FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

May I ask something: since we have found some unused/place-holder confession voice clips, I wonder if there is anything interesting among the characters' voice effects and critical/skill activation quotes?

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there's someone I know who claims to have already found the calculations for the supports before this thread happened. He said that the calculations here are wrong and that he has spent hours and hours getting all the supports and half of his summer doing calculations and he already decrypted the game way before. Now, he wasn't exactly happy with the calculations that are posted on SF, but I just thought I let you guys know. :P

Edited by Linkmstr

So there's someone I know who claims to have already found the calculations for the supports before this thread happened. He said that the calculations here are wrong and that he has spent hours and hours getting all the supports and half of his summer doing calculations and he already decrypted the game way before. Now, he wasn't exactly happy with the calculations that are posted on SF is right now, but I just thought I let you guys know. :P

Well, err... can they post their findings?

May I ask something: since we have found some unused/place-holder confession voice clips, I wonder if there is anything interesting among the characters' voice effects and critical/skill activation quotes?

Well, I can try uploading all the voice clips if you want to sift through them.

I'll probably only upload the English clips unless somebody familiar with Japanese and has tons of times wants to check them (plus most/all of the used ones are in the official soundtrack).

Well, err... can they post their findings?

If not the findings, then a hint as to where we might have gone wrong?

TBH, I pulled the numbers out of nowhere, but they look kinda right to me.

The ones I've definitely checked are Chrom's marriage candidates (we had a whole thread for that) and those match up perfectly.

Are you sure they're not reading our numbers incorrectly? The numbers are cumulative and you have to add one point after confirming a support level.

Edited by VincentASM

Well, I can try uploading all the voice clips if you want to sift through them.

I'll probably only upload the English clips unless somebody familiar with Japanese and has tons of times wants to check them (plus most/all of the used ones are in the official soundtrack).

All of the used Japanese tracks are on the OST. But I'll bother checking through them if you do rip them.

What we kind of need are... well... a compilation of the English voice clips.

This tumblr post:

http://butdontyousee.tumblr.com/post/54195986102

Leading to this:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5dcoevvxtfs9d56/iTqZKzTpOj

Has a bunch of good quality rips by using a 3.5mm male to male cable...

However, it's missing a bunch of conversation clips. And any death quotes, etc.

Sorry... I've asked him if he can post his calculations, but he refused. ;m;

The burden of evidence lies on the one making a claim.

So when he says it's wrong, then it's kind of on them to show that it is?

Like Vincent says... even just the hints that we're wrong.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The burden of evidence lies on the one making a claim.

So when he says it's wrong, then it's kind of on them to show that it is?

Like Vincent says... even just the hints that we're wrong.

I know that there needs to be some sort of proof with the claim, but I couldn't convince him to post here about it... He believes in his own head canon despite those calculations so... yeah... There's nothing I can do about it... It may sound like he is a bit over the top with his pairings, but it could possibly be true and we may actually never know until way later when someone else finds out about the calculations with the "canon" pairings... .-.;

Of course, the calculations we have here still has the bigger, better chance that it's all true since this came from the game itself.

Edited by Linkmstr

Err... despite what the numbers say, it shouldn't have anything to do with his preferences for pairings.

Please don't tell me they said that simply because they just don't want to "face" what shouldn't matter anyway?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Err... despite what the numbers say, he it shouldn't have anything to do with his preferences for pairings.

Please don't tell me they said that simply because they just don't want to "face" what shouldn't matter anyway?

Well, he said that he has the calculations done and that most, if not all, of those pairings are also not in his own head canon. Well, can't really say any more about it now. He already said that he won't post his calculations here, so it'll all be seen as just another guy making false claims and no proof with whatever he said. Again, we may never know if he's telling the truth or not. *sigh*

Sorry... I've asked him if he can post his calculations, but he refused. ;m;

Just ignore them then, if they're just saying "you're wrong" with literally nothing to back it up they're not even worth talking too, there's no conversation to be had.

Edited by L95

Just ignore them then, if they're just saying "you're wrong" with literally nothing to back it up they're not even worth talking too, there's no conversation to be had.

Well, again, who knows? It may be that or he just doesn't really want to share it. I'll try and ask him again after the Break.

English voice clips as promised: 56 MB

For some reason 2 files are missing; I dunno why and which ones (I'm not looking up 4000 files right now).

BTW, there is one way to check if the numbers on the site are correct. If we somehow manage to hack in Chrom x Cordelia, then that should quell anyone's doubts, right?

Now, who wants to volunteer... with the right equipment? ;__;

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (or possible), but I wouldn't be surprised if somebody managed to recolor the Tactician and Lodestar costumes to match the colors seen in the palette swaps of Robin and Lucina in Super Smash Bros.

Edited by Roflolxp54

So there's someone I know who claims to have already found the calculations for the supports before this thread happened. He said that the calculations here are wrong and that he has spent hours and hours getting all the supports and half of his summer doing calculations and he already decrypted the game way before. Now, he wasn't exactly happy with the calculations that are posted on SF, but I just thought I let you guys know. :P

The numbers on the site aren't wrong, but they aren't necessarily what most people would immediately see as being 'right' either. They need a little interpreting to understand properly.

I've done a fair bit of testing both in the past and recently, and all the numbers match up to what I expect, once I know how to read them. In short: Start by subtracting 1 from every number, per support level, to get the amount of support points you need to grow. So for example with standard romantic supports (e.g. Robin x opposite gender) you need 5/10/16/22 according to the site. Subtracting 1 per support level gives 4/8/13/18 as a total. That's absolute support points needed, you can interpret it as the difference per support level easily by subtracting the previous support number (so giving 4/4/5/5). That matches up to both what you can test in game - either by using seeds or trust or any other way you want to test it - and also what we expect from old site content, which might have been listed as 36/36/45/45 as the support numbers as they were multiplied by 9.

You can show him this post if you like. Hopefully with this explanation he'll be able to see how the numbers match up to his own (I'll assume for now his numbers are also correct).

I can volunteer to try out the modified game, but I can't do the modifying part... ;m;

Just to clarify, if I can edit the data, can you repack the ROM?

Apologies if you mentioned this, but the thread moves a bit fast sometimes, surprisingly XD

If so, hehehe... Hmm, dunno if I should try many things at once or just one/two in case I break the game.

I know that there needs to be some sort of proof with the claim, but I couldn't convince him to post here about it... He believes in his own head canon despite those calculations so... yeah... There's nothing I can do about it... It may sound like he is a bit over the top with his pairings, but it could possibly be true and we may actually never know until way later when someone else finds out about the calculations with the "canon" pairings... .-.;

Of course, the calculations we have here still has the bigger, better chance that it's all true since this came from the game itself.

Lol wut. So basically this guy refuses to share hard data cause it doesn't match his fan fiction?

Damn, he's crazier than Rey.

No offense.

Just to clarify, if I can edit the data, can you repack the ROM?

Apologies if you mentioned this, but the thread moves a bit fast sometimes, surprisingly XD

If so, hehehe... Hmm, dunno if I should try many things at once or just one/two in case I break the game.

I have no clue on how to actually repack it. It's rather complicated from how I see it, but then again, I'm not exactly much of an expert in this field... I'm sure that decrypting the game is a bit harder than repacking it, imo. X'P

It's fast? Not exactly. .-.;

Your choice. :3

Lol wut. So basically this guy refuses to share hard data cause it doesn't match his fan fiction?

No offense.

lol That's one way to look at it, but that's not really it. He just doesn't feel like sharing. ;o;

Edited by Linkmstr

No offense.

None taken.

Jacien, I can make fun of my stupidity.

The only thing I am scared of is getting retsupuraed, even though that's an honor in itself.

English voice clips as promised: 56 MB

Ooh thank you! :XD:

Is it just me or Yarne has an alternate critical line where he says: "Don't mess with a taguel!" (instead of "bunny")? It's in files 0x4CE9F00.mp3 (normal version) and 0x4CE10A0.mp3 (presumably meant to be used when transformed). Panne also says "My people do not play!" in some clips (instead of "The Taguel do not play!")

Naga also has a few lines I don't recognize like "Listen well!" and "I may not" (?) but maybe I just don't remember.

Some confessions are also in there for some reason.

Edited by Ryo

I have no clue on how to actually repack it. It's rather complicated from how I see it, but then again, I'm not exactly much of an expert in this field... I'm sure that decrypting the game is a bit harder than repacking it, imo. X'P

It's fast? Not exactly. .-.;

Okay, I'm just slow XD

Let's see... what do you have on your side?

Do you have the FE13 ROM at least or maybe the decrypted one?

Repacking might be unnecessary; I can try editing the ROM as one big file like in the old days. Also because the current unpacker breaks Japanese file names, so repacking the ROM would probably create 1 GB of garbage.

However, the ROM must be in a decrypted state before it can be modified and we need to find you a way to either re-encrypt it or run it unencrypted.

Okay, I'm just slow XD

Let's see... what do you have on your side?

Do you have the FE13 ROM at least or maybe the decrypted one?

Repacking might be unnecessary; I can try editing the ROM as one big file like in the old days. Also because the current unpacker breaks Japanese file names, so repacking the ROM would probably create 1 GB of garbage.

However, the ROM must be in a decrypted state before it can be modified and we need to find you a way to either re-encrypt it or run it unencrypted.

I have neither a FE13 rom nor a decrypted one. I've always used a physical copy of my own game so there was no need for it. Of course, I can back up my physical copy, but it will be the English version. :P

Hmm... =3=;

Well, the game doesn't have to be re-encrypted since Gateway can play zero key encrypted roms. I mean, I've tried out several undubbed games that don't have encryption keys and they were playable on the Gateway. You can re-encrypt the files back into the rom, but it's just too complicated for someone like me who has almost next to no experience with these kind of thing. ;m;

Edited by Linkmstr