Pokey mons(bug, dark, dragon)

Dragoncat

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for Leo since you already drew his sis. :)

Yeah he's probably next. High on the list.

As for the ear...well, aren't ears supposed to be lined up with the eyes? Maybe not on chibis but meh...

Edited by Dragoncat

I like it, looks chibicute. :) But I just think the whole stance or standing position is quite similar to Cerai's. Maybe next time you ought to try drawing a character sitting, or posing differently, like holding a weapon or something. This to give them different positions/looks; otherwise, your characters will look similar. But very nice.

But I just think the whole stance or standing position is quite similar to Cerai's. Maybe next time you ought to try drawing a character sitting, or posing differently, like holding a weapon or something. This to give them different positions/looks; otherwise, your characters will look similar. But very nice.

I prefer to draw them all in the same pose, but they will be holding their weapons. Preference, pretty much...

I prefer to draw them all in the same pose, but they will be holding their weapons. Preference, pretty much...

Your choice. I just wanna add that your art got me back to drawing as well. You might see some characters from my story in some art thread soon. XD

• 3 weeks later...

WIP thing. Gonna try to make an epic boxart dealio for Wings of Courage. Will be colored digitally...

20150109_105424_1__by_rubydragoncat-d8d7

The three baddies: Xemar, Valmas, and halfway inked Nyra. If it looks chibi/not detailed enough, that's because they will be in the background. I'm thinking of having Sothe and Micaiah confronting them, also in the background. Cerai/Leo/Samba will be in the foreground. Various peeps in between.

Nyra and Valmas' classes havent been mentioned in the story yet, this confirms them as being paladin and wyvern lord.

generic_tiger_laguz_by_rubydragoncat-d8e

Got the urge to draw a tiger laguz all of a sudden, so here's the generic gray colored enemy/npc. Yes, it's in the same pose as the official art of shifted Mordecai. Planning on drawing the generic yellow cat in the pose of the shifted Lethe art, and maybe eventually all the generic laguz...

Ooh, not too bad! The anatomy isn't perfect, but I can still tell that this is a fierce tiger laguz. ^^ I think it kinda looks like what Samba would transform into if he was a tiger rather than a cat.

I wonder if you got that urge from my art of Kiara's cat form. XD

Not bad at all, Dragoncat. Yes, it could look better, but it's still a good drawing. I can't wait to see the digital-painted version of Xeras, Valmas, Lyra.

Thanks.

Xemar, Valmas, Nyra. But you were close :)

h80ff3138_by_rubydragoncat-d8f3r12.jpg

Saw that floating around the interwebs and immediately thought of those two. Lol. Would probably also be me and my brother if we were twins...considering Cerai's based on me. Leo...is the twin brother I never had xD

I didn't aim for the art to be good, it's just a quick tablet doodle...

Ikr? Once you decide who's born first that is. Could go the other way around too: "When I'm as old as you I'm going to" whatever they're going to do in 6 minutes/however many they are apart. I especially like how he was surprised that they had ice cream xD

Course I take no credit for the original idea. I don't do twitter, and if I did I wouldnt call myself McSweatervest. I just took it and ran with it.

And yeah, I wouldn't use a username like that either, wtf. xP

Must be an older person. They tend to not be as creative. I have an aunt whose twitter handle is her name + rocks socks.

And cool, you did the opposite of what I did. You had the guy born first instead of the girl like I did.

Edited by Dragoncat

• 2 weeks later...