Which classes are most masculine / feminine?

Jade Wind

Most Masculine / Feminine Classes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which class would you say is most masculine?

• Lord
    • General
    • Warrior
    • Beserker
    • Hero
    • Halberdier
    • Sorceror / Druid
    • Sniper
    • Bishop
    • Swordmaster
    • Paladin
    • Assassin
    • Rogue
    • Sage
  2. 2. Which class is the most feminine?

Both in the traditional sense of western societies, your opinion of the universal aspects of these adjectives, and how you think characters would think of different classes within their worlds. For my initial list I'm primarily taking into consideration this last explanation.

Note that I've only played the localized games with the exception of not having finished Sacred Stones, so I'm only including the classes I've seen in-game. Everyone familiar with different classes from the other entries in the series is free to add classes that are significantly different than those listed here.

I’m excluding the various axe / lance knight type distinctions, along with laguz, manaketes and the like being compared to humans. I'm also excluding "unique classes", e.g. Raven King, Dark God, ect. and classes that are not inherent to a character (e.g. Bride).

My rough estimate for the classes:

Feminine to Masculine, in order

-------Feminine--------
Dancer
Troubadour
Falcon Knight
Pegasus Knight
Dark Flier
Cleric
------------ Gender Neutral---------
Trickster
Priest
Mage
Thief

Rogue
Wyvern Rider
Wyvern Lord / Dragonlord
Griffin Rider
Archer
Sniper
Sage
Assassin
Myrmidon
Swordmaster
Paladin
Cavalier
-----------Masculine----------
Lord
Great Lord
Dark Mage
Sorcerer / Druid

Horseman
Soldier
Halberdier
Great Knight (Awakening)
Knight
Bishop
General
Mercenary
Hero
Fighter
Warrior
Bandit
Berserker

And just for fun, continuing the trend of feminine to masculine:

For Laguz:

--Feminine--

Heron

--Gender Neutral--

Cat

Raven

Hawk

Wolf

Dragon

Lion

Tiger

Weapons (one of the easier ones simply taking into account typical weights and consequent feasibility of wielding each):

Axes

Lances

Swords

Bows

Daggers

Magic (this one I feel is extremely open to debate and interpretation, so I'm quite curious as to what everyone will think):

Lightning

Dark

Wind

Fire

Light

Masculine: Pegasus Knight

Feminine: Berserker/Warrior

^

I

I

This guy... :)

Oh no doubt about it, Berzerker is THE masculine class. Largo anyone?

Feminine is pretty debateable but I gotta go with Dancer on this one. Sylvia's talk with Sigurd, that is all.

The most masculine are probably the Woodshooter from TRS. Well, at least for me, I always loved tanks but I think the really manly man can just punch a hole through them.

The most feminine are the Lady Knights from Tear Ring Saga. I mean, it's right there in the title. They are different from normal knights in that don't have a pony but do instead have the ability to shot people in the head with a crossbow.

Edited by BrightBow

I don't get why classes need to have gender roles assigned to them.

because uhhhh

help me out op

Yes, you can have a rousing debate about anything imaginable, provided two individuals with at least a shred of interest and enough intelligence to hold a dialectic are present.

Your posts are rather emblematic of how far a forum can fall when the average person only responds with a line or two of text-speak (or off-topic ramblings) and an attempt at wit or to disparage something in order to appear elevated. I'm honestly disappointed in (most) of this forum (not that one should expect much of most forums), at least compared to what I remember it being several years ago. Maybe it's just this sub-forum.

thanks op

Dark Flier and Bride are the manliest

Thor rides on a black pegasus and casted thunder and wore a bride'sdress to beat up some giants to get his hammer back

how are those not manly

Edited by Thor Odinson

All up to interpretation, but I voted berserker and cleric...

I do have an OC that's a female axe fighter. She's Boyd's daughter and she absolutely hates it when people say things like "girls can't be that class!" Food for thought...

Who would actually say that...

People would. Heck, the post right above mine is pretty much saying there can't be female berserkers. Berserkers are similar to fighters...

Ciara gives whoever says it a death glare and informs them who her father is to shut them up: "I'll have you know my dad travels with the Greil Mercenaries under Lord Ike! Now say that to my axe!"

But if you mean Boyd himself would say it, well...idk. I think he'd be more proud than anything.

Edited by Dragoncat

Because everything needs to have an arbitrary gender assigned to them

Everything

Peg Knights ride a top majestic winged horses while wearing only shoulder pauldrons and a small breastplate and a white one piece dress. Most maculine indeed.

While Warriors and Berserkers wear very little and only have a defense as large as their health meter and aren't afraid to show off their body. Most feminine indeed.

Dark Flier and Bride are the manliest

Thor rides on a black pegasus and casted thunder and wore a bride'sdress to beat up some giants to get his hammer back

how are those not manly

That is very feminine actually.

Peg Knights ride a top majestic winged horses while wearing only shoulder pauldrons and a small breastplate and a white one piece dress. Most maculine indeed.

While Warriors and Berserkers wear very little and only have a defense as large as their health meter and aren't afraid to show off their body. Most feminine indeed.

What's feminine about a winged horse? All the legendary heroes of Greek Mythology who rode Pegasus were men. Sure it might be majestic but the same word is commonly used to describe a stag which is like the manliest woodland creature there is. The shoulder pauldrons and breastplate are a practical result of riding the creature and nothing is inherently feminine about light armor. The only thing feminine thing about Pegasus Rider's get up in Fire Emblem is the one piece dress which has nothing particularly practical about it and easily could be replaced with another fashion should IS ever decide to give us male pegs.

As for not being afraid to show off skin, Dancer's fit in the same group and are exclusively feminine in Fire Emblem.

Girls don't have the CON to wield axes :smug:

Inb4 banned for sexism

Weren't Troubadours male historically? They were like mounted poets who courted ladies or sumthin'.

In Tellius and Shadow Dragon CON don't mean shit :smug:

And yeah troubadour is a male term, the correct term for girls would be "trobairitz".

Thor is the metric of masculinity

Whatever thor does is /manliest/

long hair inclusive

truth

And please

Dark fliers are

Swift as Coursing River [High speed high mov]

With all the force of a great typhoon [Rexcalibur]

With all the strength of a raging fire [bolganon]

Mysterious as the DARK side of the moon [DARK flier]

so