FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

Knock yourself out (~70 MB)

I may have missed a few files (I already noticed one or two files that aren't there, but should be there. No idea why they aren't...).

HOLY BUTTS, YOU ARE THE BEST.

I have no idea how to possibly thank you, but you are unbelievably awesome.

Edited by Tigerpanda13

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knock yourself out (~70 MB)

I may have missed a few files (I already noticed one or two files that aren't there, but should be there. No idea why they aren't...).

Is that file likely to contain unused textures (ie, you dumped all of them), or did you just search for each used texture?

Edited by sirmola

Is that file likely to contain unused textures (ie, you dumped all of them), or did you just search for each used texture?

It's probably something that's used, but I dunno why it's not in my folder.

Maybe I didn't paste it properly or the texture ripping program didn't pull it. Or maybe there's not even got a texture in the file.

Basically, if anyone notices any texture that's blatantly missing, you can blame me XD

It's probably something that's used, but I dunno why it's not in my folder.

Maybe I didn't paste it properly or the texture ripping program didn't pull it. Or maybe there's not even got a texture in the file.

Basically, if anyone notices any texture that's blatantly missing, you can blame me XD

I meant, will there be any textures in you file that are not used in the final game?

I meant, will there be any textures in you file that are not used in the final game?

I just copied all the textures I found.

There are around 1000 files, so I'm not going to look through and see what's used or what isn't XD

actually just edited Owain's confession sprites so he has his normal eye color instead of brown eyes and I'm planning on fixing up a bunch of other confession portraits as well.

[spoiler=Original sprite sheet]63445.png

[spoiler=Edited sprite sheet]tumblr_nerot3H4jw1skqdh1o1_1280.png

Quick question, as I find eye colors interesting...

What color eyes does Owain have exactly? I used to think they were hazel, but...

And... If that isn't the case, does he get the color from Lissa?

Edited by ~Silver

Quick question, as I find eye colors interesting...

What color eyes does Owain have exactly? I used to think they were hazel, but...

And... If that isn't the case, does he get the color from Lissa?

Zooming in using GIMP...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portrait and critical cut-in = #9aabab (light blue-grey, gotten from Lissa)

Confession = #635b4a (de-saturated brown, more like Sumia's...)

Official Artwork = Hard to tell, but Looks like Lissa's

Texture Files = #453423 (Dark Brown)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR = NO ONE KNOWS.

Edited by Tigerpanda13

It also appear generic NPC head models have blue palettes maybe you were meant to control generics at one point or places holders to prevent the game to crash with hackers?

EDIT: What is this for?

http://i.imgur.com/Af1J2mO.png

There's one in black and white too

Also assuming the game somehow changes the hair color for the kids and my units different hair colors (it would seem odd it change color for those but all the those reppetive textures for the different armies

Edited by weso12

1. - Probably just placeholders or "just in case" stuff.

2. - Those are just test patterns. There are more of them, and some of them say "Test" on them. Those are probably some of what they used to make sure the textures were drawing from the right places.

3. - That would be my conclusion as well. If you're looking the hair files, you may recognize some of the MU hairstyles. For instance, uHair_F_c054_01_c0 is pretty obviously FMU 2's second hairstyle (short female, long straight hair with straight chopped bangs and black bows on the sides).

They are all white.

I'm going through and renaming the files for my own purposes by what they're used for, so I'll track down what ones are missing.

I've already noticed that the bronze sword texture is missing. It could be that it borrows from the lance texture, so I might be mistaken.

Also, Arcfire and Bolganone have the same texture? and Rexcalibur has the same symbol? Oh, that is going to BUG me...

Missing so far:

• Bronze Sword
  • Short Spear
  • Killer Lance
  • Superior Lance
  • Innes' Bow (Arrow and Quiver are there)
Edited by Tigerpanda13

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Balcerzak, November 14, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, November 14, 2014 - No reason given

*deleted*

Edited by Tigerpanda13

Zooming in using GIMP...

Portrait and critical cut-in = #9aabab (light blue-grey, gotten from Lissa)

Confession = #635b4a (de-saturated brown, more like Sumia's...)

Official Artwork = Hard to tell, but Looks like Lissa's

Texture Files = #453423 (Dark Brown)

TL;DR = NO ONE KNOWS.

...maybe his eyes change color?

It would fit a guy of Owain's standing.

Does anyone know how to edit the hair colors of the My Unit and future children sprites? 8U; I have tried myself, using Photoshop, but the results are messy and gross, nothing like the color in the game.

MPID_ライミ Raimi

MPID_イマーン Iman

MPID_シャラール Chalard

MPID_ムスタファー Mustafa

MPID_密偵 Spy

MPID_ヤウズ Yauz

MPID_マテウス Mattheus

MPID_デュラント Durant

MPID_セルバンテス Cervantes

MPID_ディセンデ Descend

MPID_バルカ Barca

MPID_エクセライ Excellus

MPID_ナーガ Naga

MPID_ギムレー Grima

Wait, so Naga was meant to be a boss? Or is this just a list of important non-playable characters?

Or maybe he's just named Spy? I vaguely remember random assassins walking around the Feroxi cutscenes...maybe that?

Hey hey so uh I asked about the models before but the friend that wants to use them (actually I'd like playing with them too but this is mostly for her xP) just got a FE13 ROM to try stuff with.

It's unfortunately hard to find "3DS model ripper" rather than "model ripper compatible with 3ds Max", but I did end up here not long ago: http://forums.maco64.com/topic/7185751/1/
I haven't tried it, I'm not the one with the ROM, but is this even the right direction, or should we be trying something else, or, uhhh...?

EDIT: Not-so-breaking news!

"

...yknow
I don't even
know how to decompile this thing
and google is useless
"

So uh yeah that sounds kinda important, given I mean decryption is kinda the breakthrough that led to this thread being created so uhhhh?

Edited by 47948201

If people want to try viewing models, I can upload sample files until you figure out the format.

Here's everyone's favourite Manakete: Download

Disclaimer: Head and hair aren't included, so don't freak if body features are missing.

Ah, some huge news I missed, I see, even if I'm just a few weeks off.

If that DLC trailer showed anything, this game's models are made with Maya. But I don't think this is useful info...

Apparently, there's this forensic tool that identifies file formats. I'm not gonna install Java just for that, though, and I doubt a new, private file format would end up in a British public organisation's database this soon.

Seeing that some people started to figure out how to extract Smash 3DS models... *searches* Yep, methods that would work for other games' BCMDL / BRRES / whatever format don't seem to work here.

Rightful God through breeding, canon.

So...

Chrom x Sumia
Lissa x Vaike
Frederick x Maribelle
Virion x Cherche
Sully x Kellam
Stahl x Miriel
Ricken x Panne
Gaius x Tharja
Cordelia x Libra
Gregor x Nowi
Olivia x Henry
Lucina x Laurent
Owain x Kjelle
Inigo x Cynthia
Brady x Severa
Gerome x Nah
Yarne x Noire

Because of not having an actual “fast” support, the following characters have been omitted to stay single in canon (or MU x MU, because two Morgans):

Male MU
Female MU
Donnel (Yeah, extra male gen 1)
Lon’qu (Makes sense)
Male Morgan
Female Morgan

I got 5 of these pairings right. Brady × Severa and Henry × Olivia are the only ones that I could tell based on the conversation. Besides those and the obvious Chrom × Sumia, I got Stahl × Miriel and Inigo × Cynthia right by sheer coinidence. Other than those, Gaius × Tharja surprised me; I thought he'd end up with Mariabelle or Nowi (I paired him with Nowi). Obviously, I didn't count the support points back then; and I'll continue to support my headcanon regardless. Virion × Libra FTW!

Edited by nocturnal YL

So did anyone else notice that Olivia's battle model has freckles? I actually never noticed it until I looked through the battle model textures:

tumblr_nf0s4ooH1I1skqdh1o1_400.jpg

tumblr_nf0s4ooH1I1skqdh1o2_400.png

tumblr_inline_nf0s4zU9dN1rhzdy5.png

Despite this, her character portrait doesn't have freckles which is a real shame since that would be just adorable.

It also appear generic NPC head models have blue palettes maybe you were meant to control generics at one point or places holders to prevent the game to crash with hackers?

Maybe the past game characters at some point were meant to use generic enemy models rather than Avatars? Male enemy Knights in the DLC chapters use the default enemy Knight model, rather than Avatar faces, so that could be a glitch due to changing how they worked at some point.

Edited by NeonZ

So did anyone else notice that Olivia's battle model has freckles? I actually never noticed it until I looked through the battle model textures:

tumblr_nf0s4ooH1I1skqdh1o1_400.jpg

tumblr_nf0s4ooH1I1skqdh1o2_400.png

tumblr_inline_nf0s4zU9dN1rhzdy5.png

Despite this, her character portrait doesn't have freckles which is a real shame since that would be just adorable.

Olivia with freckles on the portrait would be all 10 kinds of adorable

Ah, some huge news I missed, I see, even if I'm just a few weeks off.

If that DLC trailer showed anything, this game's models are made with Maya. But I don't think this is useful info...

Apparently, there's this forensic tool that identifies file formats. I'm not gonna install Java just for that, though, and I doubt a new, private file format would end up in a British public organisation's database this soon.

Seeing that some people started to figure out how to extract Smash 3DS models... *searches* Yep, methods that would work for other games' BCMDL / BRRES / whatever format don't seem to work here.

If the file header is any clue, these are just CGFX files, although possible modified ones.

Sadly I don't have a program that can view them : /