FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

Are the unit textures extractable? As well as DLC content? Because it would be amazing if the people who did the battle models on Lucina to put the Brand of the Exalt on her eye.

...I know this is like maybe a reference to smash bros... but what does that accomplish when you can BARELY even tell the eyes aren't dots up close?

ivy6rG0.png

Doing it in Smash Bros. is one thing...

Please don't be a Lucina waifu person. Just please.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not sure even her critical cut-in is large enough to doodle a brand on, at least not without it being unrecognisable and indistinguishable from the rest of the eye. sticking it on the model textures is the ultimate exercise in futility

i for one await texture hacks which make nowi's attire not absolute fucking garbage

...I know this is like maybe a reference to smash bros... but what does that accomplish when you can BARELY even tell the eyes aren't dots up close?

It's a good question. Huge amounts of DS games had very nice-sized resolutions for textures, relative to the actual system resolution. Running the game at a higher native resolution via emulator, you can see just how much the games are choked back as far as detail goes. 3DS games are looking to be very similar--even the tome dumps we've seen here are unnecessarily large, relative to the actual pixel density afforded to them during battle scenes.

ivy6rG0.png

Doing it in Smash Bros. is one thing...

Please don't be a Lucina waifu person. Just please.

Just curiousity, but no I am not a Lucina waifu person ;p

Yeah, Lucian's textures are too low resolution to see anything.

uHead_F_c034_c0.t_200%28uHead_F_c034_c0%

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but are the generic enemy portraits available too? I know there's a mage one somewhere, but I'd love the Hero and Myrmidon too.

That's fine, this is the right place!

They can be ripped, but I'm not sure if they're available. If they're not at the Spriter's Resource, you may have to wait a bit. I can rip them too, but I don't know what file is what and there are over 800 portrait files : P

i for one await texture hacks which make nowi's attire not absolute fucking garbage

I for one await texture hacks which will give the female units pants. Better armor as well, but especially pants.

Edited by DarkKnightAyla

Is it easy to determine the pointer for each unit's class? I always wondered how class sets were built in this game.

I for one await texture hacks which will give the female units pants. Better armor as well, but especially pants.

sPuN3Qb.pngddrUWAz.png

From this statement, FeMU Great Knight on Endgame cutscene is clearly your favorite.

Is it easy to determine the pointer for each unit's class? I always wondered how class sets were built in this game.

I had a look at Chrom's data and it seems easy enough; the pointers follow standard DS rules. Reverse the bytes, then add 20 in hex.

Only the basic classes are listed, so Lord, Cavalier and Archer. But the curious thing is that the female versions are also listed, presumably for inheritance purposes.

Perhaps there's a flag that stops Chrom from changing into the female classes.

Edited by VincentASM

For inheritance makes the most sense. Though i wonder what the deal is with Panne->Yarne and Wyvern Rider

That might be how the Exhalted Falchion is controlled?

Edited by Sara.

For inheritance makes the most sense. Though i wonder what the deal is with Panne->Yarne and Wyvern Rider

I will look into Panne later; that's the thing that's bothering me as well.

Is there something special with the Exalted Falchion? It's probably operating off a standard weapon lock, which they've been using since... FE6 or FE7? Maybe even earlier.

Well I guess it might be using the FE9 variant, where a weapon lock is considered two skills in one--one for a character and another for a weapon.

Edited by VincentASM

I had a look at Chrom's data and it seems easy enough; the pointers follow standard DS rules. Reverse the bytes, then add 20 in hex.

Is it because the file header is 0x20 just like with the FE9 and FE10 files?

Well I guess it might be using the FE9 variant, where a weapon lock is considered two skills in one--one for a character and another for a weapon.

I want to see if the 5 skill slots are the ONLY skill slots. I mean, remember Radiant Dawn when bosses had a "Skill" that determined they were a boss? I'd LOVE to take advantage of that (if it's like that) when we're able to run modified ROMs.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If you have a Gateway, you should be able to run modified ROMs without an issue. It's been going on for a few weeks that I've seen, mostly text edits and texture swaps.

sPuN3Qb.pngddrUWAz.png

anita sarkeesian couldn't handle this level of misogyny

Also, the extra knight class the kelge gets, even if neither of her parents have it..

If you have a Gateway, you should be able to run modified ROMs without an issue. It's been going on for a few weeks that I've seen, mostly text edits and texture swaps.

Problem is, I don't have a 4.5 firmware 3DS (at all) or with a capture card.

I imagine that KYjelly just has her base class of X

Though that leads to an interesting question, of the determining pointer(s) for Morgan's starting class. I guess in theory, multiple children could have a sort of Dynamic starting class?

The Avatar and Morgan likely have some crazy coding that I couldn't possibly read.

For reference, I'm pretty sure I didn't see a massive list of possible classes for the Avatar, so there's more than one way to determine a class list. (Presumably the massive Reclass list is a special, hard-coded Tactician trait.)

Speaking of massive lists, it's funny how everyone has the same, massive support list, even if most of the entries are blank/99/99/99 (where 99 = impossible to increase support level).

Only other new thing I can share is that Donnel has a Swordmaster map sprite. No idea why.

Also, this might not mean much, but there are some map sprites curiously listed after every class has been listed:

1. Tactician and Grandmaster for the children characters (did they want to avoid cluttering up the list at the beginning or was Avatar being an inheritable class decided later?)

2. Paladin Noire (did they forget this one until later?)

3. Knight for all the applicable female characters (I assume they were going to have generic Knight sprites)

4. Sage Excellus (lucky guy!)

5. Laguz Taguel Morgan and Manakete Morgan (similar situation to number 1?)

6. Assassin for all the characters who had Hero, but not in the final game (more evidence that Myrmidon -> Hero was once a class path)

EDIT

Raw data for anyone who can read...

...Japanese.

BMI_戦術師シンシア BMI_戦術師セレナ BMI_戦術師デジェル BMI_戦術師ノワール BMI_戦術師マルス BMI_戦術師ンン BMI_戦術師アズール BMI_戦術師ウード BMI_戦術師ジェローム BMI_戦術師シャンブレー BMI_戦術師ブレディ BMI_戦術師ロラン BMI_神軍師アズール BMI_神軍師ウード BMI_神軍師ブレディ BMI_神軍師ジェローム BMI_神軍師シャンブレー BMI_神軍師ロラン BMI_神軍師マルス BMI_神軍師デジェル BMI_神軍師シンシア BMI_神軍師セレナ BMI_神軍師ノワール BMI_神軍師ンン BMI_パラディンノワール BMI_アーマーナイトサーリャ BMI_アーマーナイトシンシア BMI_アーマーナイトスミア BMI_アーマーナイトセレナ BMI_アーマーナイトノワール BMI_アーマーナイトフラヴィア BMI_アーマーナイトマルス BMI_アーマーナイトンン BMI_アーマーナイトデジェル BMI_賢者エクセライ BMI_ラグズマーク男 BMI_ラグズマーク女 BMI_マムクートマーク女 BMI_予約02女 BMI_アサシンオリヴィエ BMI_予約01男 BMI_旧マルス BMI_アサシンソワレ BMI_アサシンサイリ BMI_アサシンソール BMI_白竜
Edited by VincentASM

BMI_戦術師マルス

"Tactician Marth"

...Guessing that's Lucina's label.

予約01男

Reserved 01 Male?

BMI_白竜

White Dragon?

Yup : P

Reserved are DLC classes, so Dread Fighter for Reserved 01 male and Bride for Reserved 01 female.

I'm guessing White Dragon is Tiki's transformed map sprite. Do you see a transformed sprite in this game? I know you see it in FE6 and FE8.

Yup : P

Reserved are DLC classes, so Dread Fighter for Reserved 01 male and Bride for Reserved 01 female.

I'm guessing White Dragon is Tiki's transformed map sprite. Do you see a transformed sprite in this game? I know you see it in FE6 and FE8.

Yes, there are transformed map sprites for when animations are off. I don't recall if Tiki's is different from Nowi's or whatever. (I don't think Nah has a custom red transformed sprite though)

BMI_旧マルス What's this one?

Edited by L95

That must be it. In FE6 and 8 you see the manaketes attack when you have mapsprites, but if you're playing with map animations for awakening, they're still in human form.

Do you see a transformed sprite in this game? I know you see it in FE6 and FE8.

Turn animations off when someone has a Dragonstone equipped.

but if you're playing with map animations for awakening, they're still in human form.

Err, no...

7DL1Nnc.gif

Edited by shadowofchaos