Smashing Discoveries

Dai

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logically if you manage to keep the Levin Item around long enough you would be able to dual...hold Levin Swords.

You can't drop another without using sword attacks, and all the sword attacks use A (so you'd have to drop the held sword). If you got your foe to hang onto it it might work, though.

You can't drop another without using sword attacks, and all the sword attacks use A (so you'd have to drop the held sword). If you got your foe to hang onto it it might work, though.

you can't uthrow and then catch it on the way down?

From The Home-Run Experiments with Peach (in other words, anyone who's played Peach for more than five seconds should know this):

Every third side-smash Peach does will do the following:

- Slightly more damage

- Launches the opponent higher, instead of sideways

Or just use two Robins.

Partner AI in Classic is shit.

It actually seems to get worse the higher the difficulty is, effectively making the game harder.

I've gone through matches on Classic 9.0 and the partner AI didn't land a single hit.

The Partner AI goes from Lv. 9 to Lv. 1 based on intensity. Be glad it's not like in Melee where they're always Lv. 1 regardless of set difficulty.

Doing a suicide KO will always result in the move's user being crowned victorious and will never trigger a Sudden Death. However, Swallowciding with Kirby or King Dedede can still result in a Sudden Death or losing the match if and only if the victim breaks loose.

However, Swallowciding with Kirby or King Dedede can still result in a Sudden Death or losing the match if and only if the victim breaks loose.

This is partly inaccurate. I remember doing a match with some people here online, and a Kirby user swallowed my Ike and tried to Kirbycide. I never got Ike to escape, but I still won.

This is partly inaccurate. I remember doing a match with some people here online, and a Kirby user swallowed my Ike and tried to Kirbycide. I never got Ike to escape, but I still won.

You probably escaped at the last second without realizing it. I've never had that happen to me before.

The Partner AI goes from Lv. 9 to Lv. 1 based on intensity.

So, in 1.0 Intensity, the Partner AI is Lv. 9? That's awesome!

And that means the Partner AI in 9.0 Intensity is Lv. 1? That sucks... so in 7.0 Intensity, it would be Lv. 3?

btw, what does AI mean?

Not sure how often this occurs or if it's random, but when playing on standard Reset Bomb Forest online none of the breakable structures that are normally seen on the second portion of the stage will be there. They don't seem like they've even been loaded from the game's data.

Not sure how often this occurs or if it's random, but when playing on standard Reset Bomb Forest online none of the breakable structures that are normally seen on the second portion of the stage will be there. They don't seem like they've even been loaded from the game's data.

What I've heard is that some stages change slightly in 4p matches; Reset Bomb Forest loses some of the destructible platforms, and the weird millipede(?) creature that moves across the bottom of the stage

EDIT: here we go http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2imvop/for_clarification_this_is_how_you_play_on_some/

Edited by Euklyd

So... I was messing around with training mode with Jigglypuff, and for some reason the smoke around Jiggly's head (I did 999% damage and 3 Zeldas) was... bigger, to say the least. I messed around with her Final Smash, used the Assist Trophy various times, and boom. big smoke.

I don't know how I made that, but I made it. Hooray, I guess?

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread for a few things I've found recently:

A completed Daybreak can be knocked out of your hands before you fire it. Anyone who picks up the completed Daybreak will be able to use it instantly.

A tipper from Marth's Side Smash can kill ridiculously early at low percents.

Mr. Game & Watch's D-Tilt has a wind effect above the manhole cover that pushes foes upward.

Greninja's Down Taunt can hurt. It knocks foes upward with a small push effect and can set up for a potential KO in Sudden Death.

I have discovered a glitch in the game. I would put it in a gif but no bad quality. So here is exactly what happened. After a weird timing on a side A smash with captain falcon, it created a large wind box pushing Pacman (using a side B) off the edge. I have no idea how to replicate the glitch sadly, but I at least have it in a replay.

I found a glitch were sometimes the music would stop playing in Classic.No idea how to do it again,but it was weird.

You can also tilt Shulk's side smash.And Lucario's Extreme Speed's aura-y tail does damage.

• 2 weeks later...

When Rosalina is helpless, Luma can still attack. Special moves can't be inputted but it makes coming back to the stage safer if Luma isn't away. Not sure if 1.0.4 will change this.

You can't taunt in For Glory unless it's at the start of the match and no attacks have landed (I think this goes away after some time). After getting a KO, you are granted to use only one taunt and can't use another until you get another KO. Use this wisely with Luigi and Greninja.

Edited by Kiseki