Which classes are most masculine / feminine?

Jade Wind

Most Masculine / Feminine Classes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which class would you say is most masculine?

• Lord
    • General
    • Warrior
    • Beserker
    • Hero
    • Halberdier
    • Sorceror / Druid
    • Sniper
    • Bishop
    • Swordmaster
    • Paladin
    • Assassin
    • Rogue
    • Sage
  2. 2. Which class is the most feminine?

And please

Dark fliers are

Swift as Coursing River [High speed high mov]

With all the force of a great typhoon [Rexcalibur]

With all the strength of a raging fire [bolganon]

Mysterious as the DARK side of the moon [DARK flier]

so

Best Reference Ever.

[a "joke" about the perceived genderedness of all Light-using classes and most healers, referencing: the Church not ordaining women IRL and also longstanding questions in multiple organized religions of the role of women in the clergy, conflicting perceptions of medicine and the administration of which being seen as a masculine profession in recent history versus both the archetype of the backwoods herb-using medicine woman witch-healer and that of the nurse/caretaker being seen in turn as feminine, and how the support healer archetype in (J)RPGs is often female (and commonly presented as quite feminine)]

Edited by Rehab

For me it goes

Masculine:Warrior

Feminine:Dancer

I don`t know I always saw warriors as more masculine than berserker it was not until about FE5? that berserker got some muscle but back in FE3 where only 1 appeared it looked like a standard Hero with green armor on but too me warrior was always most masculine. And as for dancer eh I don`t really need to explain that one.

Hnnnng Dancer!Bartz looked fresh as fuck. That is definitely what I picture Inigo looking like if he was a dancer.

But yeah, dancer can't really be called feminine just because all FE dancers are coincidentally female. As far as FE lore is concerned, Pegs only like chicks which is why Peg is the only thing I can think of.

But yeah, dancer can't really be called feminine just because all FE dancers are coincidentally female. As far as FE lore is concerned, Pegs only like chicks which is why Peg is the only thing I can think of.

Except male dancers are bards...Nils is the only one as far as I know though.

Edited by Dragoncat

Bards are magic users who can promote into sages. Normally they can use Fire, Wind and Thunder but in Thracia they can even use Light magic before promotion. The ones we've seen are all male though.

Edited by BrightBow

I may have answered Cleric for most feminine looking, but my true choice is Ninian's dancer outfit, because the others kinda unsettle me (Seriously, any less clothes and they would pretty much be naked)

And for male, I chose Barbarian for obvious reasons

Bards are magic users who can promote into sages. Normally they can use Fire, Wind and Thunder but in Thracia they can even use Light magic before promotion. The ones we've seen are all male though.

In FE6-7 Bards are like dancers.

FE6 has Elphin who is a bard.

Back on topic, Berserkers are masculine, Dancers are feminine.

This poll is interesting. I voted Hero and Dancer as the most masculine and feminine based on the gender roles most commonly used in fantasy: the fearless, strong male that fights for good and protects the fragile (but valuable) and beautiful female. Other classes are similar to them in this regard, but none of them fill the role as neatly (except maybe Lord, which are the actual heroes of the storylines, after all).

I expected the absolute majority voting for Berserker as most masculine because Fire Emblem only casts muscular hot blooded men in the class and makes them promote from the usually male role of Pirate/Barbarian, but if you think about it, there is nothing inherently masculine about swinging an axe in a rage, is there? A female (or not very "manly" male) as a Berserker could be pulled off as easily as a female Hero or a male Dancer, if not more easily. In the same vein, I don't see any of the feminine options in the poll as inherently feminine save for maybe Troubadour; yes, the origin of the name comes from males, but Troubadours are, like Dancers, made to be fragile and beautiful and protected (unlike the Cleric, which is protected and valued because of their religious background moreso than their female fragility).

With all of this said, I also think it would be fun if IS didn't assign gender roles to classes. I want female Fighters/Warriors and Pirates/Berserkers, I want male Pegasus Knights and Troubadours. I even want more female enemies in general; we already have many female playable characters in the front lines anyway, so why not on the other side, too? (Even though I think they just insert the generic enemies that are not PKs/Troubadours as males out of laziness and not because they don't want women)

Edited by Axie