Smashing Discoveries

Dai

There's still plenty to discover about the characters and mechanics in this game, so why not share anything you might have found that no one's really found yet? Naturally, I'm sure some things have already been found out, but not everyone might really know about it.

Ganondorf is a veteran that I never really tried out, but thanks in part due to the rebalancing in this game, he's become an honorary main of mine thanks to his contributions to my Challenges in All Star Hard and Classic 9.0. One thing I've enjoyed is the fact that he gets the Sword of the Sages in one of his Standard B Custom Moves. However, I got to thinking about Marth and his Tipper Mechanic, and recalled that the sword that Ganondorf has here is quite slim, much like Marth's Falchion, which got me wondering if it had a Tipper of its own. Well, thanks to some testing with Jotari, I've found out that it does, and that it's capable of Shield Breaking quite easily.

Warlock Blade: Tipper Mechanics
*A Normal Warlock Blade will completely break a Perfect Shield or lower with the Tipper, but will fail against a Perfect Shield if not Tipped. However, it will still break any other shield, even if not tipped.
*A Reverse Warlock Blade will completely break a Perfect Shield or lower with any part of the blade.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Mac's Side Smash

It has 3 variants:

- Standard Jab (Hold Nothing): Used to send foes sideways

- Uppercut (Hold Up): Used to send foes flying vertically

- Inside Punch (Hold Down): Little-to-no knockback; useful for comboing.

The first 2-3 hits on Fox's f-air can spike. Meta Knight I believe shares this trait

Maybe this is more known, but Pac-Man's fire hydrant (down special) can spike when summoned, I think

Edited by Dusk Hunt Dodge

If you tap a character's portrait on the touch screen then they'll be highlighted on screen with a box. This is useful for team battles and chaotic matches but it can also be used to track a teleporting player, either to avoid surprise or two more accurately use your own teleporting moves.

Some animations can be cancelled into any action in the game (ie. shielding or running), although not all of them can be interrupted at the exact same time. Some of these animations include all of Shulk's poses when he activates a Monado Art and the Villager's shrugging animation when Pocket misses.

On any intensity where Master Core isn't fought, any attack that would finish Crazy Hand and deplete the rest of the Hands' combined health would instead leave Master Hand with 1 HP remaining.

Samus's Zero Laser has a vacumn effect behind her that pulls opponents into the laser just as it's about to come out.

The Brawl AI flaw where Ike won't use Aether to recover unless he is directly under the ledge still exists.

Edited by Kiseki

Even though the game says Stale Moves are still in, they don't seem to reduce damage anymore.

Wait, seriously? How'd you find that one out?

Oh lord, I can see it now. Endless spam.

Because I've used the same attack over and over and it does the same amount of damage each time.

Works in Online -> For Glory, at least.

Funny story about spam: I was playing Pikachu against a Robin, he was trying to recover and I kept knocking him out of Elwind with Thunder Jolt (neutral B) by sending it down the side of the stage. His Elwind broke. He died.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

The Brawl AI flaw where Ike won't use Aether to recover unless he is directly under the ledge still exists.

Does that include the custom moves, particularly the Aether with high horizontal gain?

Not sure if this is known or not... but here goes! (It doesn't affect any gameplay either) xD.

If you're facing left and use Peach's down taunt, she waves with her whole hand.

If you're facing right, and use Peach's down taunt, she uses her pointer finger (like the past Smash games).

If you time it right you can cancel the end lag of any of Shulk's aerials into a N-Air which will drastically decrease landing lag. (Shulk's N-Air has very little landing lag compared to most other aerials in the game.) Not my discovery, but when I found out about it on Smash Boards I thought it was neat.

Edited by Shulk

Does that include the custom moves, particularly the Aether with high horizontal gain?

I've only faced CPU Ike with his standard specials, so I'm not sure if CPUs can properly use custom moves.

Kirby cannot use the Earthquake glitch on Pictochat 2. Said glitch seems to be removed altogether.

Bet you didn't know that Robin can duel-wield both of his/her swords:

vZkTlzo.jpg

Basically Robin can catch the used Levin Sword before it hits the ground and throw it.

Don't know about the the tomes though.

Edited by SecondWorld

Bet you didn't know that Robin can duel-wield both of his/her swords:

vZkTlzo.jpg

Basically Robin can catch the used Levin Sword before it hits the ground and throw it.

Don't know about the the tomes though.

Whaaaat. How did anyone manage this?! o.o

Whaaaat. How did anyone manage this?! o.o

`When you drop Robin's weapons they become items you can pick up, very briefly. Unfortunately, I think, the sword is just a throwing item and can't be used like a beam sword.

Oh, I found something that I haven't seen anyone mention. Luigi has a new down grab. It's no longer the same as Mario's. Instead of just throwing his target to the ground, he holds them there and butt-slams them. lol