FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

Is it the North American version?

If so, that's perfect for me (but maybe not for SoC : P).

When I have time, I'll think of some simple edits that I can do. I may do Chrom x Cordelia, but I'll try an earlier support combination too so you don't have to reach Chapter 10 or whenever to find out the modification didn't work.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone figure out save file structure? I wanted to upload decrypted save files from savedatafiler but seems like I'm not permitted to upload those kind of files.

Edit: Here are Chapter0 and Global save file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dobi872la784z0u/Chapter0.zip?dl=0

These are chapter 1 saves and I have no idea what's the difference between these two.

Chrom: 20 7 1 8 8 5 7 1

Frederick: 28 13 2 12 10 6 14 3
Lissa: 17 1 5 4 4 8 3 4
Edited by Doraemon

Did anyone figure out save file structure? I wanted to upload decrypted save files from savedatafiler but seems like I'm not permitted to upload those kind of files.

Edit: Here are Chapter0 and Global save file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dobi872la784z0u/Chapter0.zip?dl=0

These are chapter 1 saves and I have no idea what's the difference between these two.

Chrom: 20 7 1 8 8 5 7 1

Frederick: 28 13 2 12 10 6 14 3
Lissa: 17 1 5 4 4 8 3 4

Those are their starting stats, I think. I think with the Avatar it is just showing them with no assets or flaws

Just decrypt romfs and mod then repack them

Here is my work.I just mod base stats

hqKq9bbl.jpg

Just for curiosity's sake... Have you modded them to past 127?

I'm wondering if they use the 8-bit value like in Radiant Dawn, except they were signed, so anything past 127 would... well... reduce your stat to zero.

Edited by shadowofchaos

hqKq9bbl.jpg

I'm wondering if they use the 8-bit value like in Radiant Dawn, except they were signed, so anything past 127 would... well... reduce your stat to zero.

i didnt try yet,may be it use the unsigned value so you can put it to 255 like FF series

anyway,DLC is dumped.All DLC will coming soon

http://www.3dsiso.com/showthread.php?263073-CIA-Dropbox-Fire-Emblem-Awakening-DLC-US-Apotheosis-Added

Edited by thinhvnn

i didnt try yet,may be it use the unsigned value so you can put it to 255 like FF series

anyway,DLC is dumped.All DLC will coming soon

-snip-

Aw, it's the DLC US version... I wanted the Japanese version of the DLC... ;m;

Again, more proof that it's possible to play modified roms. :P

Teach me your waysssss on PM (message me). I need to create the ultimate MU. @3@;

Can't wait to create the ultimate Gim-Rey? :D

Edited by Linkmstr

hqKq9bbl.jpg

This is glorious.

I wonder how much damage they would do with a critical Venegance from Hautclere (highest might weapon in the game)

hqKq9bbl.jpg

Too bad this can't be sent through Streetpass XDD ...Or can it?

So, does anyone still think Avatar isn't OP?

On a more serious note, I have a question: Is 99 HP a hard cap? Like, if you gave that guy a tonic or confection or tear or whatever, would the HP go higher? Then again, if they COULD have made the HP higher for the final Lunatic+ boss, they almost definitely would have, so I doubt it...

Kinda odd that the GBA games actually had a HIGHER true HP cap than a 3DS game.

So, does anyone still think Avatar isn't OP?

On a more serious note, I have a question: Is 99 HP a hard cap? Like, if you gave that guy a tonic or confection or tear or whatever, would the HP go higher? Then again, if they COULD have made the HP higher for the final Lunatic+ boss, they almost definitely would have, so I doubt it...

Kinda odd that the GBA games actually had a HIGHER true HP cap than a 3DS game.

It is. They somehow manage to have the highest known HP cap (255)

The HP cap is likely arbitrary and can be raised or lowered.

Again, more proof that it's possible to play modified roms. :P

Teach me your waysssss on PM (message me). I need to create the ultimate MU. @3@;

No way. This information ought to be public, and might as well be shared on the forums with others rather than only through PM with one.

over on tsr, it looks like ploaj has wrapped up the sprite dumps, and a few things caught my eye while looking through the spotpass portrait dumps. namely, unused characters! there's portraits for fe7!bartre, ninian and fe12's default-build male avatar; unlike the used ones, none of them have the card pattern backing applied to them. there are also a few duplicate instances of 11!marth and 12!marth's portraits without the backing, which look like they're just filling space

there's also yet another dummy silhouette portrait among them, this one with the spotpass card backing; i THINK the silhouette's the same one used on dlc units when the sd card's not in, but the backing itself isn't the same dlc one used in such a case

hardly a mystery why ninian and arguably 12!avatar were cut, but there you go

Edited by bookofholsety

over on tsr, it looks like ploaj has wrapped up the sprite dumps, and a few things caught my eye while looking through the spotpass portrait dumps. namely, unused characters! there's portraits for fe7!bartre, ninian and fe12's default-build male avatar; unlike the used ones, none of them have the card pattern backing applied to them. there are also a few duplicate instances of 11!marth and 12!marth's portraits without the backing, which look like they're just filling space

there's also yet another dummy silhouette portrait among them, this one with the spotpass card backing; i THINK the silhouette's the same one used on dlc units when the sd card's not in, but the backing itself isn't the same dlc one used in such a case

hardly a mystery why ninian and arguably 12!avatar were cut, but there you go

I wonder what class they wouldv'e made FE12 MU. They probs didnt put him in cause of that and Ninian because of the dancer animation probably being olivia exlusive.

I wonder what class they wouldv'e made FE12 MU. They probs didnt put him in cause of that and Ninian because of the dancer animation probably being olivia exlusive.

Well, they would have made FE12 MU (Kris/Chris) be a Mercenary just like his appearance on the FE12 boxart and Ninian would have probably been a Manakete instead of a Dancer. :P

Edited by Linkmstr

Thank you so much. So do I need to put that 4 bytes when I compress it again? And do you know where the base stats info for Avatar?

I think so, but no guarantees because I've never tried it myself.

There's a small chance those 4 bytes are a checksum, but I doubt it if somebody already managed to get 100+ stats on their Avatar : P

Er, let's see... You want to edit static.bin in the person directory.

Go to 0x44 for Male Avatar (03 02 02 00 01 04 01 01) or 0x27C for Female Avatar.

Editing these won't break the caps though (you want to edit the Tactician/Grandmaster stats/caps in Gamedata.bin for that).

I got bigger sized files after compression. GameData.bin.lz's size increases to 138KB and static.bin.lz to 16KB. I didn't make any change but just decompression and compression.

Edit: Thank you for the info.

Edited by Doraemon