Something I don't understand about the manaketes in this game.

Dragoncat

So Nowi is 1000 some years old, yet she has the appearance of a child. So she must be a child manakete, right? Then how can Nah even exist? Nowi looks like she hasn't hit puberty yet...

I suppose it can work if it's like my headcanon that says Panne and Gaius adopt Yarne instead of having him biologically. Because if we look at the Tellius games, the hybrid love child of a beorc and a laguz can't shapeshift. Same concept here. It would almost HAVE to be that way with Nowi and Nah. Whoever she marries isn't going to be around in who knows how many years, when she's old enough to reproduce, and the kid wouldn't be full manakete either.

What do you think? Video game logic or what...

Your logic is based on the assumption that Tellius and Ylisse have the same laws of nature at work, which isn't stated to be true. It could be that manakete age like normal humans until they get to a certain apparent age. Maybe Nowi is unusually young looking and decides to pretend to be a child. It's also not a good idea to believe that the thoughts of a fan have credibility, especially when the game makes it clear that the contrary is true (the issue of Gaius and Panne adopting Yarne instead of birthing him).

Also, manakete and laguz dragons are different races.

Edited by Lord of Gabriel Knight

Which is why I said headcanon. I am nowhere near saying it's confirmed truth...

Suppose it could be possible that manakete/taguel genes are dominant over regular human ones, making crossbreeding result in a shapeshifter...or something like that.

But, Nowi has no boobs. That leads me to believe she hasn't physically matured yet. Does Tiki have them? If so...yeah.

Tiki has massive boobs in Awakening. She was ridiculously sexualized.

I'm not sure how Nowi had a child myself though. I didn't think she'd be interested in it yet considering all she enjoys doing is playing with kids all day. xP

Dragoncat is basically saying that by manakete standards, Nowi doesn't look like she's started puberty yet, meaning she doesn't yet have periods, meaning she can't get pregnant yet. x{

As far as I remember, nothing in this games implies that the Laguz rules from Tellius apply here. Especially since they Taguel, not bunny laguz. I assume IS wanted animal people again, but not that whole laguz/beorc deal again and took the easy road. Taguel seem to be closer to manaketes in how they work, i.e. children are half-manakete but can still transform (they probably mature a bit faster than full manaketes, if you compare Nah's growth to Nowi's (and maybe Fa's and Myrrh's)).

You could also be flat as a board and still be well over sexual maturity age.

I know that, I didn't say you couldn't. But Nowi is pretty small and she doesn't have any curves in addition to no breasts.

Edited by Anacybele

Dragoncat is basically saying that by manakete standards, Nowi doesn't look like she's started puberty yet, meaning she doesn't yet have periods, meaning she can't get pregnant yet. x{

Exactly.

As for her not being interested yet, maybe she's like those little girls that like playing with baby dolls? Maybe she would just want a baby because she has that mindset. I think a lot of little girls that like dolls, if they could have kids, they would want to. Of course they're too young to know how everything works and too young to be responsible enough though...

They're are women with mental retardation or Growth Hormone Deficiency who get pregnant and go on to be good mothers.

Apparently, having the mind of a child or the body of a child aren't too important when it comes to raising one.

Except Nowi and her husband sent Nah away to become a friggin slave. Nah says that she never knew who her parents were, so she was sent away while she was an infant.

Edited by Anacybele

It's also not a good idea to believe that the thoughts of a fan have credibility, especially when the game makes it clear that the contrary is true (the issue of Gaius and Panne adopting Yarne instead of birthing him).

Wait, what? Where does this come from?

Except Nowi and her husband sent Nah away to become a friggin slave. Nah says that she never knew who her parents were, so she was sent away while she was an infant.

Nowi got tired of the baby doll. But seriously that's messed up...

They use stones to transform which makes me think that Nowi and Panne are not Laguz but something different. Plus Nowi looks really young but I have a friend who I have known since we were 4 and she looks like she is 12 she has no curves what so ever and we are both 23 now, so looks can be deceiving and there are lots of women who act like children as I have seen many times at school and just listening to people when I'm waiting in line at stores.

I'm pretty that Nowi and her husband died when Nah was young, and she had to live with a foster family who didn't like her because she was a half-breed. Where did you get the slave part from?

So Nowi is 1000 some years old, yet she has the appearance of a child. So she must be a child manakete, right? Then how can Nah even exist? Nowi looks like she hasn't hit puberty yet...

I suppose it can work if it's like my headcanon that says Panne and Gaius adopt Yarne instead of having him biologically. Because if we look at the Tellius games, the hybrid love child of a beorc and a laguz can't shapeshift. Same concept here. It would almost HAVE to be that way with Nowi and Nah. Whoever she marries isn't going to be around in who knows how many years, when she's old enough to reproduce, and the kid wouldn't be full manakete either.

What do you think? Video game logic or what...

...What? This post doesn't make a whole lot of sense. First off, your headcanon is kind of nonsensical. Yarne is a taguel. As in, the species that Panne is the only (known) survivor of. If Yarne, a human/taguel hybrid, didn't result from the only remaining taguel that we know of breeding with a human, where the heck else would he have come from?

Second, Nowi's youthful appearance doesn't mean she's incapable of having kids. We don't exactly know the logistics of manakete reproduction, so for all we know, manaketes could be able to give birth at a relatively younger age. We just don't know. Besides, just because she looks that young doesn't mean she can't bear a child. As messed-up as it may be, there are reported cases of twelve-year-old girls who successfully gave birth. I'd rather not think about why that happened, but it did. It's really not that much of a stretch for Nowi to have a kid, now is it?

Edited by AisuruSenka

I'm pretty that Nowi and her husband died when Nah was young, and she had to live with a foster family who didn't like her because she was a half-breed. Where did you get the slave part from?

Nah says that she was treated like a slave despite her efforts to please her foster family. And like I said, Nah never knew her parents, which means she must have been a baby when she was sent away. She would've remembered them if she was a toddler.

So for what you're saying to happen, Nowi had to have given birth and then both her and her husband got killed soon after. This is possible, but we're never told exactly who sent Nah to the family that treated her so poorly.

First off, your headcanon is kind of nonsensical. Yarne is a taguel. As in, the species that Panne is the only (known) survivor of. If Yarne, a human/taguel hybrid, didn't result from the only remaining taguel that we know of breeding with a human, where the heck else would he have come from?

That's just it, KNOWN survivor. There could be more hiding somewhere...

Edited by Dragoncat

Nah says that she was treated like a slave despite her efforts to please her foster family. And like I said, Nah never knew her parents, which means she must have been a baby when she was sent away. She would've remembered them if she was a toddler.

So for what you're saying to happen, Nowi had to have given birth and then both her and her husband got killed soon after. This is possible, but we're never told exactly who sent Nah to the family that treated her so poorly.

Wtf, being sent away and being given to a foster family because your parents are dead is not the same thing. I seriously doubt that IS would imply that their characters would knowingly give their child away to a bad family (it would be beautifully dark and interesting, but that's why it's unlikely). And even if Nowi and her husband gave their child away, it's probably because it's the bad future where their comrades were killed left and right and they knew Nah would be in danger if she stayed with them. I doubt Nowi or her husband would give Nah to a family who they knew would treat her badly. Seems more like a desperate situation to me.

That's just it, KNOWN survivor. There could be more hiding somewhere...

And that is more likely than Panne becoming pregnant how...?

And that is more likely than Panne becoming pregnant how...?

*insert spouse here* and Velvet/Panne being like what rabbits are known for.

You don't know it yet, but the Taguel will overrun the capital and Iris/Ylisse will be taken over by bunny overlords.

Edited by shadowofchaos