FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

It shouldn't be too far off - Pokémon RAM hacking is now a thing: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44551-Web-Browser-RAM-based-Pokemon-Injection&p=195497, and you can apparently even do some (pseudo?) save editing: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44618-RAM2Sav-Save-File-Dumping-Injection-for-X-Y-OR-AS.

You can even inject VC roms into RAM to temporarily replace one you're currently playing: https://gbatemp.net/threads/injecting-roms-into-vc-with-only-the-web-browser-sure.379760/

Pokemon RAM hacking is still in its very early stages. It'll still be quite a while before Fire Emblem: Awakening/If gets their own share of love from the 3DS hacking community (save editing barely counts). After all, Pokemon is immensely popular around the world and many hackers love to mess with the games (and cheat).

Well, you need one VC game in order to inject GB/NES roms to make it work and the process sometimes doesn't work and stuff happens.

We'll just need to wait and see how this will turn out in the next couple of months or so.

Edited by Linkmstr

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my savedata, its for fire emblem US on GW flashcard, and its savedata filer version.
i hope this will help..
edit: somehow i cant attach my savedata. i'll post it on outside link, if its not allowed, please tell me i'll remove it ASAP. thx.
https://mega.co.nz/#!AVJFRChT!pdPT4I5CvbY0kUYllyhlnAVDBF2RWwQXSXU7UKvBqgM

Edited by SilverRegret

Wait, what?

You load the files from savedatafiler?

Any guide to this?

Its in /users/{USERNAME}/appdata/Local/Temp/3DSSE/root/
while you have the save open in "advanced mode" in the cyber gadget program.
Use the one modified for pkhex and just edit a save with a hex editor instead if you want to inject a save modified with a hex editor or an app.
Edited by someonewhodied

Its in /users/{USERNAME}/appdata/Local/Temp/3DSSE/root/

while you have the save open in "advanced mode" in the cyber gadget program.

Use the one modified for pkhex and just edit a save with a hex editor instead if you want to inject a save modified with a hex editor or an app.

Okay, I haven't been looking into this since I've been spending time in other places... but Awakening isn't supported.

So what do you do to circumvent that?

Open up another game like my Bravely Default For the Sequel or something?

Okay, I haven't been looking into this since I've been spending time in other places... but Awakening isn't supported.

So what do you do to circumvent that?

Open up another game like my Bravely Default For the Sequel or something?

It may just be your cartridge then. The game itself is supported, but some cartridge ids aren't.

(one of my KI:U cartridges still isn't :| )

edit: wait no i'm crazy, no advanced mode yet just codes like powersaves.

Edited by someonewhodied

I was glancing through the generic face mugs and found this guy

J4TQdw5.png

A Risen Priest, correct me if I'm wrong I don't think you ever fight risen priests in the game (I don't think tier 1 healer ever show as enemy except for Spot/Streetpass battles), I know you fight a generic priest (The Moulder stand-in) in erika's spotpass team but that's an Other-Worlder (who use the standard non-undead sprite which also exist) not a Risen

Other than that mildly disapointed I didn't find any real good unused sprites in the game, other than stuff like soilder and entomed hover animations.

• 2 weeks later...

So, once we get repacking the ROM to be easier...

How difficult would it be to implement a patch that changes all growths to 0%? I'd be a lot happier messing around with 0% growths if I didn't have to rig criticals and misses and the like on top of sub-1% odds of getting blank levels several times per map.

How difficult would it be to implement a patch that changes all growths to 0%? I'd be a lot happier messing around with 0% growths if I didn't have to rig criticals and misses and the like on top of sub-1% odds of getting blank levels several times per map.

Like FE12, it'll be easy for characters, but hard for classes.

Actually... nah, it'll be easy. Just zero out the cipherdata. No clue what that block of data does, but once it's all zero, nobody gains stats (in FE12).

I think that's Tellius (or at least RD).

This it not true for POR (i got several empty levels with no stats caped in my current playthrough). It is true in FE7 and 8 though (i honestly don't remember about fe6). This is one of those things that intsys flipflops on between games (like reinforcements that move on their first phase.)

Speaking of growths have we gotten them 100% accurate?

Speaking of growths have we gotten them 100% accurate?

It gets talked about earlir in the tread. Suffice to say that the encription is hard to crack, so we know with 100% accuracy who has what encripted growth rates, but not nesesairaly what actual growth rate each encripted growth rate corresponds to. We can usualy figure those relationchips out using guidebooks and statistical studies for easy to level characters like chrom. There are one or two encripted growth rates on spotpass characters that are unique, and are not in guide books. For these, we don't really have any good ideas. (i believe that this is true of some of priam's growths.) I don't remember for certain and don't know about class growth rates (i don't think we know those at all exept from guidebooks yet, but don't quote me on that), so you should look earlier in the thread.

The program used to unpack the ROM didn't support the Japanese characters used in all the file names and changed them to garbage, which breaks all the filepaths when you repack the game and causes stuff not to load. So far the only person who's been able to run a modified ROM went through and renamed all the files by hand (I think there are around 3,000 of them so it's a lot of work).

Everything here confuses me, but I do understand some of the unused content, so I have one question: does this mean that someone could essentially make a Fire Emblem 13 hack? And have a different story, and change the characters, etc.? If so, hat would be amazing! And, I saw that there are 3 unused names in there, so could someone potentially add 3 new characters? I understand that only the names exist, so that might be impossible, but wouldn't that be amazing? Maybe they could even make Anna capable of getting married, and use one of them as her child? And make the Levin Sword be used as a normal sword when at close range? (That in particular always bugged me.)

Honestly, this is so foreign to me, and I love it! Sorry if some of these things were addressed earlier, I just couldn't be bothered to read all 30 pages.

Edited by AwesomeSauce

Yeah, in theory you can hack this game. Some people already have, I believe, but they've only done simple things like changing stats.

But practically speaking, the hacking would probably be very limited, because so few people know how the code for 3DS games work. You could probably change marriage options (as it's just editing a few bytes), but reverse-engineering the Levin Sword is probably too much work.

does this mean that someone could essentially make a Fire Emblem 13 hack? And have a different story, and change the characters, etc.? If so, hat would be amazing! And, I saw that there are 3 unused names in there, so could someone potentially add 3 new characters? I understand that only the names exist, so that might be impossible, but wouldn't that be amazing? Maybe they could even make Anna capable of getting married, and use one of them as her child? And make the Levin Sword be used as a normal sword when at close range? (That in particular always bugged me.)

A hack of that scale would practically be an entirely new game just made using the FE13 engine. Even GBA hacks very rarely get that far (and the ones that do have been in development for years), and they have a full compliment of emulators and hacking tools and whatnot available for use.

So while it's possible, it's not actually going to happen for a very long time. Look at FE14: it's so far based on the Awakening engine with new characters, story, weapons etc, but has an entire studio with a real budget and full access to the source code behind it, and it still isn't done yet.

If they're aiming for a Summer release, it'll be done damned-soon in time for marketing, manufacturing, and distribution to get worked up.

3DS emulation is also maturing pretty quickly compared to the last two years, with a handful of games booting to title screen and even a couple being playable, albeit at very, very slow speeds. We'll see how things look six months from now :)

Yeah, but they've probably been working on it since the last wave of DLC was localized. It's not like they started the project right before the trailer and are just going to spend six months on it, it's a big time investment.

But this is getting a little off topic, so I digress.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi