FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

Confessions are a-go!

If you check out The Spriter's Resouce you should find a bunch of them plus regular portraits.

Also, stuff from CGs:

Tlp_Ev_001_ED2_01.r_119680(people2).png

Tlp_Ev_001_ED2_01.r_159680(people3).png

Tlp_Ev_012_OP0_01.r_2C180(CRM).png

Olivia's confession:

Tlp_Ev_c023.r_7DB00(chara).png

Gangrel's confession:

Tlp_Ev_c043.r_72700(chara).png

Beta Gangrel confession:

Tlp_Ev_c047.r_B980(chara_01).png

Is that... an actual palette swap or the palette gone wrong?

Appears twice, presumably for Morgan male and female?

Time to commission someone to mimick Yusuke Kozaki's style for an MaMU x FeMU confession once we're actually able to reinsert crap back into the game.

Also, as another note… are there any artists that are willing to mimic Yusuke Kozaki’s style and the resolution with the ripped confession images?

No, seriously... I am 100% serious about commissioning a MaMU x FeMU confession image and putting it back into the game once we are able to reencrypt 3DS ROMs and run them.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really know it's only the start of this...

But I'm somehow excited that someday, we'll be able to modify even just the portraits/CGs/Graphics and text.

Haha, I hope the wait won't be another 2 years XD

I heard some rumblings that Smash 3DS prompted all the recent tools and findings.

Maybe I should try and figure out what stuff I'd like to test on a modded ROM. Growths would be a thing, but it'd be useless since there's no debugger to read them like in FE12...

Maybe I should try and figure out what stuff I'd like to test on a modded ROM.

Skill modifications, reclasses, and base stats/caps for me. I want to see MaMU in a bride dress.

And the obvious in-game version of this.

For RAM hacking, I'm interested in how the Battle Animation queue is handled in Awakening.

...I know it's probably not possible, but I'm wondering if the "Pair Up" slot is there for enemies too.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I wish I could see Phila's in-game battle run a crit, i'd liek to hear the voice that was originally intended for her.

Also, there's a spot empty under Gerome's selection in the http://www.spriters-resource.com/. Anyone know who's supposed to be there?

I wish I could see Phila's in-game battle run a crit, i'd liek to hear the voice that was originally intended for her.

Honestly, it might just be empty (like the MU mute voice option in Japnaese), considering how her voice when she gets wrecked is the same as Raimi's, Pheros's, and generic female enemies.

Anyone know the RBG or Hex or so on color codes for the My Unit hair colors?

Holy crap I just noticed that Validar could blush I'm cracking up so much right now.

8U Blushing Validar? Dear god I hope he wasn't intended to be like Walmart or Gangrel, as in marriageable.

Edited by Faye

A few more minor discoveries...

1. There is partial data for the DLC on the American ROM. Mostly just the dialogue though.

2. There are some unused names between the playable characters: Leopold, Tracy and Andrea.

I like to see how Leopold, Tracy, and Andrea looks like.

And also, is there like any unused Legacy characters from the previous games appeared in the data? If found it yet, just to make sure?

But, it's really surprising to see Gangrel has a pink palette. :o:

Edited by Roronoa Zoro

Gerome's Sprites at the Spriter's Resource show a maskless cut-in. Hot damn, I'd actually use him if it weren't for that ugly mask. 8U When hacking becomes possible, I'll definitely switch the ugly mask sprites with his handsome face.

I like to see how Leopold, Tracy, and Andrea looks like.

And also, is there like any unused Legacy characters from the previous games appeared in the data? If found it yet, just to make sure?

But, it's really surprising to see Gangrel has a pink palette. :o:

I think all the portraits were ripped, so it looks like those three don't have a portrait sadly.

I've seen the legacy data and there's nothing surprising, except Eldigan, which is hardly surprising : P

It could be a brightness overlay; that's just my guess anyway.

Good catch, Sully does have a Hero sprite, but not Yen'fay to my knowledge.

What about Stahl he has myrmidon too.

P.S. Can you show us the unused hero sprites that would be great

^ It was already mentioned that Stahl had an unused Hero map sprite. Same with Lon'qu and Olivia.

Every since the sprite rips got posted I've been seeing a lot of people recreate MUs and honestly, I couldn't resist making a couple myself.

I could try getting all the colors from Miiverse screenshots, though since the sprite rips have been posted I've found out that the colors in Miiverse screenshots are very slightly distorted. For instance, the color used in feMU's skin tone, #fff6e6, turns out as #fdf6e4 in a Miiverse screenshot, and the color used in Donnel's skin tone, #ffe0c7, becomes #fddfc5 in a Miiverse screenshot. Honestly it's a very unnoticeable difference but they still won't be the exact colors.

I could try getting all the colors from Miiverse screenshots, though since the sprite rips have been posted I've found out that the colors in Miiverse screenshots are very slightly distorted. For instance, the color used in feMU's skin tone, #fff6e6, turns out as #fdf6e4 in a Miiverse screenshot, and the color used in Donnel's skin tone, #ffe0c7, becomes #fddfc5 in a Miiverse screenshot. Honestly it's a very unnoticeable difference but they still won't be the exact colors.

the distortion's likely a result of nintendo insisting on jpeg screenshots for miiverse and its other in-game screenshot services, which results in just a little bit of quality degradation. it's most noticeable when you're looking at item sprites, but i'm not surprised that the colours suffer for it as well. i don't think screenshots from a capture card have that problem, so perhaps rey's two years' worth of capture card screenshots could be the answer here

Anyone remember the FE10 tome rips?

Ta-da! Enjoy some FE13 tomes.

I bet this is the most-wanted tome.

wep_mg21.m_6980(wep_mg21_c).png

I love how the developers put the triforce on one of the game's legendary weapons. (granted, that symbol can mean other things, but none of them seem relevant here.)

the distortion's likely a result of nintendo insisting on jpeg screenshots for miiverse and its other in-game screenshot services, which results in just a little bit of quality degradation. it's most noticeable when you're looking at item sprites, but i'm not surprised that the colours suffer for it as well. i don't think screenshots from a capture card have that problem, so perhaps rey's two years' worth of capture card screenshots could be the answer here

Loopy's capture card gets exactly what is displayed on screen and captured in PNG format in 400 x 480 resolution.

8U Blushing Validar? Dear god I hope he wasn't intended to be like Walmart or Gangrel, as in marriageable.

Your character being able to marry there dad is just... Eww (I'll assume everyone here has beaten Awakening, if not skip this post!)

Loopy's capture card gets exactly what is displayed on screen and captured in PNG format in 400 x 480 resolution.

i'll take that as a "yes capture cards are the answer for true colours" :P

I looked closer at the tome textures and noticed two things.

1. The symble on the book of naga looks like somewhat like the brand of naga, but it's not a perfect ringer.

http://serenesforest.net/download/fe13/b/wep_mg16.m_6980%28wep_mg16_c%29.png

2. The book that michaia is holding in her dlc art is almost exactly the same as the in-game model for michaia's pire. (the other book does not seem to correspond to any tome in the game or fe10.)

http://serenesforest.net/download/fe13/b/wep_mg25.m_6980%28wep_mg25_c%29.png

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/awakening/dlc-art/DLC_Micaiah.jpg

Edited by sirmola

Are the unit textures extractable? As well as DLC content? Because it would be amazing if the people who did the battle models on Lucina to put the Brand of the Exalt on her eye.