TearRing Saga Random Item Help!

Naglfar94

Hello guys well I need help again I am on chapter 30 of this game and I trained up most all units I want to use but am having a problem getting the super rare Dragon Flute. As I trained Mahter, Frau and Sasha. Well getting the Dragon Flute is not the problem I know where it is located. The problem is changing which chests are able to be opened in Morse Tower F1 and the contents. I heard there is an RNG trick where you reset the game? well I tried that and I am getting the exact same items now I kept saving and resetting but nothing so maybe I am doing the steps wrong? do I have to actually play through F1 each visit? as what i am doing is I

step 1.Save

step 2.enter

step 3.reset

step 4.enter again

but the chest contents have not changed :(

I don't remember myself because getting those rare items is just daunting and I gave up before I got them. But maybe it makes a difference if you the in-game reset map feature which is used by pressing R1 + R2 + L1 + L2 + Start + Select all at the same time.

If not, then it's at least a useful feature to know about. But for some reason, the function didn't work with my 360 controller until I switched R1 with R2 and L1 with L2.

I don't remember myself because getting those rare items is just daunting and I gave up before I got them. But maybe it makes a difference if you the in-game reset map feature which is used by pressing R1 + R2 + L1 + L2 + Start + Select all at the same time.

If not, then it's at least a useful feature to know about. But for some reason, the function didn't work with my 360 controller until I switched R1 with R2 and L1 with L2.

soft reset? this game has soft reset? i had no idea well there goes that plan then that is probably what is needed to do it properly I can`t do it as I am playing in a emulator with no controller dang it I should have done the item duplication bug but it is too late now for that. Thanks for your help I think I will wave the white flag on this one too I will not be able to pull it off so I will drop Mahter and Frau and keep Sasha as I believe you get 1 dragon flute in chapter 31.

soft reset? this game has soft reset? i had no idea well there goes that plan then that is probably what is needed to do it properly I can`t do it as I am playing in a emulator with no controller dang it I should have done the item duplication bug but it is too late now for that. Thanks for your help I think I will wave the white flag on this one too I will not be able to pull it off so I will drop Mahter and Frau and keep Sasha as I believe you get 1 dragon flute in chapter 31.

I think it's not quite a soft reset. It opens a menu which asks you if you want to restart the map or go back to the title screen.

Anyway, I'm all in favor of not bothering with this because it is quite insane. But not using a Gamepad does not mean that you can't use the button combination You just have to figure out which keyboard buttons represent which controller buttons. And the emulator should have a configuration menu for that.

...well, in theory at least because pressing just about any combination of six buttons on a keyboard will make them block each other for some reason. But I managed to bypass this by (let's see if I can phrase this properly) mashing all the required buttons so that I don't hit them all at the exact same moment but it's still close enough to trigger the menu.

As for the Pegasus Knights, you can still give them a Super Proof to raise their level cap by 10. But they can only be used if they have already reached their cap.

Edited by BrightBow