Who's the Best Trainee?

Trainee Questions  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Best Trainee

2. 2. Who Do You Pair With Amelia?

• Ross - Because Full Weapon Triangle
    • Ewan - Because Might & Magic
    • Franz - Because I Already Paired Seth With Eirika and Franz Needs a Good Support
    • Duesell - Because Mentor-Student Relationships Are Full of Win
    • No one - Because She's Useless

Ross is the worst trainee in each of my runs because of his low speed growth. He can't double anything. And his skill is lacking too.

Amelia always becomes different. In my first run she maxed defense and speed. In my latest run she maxed strength and luck, but her speed was lacking. However a great physical unit.

Ewan is the best trainee and best dark mage because of his good magic, skill and speed.

Eclipse is so broken against Lyon and Formotiis. Thanks A-support with Tethys he had at least 55% hitrate against Formotiis. So I could bring him down to 30 HP only by using eclipse twice.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

Ross is the worst trainee in each of my runs because of his low speed growth. He can't double anything. And his skill is lacking too.

Amelia always becomes different. In my first run she maxed defense and speed. In my latest run she maxed strength and luck, but her speed was lacking. However a great physical unit.

Ewan is the best trainee and best dark mage because of his good magic, skill and speed.

Eclipse is so broken against Lyon and Formotiis. Thanks A-support with Tethys he had at least 55% hitrate against Formotiis. So I could bring him down to 30 HP only by using eclipse twice.

You DO realize that personal experience counts for nothing, right...?

Also, Eclipse? Broken? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. Why try to rely on something that'll probably miss, much less against two relatively easy bosses? And as to Ewan, outside of RR, there's next to nothing he can do that another mage can't do better, which kinda hurts him. And Ewan being the best dark mage means as much as Ranulf being the best cat in RD, aka squat.

Edited by Levant Caprice

You DO realize that personal experience counts for nothing, right...?

Also, Eclipse? Broken? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. Why try to rely on something that'll probably miss, much less against two relatively easy bosses? And as to Ewan, outside of RR, there's next to nothing he can do that another mage can't do better, which kinda hurts him. And Ewan being the best dark mage means as much as Ranulf being the best cat in RD, aka squat.

The accuracy of eclipse is terrible, but if it's one of the strongest weapons against the final bosses and a free hit. And supports will give you a better accuracy. It's not much worse than with Ross' Garm and eclipse does much as damage to Formotiis as two attacks by Siegmund.

The accuracy of eclipse is terrible, but if it's one of the strongest weapons against the final bosses and a free hit. And supports will give you a better accuracy. It's not much worse than with Ross' Garm and eclipse does much as damage to Formotiis as two attacks by Siegmund.

Which doesn't mean much, if, you know, you can't hit. And it's not like it'd be worth letting it gather dust until the end of the game when selling Eclipse would given more profit over the long term.

Hey, Ewan using Eclipse is the reason I could actually kill Formotiis on my no promoted units playthrough - that has to count for something, right? ...Right?

Nah, it's kinda an irrelevant fact. He gets the potshot, and that's nice, but as long as you still have a few unbroken sacred twins, Formotiis goes down without ever getting an enemy phase attack on you anyway.

Ross is my favorite because he is a good unit and comes at a good time. His has the least competition in terms of other available units. Ewan is pretty good too and is the only one to use as a druid (since Knoll stinks) but he comes too late to beat other good magical units like Lute. Amelia has the problem with too much competition from other good units and not being that strong to begin with. I played one playthrough and tried for storyline endings. I choose Duessel since it makes more story sense and the love storyline support is old.

I was sure that all the trainees sucked until I decided to do some runs where I explicitly focused on using the sucky characters and babying them. It was a tedious experience, but Ross stood out as a huge surprise. I thought he was a great asset to the team, so I've been using him quite a bit more now. He can keep up well! Of course, is all my own personal experience, so if that doesn't count for anything, then....you can ignore this post. I don't put the time into running numbers and stats and stuff, I just play the game how I like ;)

I wish Knoll didn't suck so hard. The main reason I even like/use Ewan is because he can promote to Druid. I just wanted a goddamn Shaman from the get-go, IS, was that so much to ask? Maybe stick 'em in the same Chapter as Lute and Artur, so you get to play with magic of each type all at once...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Ross because he as any axe users has good HP, a really good attack and those 15% crit rate as berserker...

going on the water can be pretty useful sometimes and he comes really early on the game and can make you earn lots of money if he has good defense in the arena so ... Ross all the way ! :)

Second is Amelia, she has good Strength, Defense, Speed and sometimes Resistance too as General. I like her Paladin Sprite, but she isn't really strong with this class...

And I let her be with Franz when I let Natasha with Joshua.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if Ross and Amelia swapped join times Ross would be terrible and Amelia would be a really good unit to have. Merely look at 20/1 stats for Forde/Kyle/Franz and compared to Amelia at 10/20/1 stats. She basically has the same durability at Forde/Kyle/Franz. Although, lacking by about 2-3 points in HP and 1 point in defence. However, she gets a +5 in resistance compared to all of them. Afterwards, 15 in strength compared to 14/17 (lowest/highest). She has the best evasion ~60 compared to 45 as the next best. Skill is similar enough to the others it does not really matter too much. The only downside is that Amelia is stuck at 9 con on promotion compared to Franz/Forde after promotion.

For the game, Amelia is a great unit burdened by a terrible join time. Although, this is mainly looking at a point of view from going quickly and drafts.

In Ewan's case, I am not sure how great he would be if he had Ross's join time. For the stuff I am thinking about I still find Artur to pretty much be the best unit at that time for magic users. Staff users take forever to build up anything. Artur has enough speed/magic to do what I want from a magic user. Kill stuff in one shot that I need killed. Then, provide promotion uses with C rank staff and bonus damage to monsters for near endgame. All Ewan really has are good stats for battling, but not much utility other than maybe Mage Knight upon promotion or Summoning as a Summoner after promotion. Although, I suppose Luna (despite its accuracy) could find some uses. Either way, he has like no staff rank unless he goes Mage Knight.

Edited by Vorena