FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

Possibly.

How did hacking supports in the GBA games work? Maybe it just skips the non-existent conversation and goes straight to the support level increase?

Probably, given that there tend to be lots of falisafes like that in games nowindays, in case some kind of glitch occurs. A classic example is the script that causes you to instantly win any battle if no pokemon are in your party in pokemon gold and silver. (the TAS has a field day with this.)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3DS System Update 9.3 is coming out soon.

http://www.nintendo.com.hk/3ds/support.htm

If anyone is wanting to get smealum's exploit or Gateway's card, get to 9.2 tonight and hold, in case something is patched out tonight.

But if they're on 5.0-9.1, they don't need to update since smealum's ninjhax works for 4.0-9.2 and Gateway's new exploit works for 9.0-9.2. ;)

Also, users with v4.X 3DS should stay in v4.X.

Edited by Linkmstr

Sorry for my bad English and late comment.We know ctrtool does not support japanese language so many file was lost.But we cant restore these file and can repack rom complete.I'll explain method later due iam too busy for my work at company

Sorry for my bad English and late comment.We know ctrtool does not support japanese language so many file was lost.But we cant restore these file and can repack rom complete.I'll explain method later due iam too busy for my work at company

thank you. i can't wait.

Okay,First you have to start this code in file .bat

ctrtool --listromfs romfs1.bin >romfs.txt

In romfs.txt have all files we need and these are orderly.

Well,i'll start at bottom files in romfs.txt.You can see these files #####.If we can rename these files name correctly So we can repack successfuly.

use your hex to open romfs.bin and search "window_only.ctpk.lz" like this pic:

post-12977-0-01823100-1417674148_thumb.png

Next file is the files we have to rename

post-12977-0-74123000-1417674261_thumb.png

with binary code: DC 30 BF 30 F3 30 68 88 3A 79

look at 2 bytes first: DC 30.It's 30 DC exactly.go to http://www.rikai.com/library/kanjitables/kanji_codes.unicode.shtml

and it's ボ.and DC 30 BF 30 F3 30 68 88 3A 79 is ボタン表示("button display" google translated)

it's about ~4000 files like that.If you have much freetime you can do it completely about one week

You renamed 4000 files yourself? o__o

Just one question: where do we rename the files? Inside romfs.bin?

At the risk of sounding cheeky, could you please upload the segment of romfs.bin with the 4000 renamed files so we don't have to go through the same pain?

you cannot rename japanese characters inside romfs.bin.I have to rename these files in romfs.bin become 1#####,2####.....to extract romfs.bin orderly.

Last week,my hdd was broken and i have to send it to factory and hope they can recovery my data.Im sorry cannot help you at this time.

you cannot rename japanese characters inside romfs.bin.I have to rename these files in romfs.bin become 1#####,2####.....to extract romfs.bin orderly.

Last week,my hdd was broken and i have to send it to factory and hope they can recovery my data.Im sorry cannot help you at this time.

That's fine.

I'm all too familiar with HHD failures; hope your HDD comes back repaired : )

Okay, that makes sense. I did that before to extract the files properly, but I gave up after 100 files. There's no way I could do 4000 by myself...

Later, I had help and found somebody who made a program to "fix" most of the file names in romfs.bin, but you still need to rename the 4000 files after they've been unpacked and... sadly I don't have that much spare time to sit through and rename them all : (

Later, I had help and found somebody who made a program to "fix" most of the file names in romfs.bin, but you still need to rename the 4000 files after they've been unpacked and... sadly I don't have that much spare time to sit through and rename them all : (

The first thing I think of is to take all the files you need to rename and put them in a separate folder.

Afterwards, use a bash script (or something else) to list the files in the directory and output them all to a text file.

The hard part is establishing a pattern or you will end up renaming it all yourself.

You COULD just highlight them all in Windows and then rename to the same thing. And then it will append (number) at the end of the file before the extension.

You could then use a renamer program to take out the parenthesis.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Uh is there such a thing as bumping posts within a topic idk I mean I know with all this far-more exciting hacky stuff going on people will be more interested in that but I was talking with this person and

1f9714355579dff00f2562ffd26b7e35.png

(originalpost v)

All righty, so all my previous attempts were pretty horrible failures, but I saw some Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS model rips today, so I tried some new things (namely https://gbatemp.net/threads/extracting-models-and-textures-from-3ds-games.370788/ )

The .m file seems like it's probably the model, I mean the .sa files say animation in the filename, and .t probably means .texture while .m probably means model, right, okay fair enough. So I'm not sure I did what the tutorial said quite right, partly because I ended up with my cmd saying

09e77e6f1fee2cdc87379241162888a0.png

and partly because it only made the .obj (I tried running it on the .t file to extract textures, don't ask why, I know you know how to rip textures, but I thought it might do something) which I can't import into Blender (it gives this error

3af4f32ad452a30d752fa6e0d65b6f75.png

and doesn't create anything in the world space stuff.

Here's the .obj that popped out of the thingy if anyone else wants: http://www.load.to/Un68OMtfeO/uBody_F_mamk_1.obj

This is really cool. I'm actually curious about Village Maiden's stat growths and what Lucina's stat growths are when Village Maiden is her mom. I'm interested in figuring out a "Village Maiden" system for second gen characters when FEXNA finally comes out of Beta, and I want to see how IS handled it on a nuts and bolts level.

I have an idea of how to temporarily fix the naming issue.

I made a script thing that "fixed" the names so I could export them a while ago.

I could have it like save the original names and the new names to a file. That should allow for unpacking and rebuilding.

After it's repacked, I could make the script run in reverse and rename all the files in the new romfs back to their original names.

The problem is ctrtool still doesn't export all the files, despite them having normal-ish names. I'll still try and see what I can figure out.

I have an idea of how to temporarily fix the naming issue.

I made a script thing that "fixed" the names so I could export them a while ago.

I could have it like save the original names and the new names to a file. That should allow for unpacking and rebuilding.

After it's repacked, I could make the script run in reverse and rename all the files in the new romfs back to their original names.

The problem is ctrtool still doesn't export all the files, despite them having normal-ish names. I'll still try and see what I can figure out.

Hey! Welcome to the forums : )

Sorry about not replying earlier; been really busy with work and I've only really been able to take a breather now.

In any case, that idea sounds really good. Hmm, it's a bit weird if ctrtool still doesn't export every file, but if it exports most of them (your script majorly improved the number of exported files), it must be better than crashing in the first cutscene at least XD

Something I was reading reminded me, do we have any stats for Phila? Or does she use generic stats or something.

I remember checking near the beginning and she's there, but I don't recall anything notable.

After I document the character data a bit more, I'll give her another look.

I can't wait to see all of these different characters with differnt classes in game! I know everyone can most likey be a tactician with no problems, since all dlc classes use the tactician animation/map sprite if you dont have the dlc installed and are fighting for example an outream team with dreadfighters or bride.