When is Nintendo going to announce their new FE game?

Intelligent Systems is a subsidiary of Nintendo, and considered a first-party developer. It's more akin to a development division than a completely separate company.

Edited by Topazd255

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I heard that only first party games were allowed in Nintendo Land and FE is nowhere to be found in it. I thought that this was why a game as obscure as the one Takamaru is from (I always forget the title, it's some crazy name) got an attraction in it.

Edited by Anacybele

npKajQl.png

Learn to fact check, darling

I do hope that some sort of announcement will come soon for a new FE, although I have a feeling that it will end up being a ways off.

363a6fe6619b0cb0c70946b7a662978c.png

I grabbed this straight from the IS website. Nintendo/INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS are plastered all over all of the Fire Emblem official sites, but this is just an example.

Also, here's the interview featuring Fire Emblem's development team representatives from both IS and Nintendo.

Edited by Sara.

Actually, I remember seeing an interview around E3 with Miyamoto and the someone at Nintendo responsible for Metroid (not Sakurai) where people asked about Metroid. Their answer was that they have plans for both a traditional '2D' Metroid game and a '3D Prime' style Metroid game. So I wouldn't say that the series is on life support. And Other M still managed to sell more than 1 million copies despite all the controversy.

I remember reading something about a concept demo being made for the 3DS, don't know if anything was ever done with it.

Pretty sure the next one, if u exclude the crossover with SMT, will be on the new DS nintendo is making. Apparently, that DS will come out in Japan this year, and in EU/US in a year after that. That should give them enough time to make a new FE for that one.

Hope not.

But I heard that only first party games were allowed in Nintendo Land and FE is nowhere to be found in it. I thought that this was why a game as obscure as the one Takamaru is from (I always forget the title, it's some crazy name) got an attraction in it.

But being a first-party title didn't automatically mean inclusion in Nintendo Land. Remember, IS has been heavily involved (often as the exclusive programmer) in the development of other first-party Nintendo series, such as Metroid.

But being a first-party title didn't automatically mean inclusion in Nintendo Land. Remember, IS has been heavily involved (often as the exclusive programmer) in the development of other first-party Nintendo series, such as Metroid.

Well then, I don't understand why FE isn't in Nintendo Land while Takamaru's game is. I'm pretty sure that far more people know about FE seeing as Takamaru's game is Japan only. I'd never even heard of Takamaru until he was brought up as a possible Smash newcomer.

Edited by Anacybele

If a new FE is scheduled to be released next year alongside the Shin Megami crossover, I hope they do a 25th anniversary thing. For Zelda's 25th, they also released two games and brought four swords to the eshop. That's a ton of new games released in one year for Zelda! If Nintendo is planning on having both games released next year they might shrug and say "hey why not do an anniversary again? It worked for Zelda, and all the pieces are in place."

That would be the best case scenario in my opinion.

As for Metroid, I think it didn't have a 25th anniversary celebration because it would have had to have been in the same year as the Zelda anniversary. They didn't want to have two of those going on at once. So they opted for Zelda with the two+ games released and some awesome orchestrated concerts. And I still think those concerts are going around in the states.

I love Metroid though, and the fact that they're making potentially two games right now gets me hyped! They could hold off a year and release them both in 2016 and do a Metroid 30th anniversary to make up for lost ground. That would be awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

Meh. I don't see another Fire Emblem until late 2015-2016. GIVE ME ADVANCE WARS

another mother game would also be nicer than fire emblem at the moment. ITOI-SAMA COME BACK~ ;_;

This has to work to show Nintendo that we actually care for the series.
I'm gonna play it when the patch comes out! Although, the graphics are outdated. x.x

IS is probably wary about how they use their money right now when it comes to FE remakes/re-releases (SD flopped after all, causing New Mystery to not even be localized).

wxzCAs.jpg
Actually, it sold well in NA. Because Nintendo feels that NA is an outsider like Euro which sold poorly there is why that NA didn't get it which they should have. -.-
Edited by PuffPuff

This has to work to show Nintendo that we actually care for the series.
I'm gonna play it when the patch comes out! Although, the graphics are outdated. x.x

I may be wrong, but I think Itoi has stated that Mother has reached its conclusion and that he doesn't plan on making another one.

I may be wrong, but I think Itoi has stated that Mother has reached its conclusion and that he doesn't plan on making another one.

I did say that it was a hack and that the graphics were outdated! Itoi actually plans to remake the three games for the 3DS. Japan of course. But...unknown if America/Euro will get them though. If were to realistically get Mother 4, it would be on the Wii-U, or the 3DS. :)

But...I'm looking forward to trying out the hack anyway because I love the Mother series. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYs9XxSBHQg

As for everything that I've seen in this vid, other than what was stated in it I dunno. -.-

I did say that it was a hack and that the graphics were outdated! Itoi actually plans to remake the three games for the 3DS. Japan of course. But...unknown if America/Euro will get them though. If were to realistically get Mother 4, it would be on the Wii-U, or the 3DS. :)

But...I'm looking forward to trying out the hack anyway because I love the Mother series. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYs9XxSBHQg

As for everything that I've seen in this vid, other than what was stated in it I dunno. -.-

But it isn't a hack. It has a custom engine that will run directly on a computer (much like FEXNA). As for the graphics, they are retro on purpose, because they liked the look and wanted it to feel like mother. (source: http://www.mother4game.com/faq/ ) Also, where did you hear about a 3ds remake? I personally thought the "make them playable" comment refers to the virtual console release of earthbound

Edited by sirmola