Halloween Event?

Lenh

Just wondering if one is going to happen this year, or if there's any interest in something unofficial. ^^;

Personally I wouldn't want to host or engineer any Halloween-themed event, but would participate if someone decided to make one (especially if there was a 'make-a-monster' option).

Shit, forgot about that. Feels a bit rushed at this rate, but if we allow ~2 weeks for entries, and maybe the last week before Halloween for voting, it might be doable.

If nobody else wants to host one, I can try putting something up by the end of today if there's enough interest.

Yes please!

Maybe it could be less of a competition though? Like do some sign-ups, group people together for themed costume characters (maybe vote on themes?), and have a showcase on Halloween. I dunno if anyone would be into this, but idk I feel like competition discourages less experienced people sometimes and this should be fun! It's so fun to dress up mugs!

Oh but that's just my opinion idk I am certain that people can also thrive off of competition

Edited by Mewyveon

A themed showcase with a side competition sounds good. My issue with sign-ups is that they take up a lot of time, which we're sort of lacking at the moment, unless we'd like to extend into November.

Perhaps discuss some themes we'd like to see?

Kill La Kill uniforms. I might just do this on my own if we don't pick this up lol I love this idea

Power Rangers

Super Smash Bros cosplays

disney princesses

Sounds like something we'd do on a regular basis, though? Not to say that dressing up isn't what is done on Halloween, but that's kind of everyday cosplay stuff.

At least make it Halloween-themed.

can i submit a map

If you can get away with it matching up to a Halloween theme, I don't see why not?

Also, another idea brought up outside of the topic was letting people pick whether they wanted to submit their piece for voting or not, so that those who enjoy competition can still be voted on. It'd probably be easiest to use the usual categories (Best Constructed, Scariest, etc.), but it might just be easier to make it a free-for-all vote and just let people pick what they like.

EDIT - These auto-quote spaces are absurd.

Edited by Joltaeon

As Mew suggested earlier, a showcase would work to encourage less experienced spriters, with an optional competition on the side, for those who would be interested. Really, it'd just be like a giant cosplay bandwagon (akin to the Musketeer and Eeveelution fads), but with everything submitted displayed in a single topic to showcase everyone's stuff.

Time is an issue, of course, but there's really nothing to lose if you find yourself with a few spare minutes to throw something together. It doesn't need to be a magnum opus - it's just something to get into the spirit of the holiday.

I feel like the fads we've done have a bit of exclusivity tied to them so I do like this idea, even if it just an extension of what some of us already enjoy doing.

Just doing straight up halloween themed costumes might be fun in lieu of cosplay's lack of holidayness~ Halloween Town in KH was always the best area ;w;

I feel like the fads we've done have a bit of exclusivity tied to them so I do like this idea, even if it just an extension of what some of us already enjoy doing.

Just doing straight up halloween themed costumes might be fun in lieu of cosplay's lack of holidayness~ Halloween Town in KH was always the best area ;w;

Halloween themed costume isn't cosplay?