FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well running modified roms is now ok. You can run unsigned code with 3ds CFW

http://hackinformer.com/2014/11/01/3ds-cfw-leaked-for-4-5-firmware/

Here's a better discussion about that: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-cfw-cia-installer.373461/

Also, it seems that the guy stole the stuff and that the "CFW" he released is an old version of what the actual #3dsdev hackers are using. So bugs galore! :D

So, premature release.

Greaaat.

Not exactly a release. It was a leak. :P

Other than that, yeah...it's not very useful except installing some DLCs. But some people say it might be a "good" thing since it may help speed things up for the 3DS hacking scene or it could make things worse since it's sort of getting some of the devs pissed off about it. Anyway, you can enjoy the drama about it on the link I shared earlier. I'm sure you would understand more things better than me.

Not exactly a release. It was a leak. :P

Yeah I figured as much. "Premature release" was what I meant with that.

Did you pay someone to install your capture card? Why not just swap it out yourself?

Even if I get loopy to swap out the capture cards, footage for my legit Japanese games with the legit DLC can't be captured at that point.

Well, just as you said, patience... really.

I wonder if saves can be decrypted with a homebrew capable 3DS then...

Even that'll be enough to get my fix for a while until RAM hacking is available.

But first they have to figure out how to decrypt and re-encrypt saves. ^w^;

Edit: There's more info about this guy. Don't trust what he releases: https://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-and-virus-dont-run-random-executable.372872/

Edited by Linkmstr

Even that'll be enough to get my fix for a while until RAM hacking is available.

ROM hacking is superior anyway.

Although, if I'm honest, RAM hacking is getting better and better or is it because games are storing more stuff in the RAM now?

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open.

I usually end up data-mining more than doing actual hands-on hacking, but I do want to see some crazy stuff eventually.

I usually end up data-mining more than doing actual hands-on hacking, but I do want to see some crazy stuff eventually.

Crazy and crack pretty much being MU x MU and their god-like stats will be amazing to see.

Here's all the unused content in one place, if anyone's interested: Link to article

When I'm bored, I'll comb through the game again.

I should probably fill in those missing class base stats and maximum stats too, since they're not ciphered or anything silly.

Of all the discoveries made in this thread, I'm most interested in the three name strings. Leopold, Tracie, and Andrea possibly having been planned as playable characters is quite interesting, and the positioning of the names also hints at where they might have appeared. Andrea, in particular, is grouped with characters like Priam and Walhart, meaning that he could have potentially been a significant character in the plot that you could recruit before the final boss. This is just my speculation, though.

It's a shame that the three characters have no portraits or other hints at what their roles in the story could have been.

Ok, so the page saids that Leopold, Tracie and Andrea don't have physical data (but, I already saw that Ayven Knight/VincentASM mentions that they don't have portraits earlier - which it's kinda a bummer that we don't get a chance to see what they look like), but doesn't that also mean that those three doesn't have unused in-game models as well I suppose?

And also, I like to see what Olivia's and some of the other playable characters' unused in-game Hero battle model (if some of theirs appeared are generic or not) and also an Emmeryn's in-game Mage battle model looks like as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

Ok, so the page saids that Leopold, Tracie and Andrea don't have physical data (but, I already saw that Ayven Knight/VincentASM mentions that they don't have portraits earlier - which it's kinda a bummer that we don't get a chance to see what they look like), but doesn't that also mean that those three doesn't have unused in-game models as well I suppose?

If they don't even have portraits/map sprites, etc, I really doubt they'd have a model. (From what I understand there is no data other than the names, so we don't even have any idea what class they would be.)

So these texture rips are pretty awesome, but they make me curious: is there any hope of model rips in the future?

Yes. There's already model viewers/extractors out there and people have been playing around with their games, adding support :)

I took a look at the unidentified map, and I tried squinting really hard at the bottom-right, and I think the biggest bit of text on it says "The Great [something] Empire." I took a wild guess and tried comparing it with Begnion, and the coastline looked somewhat similar. Below are my findings.

comparison_zps4befd8e7.png

Issues:

• Where are Kilvas and Phoenicis?
  • What happened to Lake Semper?

Another place that looked similar to the same area on the map (but is even less likely to be correct) is Lazberia from Berwick Saga.

sto02_000.jpg

Edited by Aethin

Yeah, it is. I know what it is, but not why it's here : PIf you Google the text, you can find out the origins of this particular map too.

*ahem*

May... I add in my two cents?

I forgot where exactly I read this, I remember going through articles listed on the wikia, but I recall that early in development of Awakening, the idea of Earth being the setting whether it be the past, or present was an idea. Clearly, this idea was scrapped.

Also, if you stare hard at the rack to the armourer's right, you can see a bunch of healing items: Vulnerary, Concoction, Elixir, Sweet Tincture and something I can't recognise.

I realize this might be a bit late but I think that last item was a tonic, like a Luck Tonic or something.

Where are the portraits for characters that have changed classes ( EG tharja as cavalier , etc)?

...they don't exist? the game has never had portraits which take reclassing into account, period. tharja always wears her shitty lingerie in her portrait in every class