FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

The developers masked the real growth rates so they look like garbled numbers instead of the usual 1E = growth rate of 30%.

These "garbled numbers" are read by an algorithm in the game which converts them to the actual growth rates. But we don't know what that algorithm is.

Basically the developers know we hack the games, so they tried to prevent us from reading the most important data.

In FE12, you could use the emulator debug tools to read the algorithm, but dunno if anybody is that proficient in 3DS hacking to do it for this game.

What I do is use a work-around to convert the garbled numbers into less garbled numbers and then map them to real growths. But this involves knowing the mapping (we can map most of the numbers thanks to the guidebooks).

No, BS Fire Emblem is the extra 5th game according to Nintendo (ever since FE12 came out).

yeah couldn't you just assume our growths are correct, then use that to match values with the numbers?

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah couldn't you just assume our growths are correct, then use that to match values with the numbers?

That is what I've done.

There are still a couple of growth rates unaccounted for, like Tiki has a lot of unknown growths.

Plus I don't trust any values over 70% because the guidebooks go off the charts at that point.

This ending screen is a bit interesting to me, at least, since the colors used in a paired ending screen are different ingame while the solo ending screen is left unchanged. I wonder how they do that.

2. Stahl, Lon'qu and Olivia have map sprites as Heroes, despite not having access to Fighter or Mercenary. Maybe Hero was a class option for Myrmidon? Say'ri too.

I don't know about the others, but maybe the Mercenary class was considered as one of Olivia's reclasses, since Inigo's starting class ended up being Mercenary. Just a thought.

Did other units with access to Myrmidon like Sully and Yen'fay have Hero map sprites as well?

This ending screen is a bit interesting to me, at least, since the colors used in a paired ending screen are different ingame while the solo ending screen is left unchanged. I wonder how they do that.

I don't know about the others, but maybe the Mercenary class was considered as one of Olivia's reclasses, since Inigo's starting class ended up being Mercenary. Just a thought.

Did other units with access to Myrmidon like Sully and Yen'fay have Hero map sprites as well?

It could be a brightness overlay; that's just my guess anyway.

Good catch, Sully does have a Hero sprite, but not Yen'fay to my knowledge.

It could be a brightness overlay; that's just my guess anyway.

Good catch, Sully does have a Hero sprite, but not Yen'fay to my knowledge.

Yen'fay not having one makes sense. Sully, Olivia, Stahl, Say'ri, and Lon'qu would likely all be before likely Assassin was given to Myrms then, while Yen'fay would be after the switch.

Likewise, I can assume that they likely though that giving Thieves two exclusive classes (Assassin and Trickster) was likely too much compared to Merc, Myrm, and Fighter all getting hero, so the least likely one would be changed to what it was in Sacred Stones.

this is all conjecture though

Also, I love all the little touches like iron14 or Laguz-Taguel in the data.

Another thing that caught my eye: some prototype chapter titles, I believe.

Chapter 5: Young Squires

title.ctpk.lz_100%28chapter%29.png

Borrowed from FE12?

Challenge: Valmese Water Gate

title.ctpk.lz_10100%28chapter_other%29.p

A variation of Great Gate?

I would have liked to see Olivia as a Hero. Because even though she would either miss out on Astra or Galeforce, both of which are super awesome skills. Or maybe she was intended to have 3 class branches (Kjelle already has like 5 off the bat, so it is fairly likely)

title.ctpk.lz_100(chapter).png

Borrowed from FE12?

title.ctpk.lz_10100(chapter_other).png

I'm more interested in the nice little sketch art behind each chapter title.

I would have LOVED that in the finished game.

Blazer guessed right; they're still in the process of ripping all the portraits.

I gave them a little tip and with luck we'll be able to salvage all the files ctrtool missed.

Dunno about confession images just yet.

EDIT

Have some fun icons.

icon_E_5BC00%28skill%29.png

icon_E_13C00%28item%29.png

More here

Is the order of the sheets the same as the ingame order, because the skill order is a little wierd. hit +10 is among the player avalible skills while luck plus 4 is among the enemy only skills. Perhaps luck+4 is at the bottem of the list because they added it (or made it a player skill) only after they decided to make dance a class effect instead of a skill.) Also, are the dlc skill icons in a no dlc rom?

Edited by sirmola

they likely wouldn't have models so that would cause an issue

i admit i'm not so sure that's a problem with fe13's system. i was under the impression that as far as battle models go for reclasses, nine times out of ten it's a case of just automatically gluing the character's head model onto the class's body model with no real prior work really necessary. after all, if they did go through and ensure every head was individually applied to every relevant class body they could access, then we wouldn't get bizarre shit like the bonus unit marth's reclasses and how ridiculous that tiny head looks on most of his reclass options

on a more relevant point, holy shit those unused chapter title slides. HUGE stylistic improvement over what the final game gave us!

Edited by bookofholsety

i admit i'm not so sure that's a problem with fe13's system. i was under the impression that as far as battle models go for reclasses, nine times out of ten it's a case of just automatically gluing the character's head model onto the class's body model with no real prior work really necessary. after all, if they did go through and ensure every head was individually applied to every relevant class body they could access, then we wouldn't get bizarre shit like the bonus unit marth's reclasses and how ridiculous that tiny head looks on most of his reclass options

on a more relevant point, holy shit those unused chapter title slides. HUGE stylistic improvement over what the final game gave us!

Do you mean king or prince marth (and which re-classes in particular)?

Do you mean king or prince marth (and which re-classes in particular)?

all three of the bonus marths, since they all use exactly the same head model (taken from lucina). here's a miiverse post highlighting it in action

anyway, there's even more progress over on vg resource: we have portrait sheet dumps!

title.ctpk.lz_100%28chapter%29.png

Borrowed from FE12?

title.ctpk.lz_10100%28chapter_other%29.p

IIRC, both Alm and Celica's route's in Gaiden had a mission that took place at a floodgate near the end of Chapter 3, I believe it was. Perhaps there was plans at some point to do another callback map in the vain of one of the other maps, like Ch. 1 from FE3.

Confessions are a-go!

If you check out The Spriter's Resouce you should find a bunch of them plus regular portraits.

Also, stuff from CGs:

Tlp_Ev_001_ED2_01.r_119680%28people2%29.

Tlp_Ev_001_ED2_01.r_159680%28people3%29.

Tlp_Ev_012_OP0_01.r_2C180%28CRM%29.png

Olivia's confession:

Tlp_Ev_c023.r_7DB00%28chara%29.png

Gangrel's confession:

Tlp_Ev_c043.r_72700%28chara%29.png

Beta Gangrel confession:

Tlp_Ev_c047.r_B980%28chara_01%29.png

Is that... an actual palette swap or the palette gone wrong?

Appears twice, presumably for Morgan male and female?

Oh, the spriters resource has some mugs up:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/3ds/fireemblemawakening/

Also has all the MU parts if someone wants to make a generator.

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Pink Gangrel is... something :0

Might not be just a palette swap? He has a small difference from the normal one, pinky there has highlights in his eyes while normal doesn't.

Edited by L95