FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

Okay, I was wrong, Andrea has a portrait... but it's a blank one : (

His/her portrait is attached to MPID_T001ボス, which makes me think they were the boss of a cut tutorial chapter.

Nothing about Leopold or Tracie just yet, but I am noticing a lot of names I don't recognise.

Interesting. If it turns out that Andrea is the only one like this, it would suggest he/she was the last (or one of the last) of the character to be cut. It can also be assumed that he/she would not have been recruitable, though that's a more wild assumption.

It'd be quite surprising if any cut characters had portraits, but it's unlikely that they would have anything except placeholders for portraits. I'd hazard a guess that a lot of the cut characters were cut early in development, considering that, apart from names, there isn't much else associated with them in the game's code.

Of course, that's just my speculation again. There could be more to find in the ROM than what has already been discovered.

Edited by Sweq32

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How far are we from reinserting stuff into the game? Mostly because I've noticed that some of the characters' confession portraits have inconsistencies from their other official art, especially with the second gen characters' confessions considering Kjelle is the only one out of them with their eyes the correct color. I actually just edited Owain's confession sprites so he has his normal eye color instead of brown eyes and I'm planning on fixing up a bunch of other confession portraits as well.

[spoiler=Original sprite sheet]63445.png

[spoiler=Edited sprite sheet]tumblr_nerot3H4jw1skqdh1o1_1280.png

by "blank", do you mean an empty file, or that silhouetted dummy portrait? dumb question, i know

Nah, it's a good question. It's the silhouette portrait.

Here's a list with some names I don't recognise. There are some bosses here too, but the other bosses are just listed as MPID_XXX_Boss where XXX is the chapter number.

MPID_ライミ Raimi

MPID_イマーン Iman

MPID_シャラール Chalard

MPID_ムスタファー Mustafa

MPID_密偵 Spy

MPID_ヤウズ Yauz

MPID_マテウス Mattheus

MPID_デュラント Durant

MPID_セルバンテス Cervantes

MPID_ディセンデ Descend

MPID_バルカ Barca

MPID_エクセライ Excellus

MPID_ナーガ Naga

MPID_ギムレー Grima

Makes me wonder if they were cut bosses. They also have the silhouette portrait.

Also had a look at the item effects and I noticed some peculiar ones. Because they are just names, they could be anything really.

ISID_敵専用 Enemy only

ISID_召喚 Summon

ISID_強制オンバト Forced map animations

Is there any time something is summoned? Maybe the Risen during Chapter 9?

ISID_通信譲渡禁止 Prohibited from StreetPass purchase

ISID_究極の紋章 Supreme Emblem

ISID_即換金 Instant gold

Oh snap, the Supreme Emblem has an effect? Don't panic as I don't *think* the Supreme Emblem item has any relevant data.

IAID_一時強化 Temporary boost

IAID_視界一時強化 Vision boost

IAID_章強化 Chapter boost

Fog of war? Edited by VincentASM

How far are we from reinserting stuff into the game?

It's already possible to repack the files. You can probably find out how to do it by searching around gbatemp forums and/or ask some of the users on there. Although, you might not get the answers you need depending on how you ask them. :P http://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-hacking-homebrew.201/

It will still require you to have a v4.X 3DS, Gateway 3DS flashcart (Red card), and some other tools that you can probably find/learn about here (It might not have everything you need to know.): http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-scene-recap-up-to-the-9th-of-november-2014.373866/

You may also need to read some of these:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/one-thread-all-working-rsf-files-post-yours-here.373804/

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-exinjector-inject-original-exheaders-into-repacked-roms.373839/

All you need is a 4.5 3DS, a gateway flash card, and a capture card ._.

Corrected it for you.

Edited by Linkmstr

Corrected it for you.

Well, I know you can miiverse it.

But what's the point if you just have the ripped sprites here anyway?

And a camera's gonna be super bad quality not to be able to see the change.

Well, I know you can miiverse it.

But what's the point if you just have the ripped sprites here anyway?

And a camera's gonna be super bad quality not to be able to see the change.

If DarkKnightAyla has a capture card already, then it'll be faster to find out about the difference. If not, well... Miiverse is an option... and the latest emuNAND can allow you to go on Miiverse with the latest 3DS firmware.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see. If Ayla doesn't have a v4.X 3DS, I'm sure there might be a few people here on SF with a capture card and a v4.X 3DS with Gateway who would be happy enough to try and repack the files back with the confession sprite sheets edited and show if it works or not.

Edited by Linkmstr

Sorry about bad English.Here is save decrypted use Savedatafiler app.

chapter0 is a slot save.

and map0 is a saved in battle.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5903ymneojhow13/000009f1.rar

Thanks!

Hmm, the files are a lot smaller than I thought they'd be. Oh yeah, you only have a few characters recruited, right?

Can you tell me your character's stats at the time of the save? It will make looking for their stats much easier.

(Assuming it's your save.)

I seriously cannot WAIT for the actual character texture rips. Faces and clothing and EEEEEEEE.

Which character's textures do you want?

Thanks!

Hmm, the files are a lot smaller than I thought they'd be. Oh yeah, you only have a few characters recruited, right?

Can you tell me your character's stats at the time of the save? It will make looking for their stats much easier.

(Assuming it's your save.)

my avatar name ABCD in chapter 4

gold:4850

it's a normal level,i try changed first 4 digit and it's a time played(in my save is 21min:35s)

My avatar stats:

lv3 exp:70 hp 26/26

str 6

mag 6

skill 6

spd 7

luck 3

def 8

res 5

weapon rank sword:E Tome:D

i am trying to change data.bin.lz(stat weapon) in romfs and repack them soon.If lucky then i can mod this rom.

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Vaike

Frederick x Maribelle

Virion x Cherche

Sully x Kellam

Stahl x Miriel

Cordelia x Libra

Lucina x Laurent

Inigo x Cynthia

Brady x Severa

Yarne x Noire

Because of not having an actual “fast” support, the following characters have been omitted to stay single in canon (or MU x MU, because two Morgans):

Donnel (Yeah, extra male gen 1)

I can totally get behind this.

Also, good on you Nintendo for making the bolded pairings as close to canon as possible. :awesome:

On a side note, now that we have this information, I want to do a "canon" run sometime and see how it fares.

i am trying to change data.bin.lz(stat weapon) in romfs and repack them soon.If lucky then i can mod this rom.

Thanks, but is Avatar the only character? What about Chrom, Frederick and co? It helps if I have more data, especially less complex characters as the Avatar's asset and flaw might affect their stats.

Also, I'm looking forward to the repacked ROM running : )

Sky3DS is in consumer hands today. Videos and reviews are coming soon, and people are already looking into the arbitrary 10-game limit. I think one avenue first is seeing if you can just swap internal headers to fool the arbitrary limit.

Family or Relatives: 0/5/9/- (e.g. Parent x Child, Sibling x Sibling)

Note I'm not 100% sure on the numbers for the Family category - at least for the B support. I'm fairly sure the other two are correct)

I can confirm that it's 0/4/9 (for parent-child supports at least- haven't tested siblings). Support grinding takes me one map and one Seed/Event Tile for B, and one battle with six Seeds/Event Tiles for A. One less on either doesn't work.

Well, all of them, but I'm really looking for face and hair textures for all playables except MU, and Special outfit textures (Like Say'ri's Swordmaster and Miriel's Sage outfits, etc). I noticed that their hair and eye colors were sometimes not the same as their portraits'.

I can confirm that it's 0/4/9 (for parent-child supports at least- haven't tested siblings). Support grinding takes me one map and one Seed/Event Tile for B, and one battle with six Seeds/Event Tiles for A. One less on either doesn't work.

Okay, thanks. I'll go back and edit that one. I think Siblings are identical.

Well, all of them, but I'm really looking for face and hair textures for all playables except MU, and Special outfit textures (Like Say'ri's Swordmaster and Miriel's Sage outfits, etc). I noticed that their hair and eye colors were sometimes not the same as their portraits'.

Knock yourself out (~70 MB)

I may have missed a few files (I already noticed one or two files that aren't there, but should be there. No idea why they aren't...).